EA Forums - Banner

What's the deal with unsellable stuff?

Prev1
mattderes wrote:
The Christmas and Halloween stuff was annoying enough, but at least we bought those by choice. What's the point of saddling us with Valentine's stuff we don't want or need and then making it impossible for us to get rid of them? Okay, the pink fountain was kind of neat, but who wants or needs their town to have five of them... ever? All this is doing is making my inventory screen harder to look through.

Please EA, at least let me delete these things!

How about a "Hide" option instead?

Replies

  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    Okay, the pink fountain was kind of neat, but who wants or needs their town to have five of them... ever?

    +1
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited February 2014
    It's free stuff. Can't everyone be happy that they gave us free stuff? In game cash gets so easy to come by once you've maxed out levels...it's hardly worth the couple of bucks you might get by selling it. I've seen so many super cool ways to utilize these items as decorations in your town, plus there are so many buildings you can hide stuff behind if you didn't want it visible.
    If EA would let us sell this stuff, I bet people would complain that they accidentally sold one of these items by accident and now they can't get it back. Sheesh.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm with the OP and not because of the money. I'm just accumulating a ton of items that I have to scroll past when accessing my inventory. We should be able to sell or at least delete them.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited February 2014
    It's free stuff. Can't everyone be happy that they gave us free stuff? In game cash gets so easy to come by once you've maxed out levels...it's hardly worth the couple of bucks you might get by selling it. I've seen so many super cool ways to utilize these items as decorations in your town, plus there are so many buildings you can hide stuff behind if you didn't want it visible.
    If EA would let us sell this stuff, I bet people would complain that they accidentally sold one of these items by accident and now they can't get it back. Sheesh.

    Sheesh yourself. I've got ten million bucks in game and five stars; I don't need to boost my vanity rating for the two hundredth time. This collection of water fountains and flower carts is just sitting in my inventory along with leftover decorated lamps and other odds and ends I can't get rid of. At least the choo-choos I got were worth hiding behind stuff because they boost XP.
  • cheezyridr
    20 posts
    edited February 2014
    agreed
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    Okay, the pink fountain was kind of neat, but who wants or needs their town to have five of them... ever?

    +1

    -1 give them to me then I want/need them I only got 4 at moment ...... Ever! Now you know who.
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I honestly hate the pink fountain. If it weren't pink, I'd like it. The other fountain in the game has CHERUBS around it and yet its not pink. Why is this necessary? Its so ugly. I like everything else though. You can sell the pond, I actually sold 3 before I realised that they were multipliers. Now I'm hiding the extras. (I sold 3 and have 4 currently)
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    it'd be cool if there was a yard sale or something

    i would sell some of the junk decorations for a few bucks each
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    It's free stuff. Can't everyone be happy that they gave us free stuff? In game cash gets so easy to come by once you've maxed out levels...it's hardly worth the couple of bucks you might get by selling it. I've seen so many super cool ways to utilize these items as decorations in your town, plus there are so many buildings you can hide stuff behind if you didn't want it visible.
    If EA would let us sell this stuff, I bet people would complain that they accidentally sold one of these items by accident and now they can't get it back. Sheesh.

    Sheesh yourself. I've got ten million bucks in game and five stars; I don't need to boost my vanity rating for the two hundredth time. This collection of water fountains and flower carts is just sitting in my inventory along with leftover decorated lamps and other odds and ends I can't get rid of. At least the choo-choos I got were worth hiding behind stuff because they boost XP.

    Then DON'T spin. Easy enough.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    at the end of the event usually you can sell them (at last Xmas ones you could. for example the Tree)
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • dkg1083
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I sold basically all of last years valentine stuff, and now I wish I hadn't for the simple fact that half of last years decos now have multipliers!! Most of the decos from last year could be sold for about $500 if I'm remembering correctly, and I was seriously strapped for cash. Now I'm kicking myself that I sold about 5 of the hammocks, 6 of the trains and a few of the ponds.

    Hopefully, next valentines day, this years stuff will be given a multiplier as well, and then we'll be glad we couldn't sell it. :)
  • Neenner
    32 posts
    edited February 2014
    Sell option would be nice for past, present and future event decorations.
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited February 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I'm with the OP and not because of the money. I'm just accumulating a ton of items that I have to scroll past when accessing my inventory. We should be able to sell or at least delete them.

    This is the point. It makes inventory scrolling even more of a pain. There should be a delete option if you can't sell it.
  • allonsyalonsodt
    26 posts
    edited February 2014
    I hide all of the small stuff like the frilly lamp post or whatever behind buildings. I have 2 extra Thanksgiving Parade balloons that I couldn't sell, so I put one behind the Volcano Lair and the other behind the Popsicle Stick Tower. I was able to hide them well enough so that they don't show at all.

    Now, I have 1 item that I cannot hide and it annoys the CRAP out of me. The 2nd Kang/Kodos Crash site. I don't need 2 in my town, I have 1 and it looks just fine. My town is almost FULL and I have no room to hide it. It's been sitting in my inventory since Halloween.

    I would give anything to sell it. I would actually pay a few donuts to sell it!
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    mattderes wrote:
    It's free stuff. Can't everyone be happy that they gave us free stuff? In game cash gets so easy to come by once you've maxed out levels...it's hardly worth the couple of bucks you might get by selling it. I've seen so many super cool ways to utilize these items as decorations in your town, plus there are so many buildings you can hide stuff behind if you didn't want it visible.
    If EA would let us sell this stuff, I bet people would complain that they accidentally sold one of these items by accident and now they can't get it back. Sheesh.

    Sheesh yourself. I've got ten million bucks in game and five stars; I don't need to boost my vanity rating for the two hundredth time. This collection of water fountains and flower carts is just sitting in my inventory along with leftover decorated lamps and other odds and ends I can't get rid of. At least the choo-choos I got were worth hiding behind stuff because they boost XP.

    Then DON'T spin. Easy enough.

    And it would be even easier to just uninstall the game and do something productive, but instead I'd prefer to have a game that worked properly. Some of the stuff on the wheel is worth trying for, even if you have to hide them, because they act as multipliers for the cash/XP. Okay, so most of the items are booby-prizes; why saddle me with them forever? Do you suppose the people who "won" the donkey or whatever on Let's Make a Deal had to take it home with them and keep it?
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Somehow, making holiday items sellable can be one's undoing. Been there, done that. I inadvertently sold all but one of my Whacking Day windsocks. Now I have to hope they will come back next Whacking Day.
  • cheezyridr
    20 posts
    edited February 2014
    mattderes wrote:
    Wijsheid wrote:
    mattderes wrote:
    It's free stuff. Can't everyone be happy that they gave us free stuff? In game cash gets so easy to come by once you've maxed out levels...it's hardly worth the couple of bucks you might get by selling it. I've seen so many super cool ways to utilize these items as decorations in your town, plus there are so many buildings you can hide stuff behind if you didn't want it visible.
    If EA would let us sell this stuff, I bet people would complain that they accidentally sold one of these items by accident and now they can't get it back. Sheesh.

    Sheesh yourself. I've got ten million bucks in game and five stars; I don't need to boost my vanity rating for the two hundredth time. This collection of water fountains and flower carts is just sitting in my inventory along with leftover decorated lamps and other odds and ends I can't get rid of. At least the choo-choos I got were worth hiding behind stuff because they boost XP.

    Then DON'T spin. Easy enough.

    Do you suppose the people who "won" the donkey or whatever on Let's Make a Deal had to take it home with them and keep it?

    i was going to make a joke about how cool it would be to come home wuth a donkey, but then i remembered the stampy episode
  • 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited February 2014
    You never know when you may later want something that you've sold, but it seems a delete button would be a great idea. That would also be less "data" to be stored, theoretically making room for something else. It better come with a triple "Are you sure?" prompt though. LOL
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited February 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    I'm with the OP and not because of the money. I'm just accumulating a ton of items that I have to scroll past when accessing my inventory. We should be able to sell or at least delete them.

    I just want some kind of organization of the inventory--that would fix everything! Maybe even be able to make your own categories and manually dump stuff in them. Oh wishful thinking!
  • johnny50373
    2768 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    You can sell the pond, I actually sold 3 before I realised that they were multipliers. Now I'm hiding the extras. (I sold 3 and have 4 currently)
    This is the biggest problem in my eyes. The train can also be sold. Why is it that we can only sell the items that have multipliers? If we can sell those, why not allow us to sell everything else? Forget about the double triple check before selling. Seller beware. This stuff is no different than anything else.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.