EA Forums - Banner

Entitlement

Replies

• Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Because some of us are premium players and basically get slapped in the face by the things EA decides to give out.

Huh?

What's there not to understand? People like me who spend good money on this game almost always get a terrible return on our investment.

Investment ! lol That sentence is really funny :mrgreen:

If you go to a restaurant and purchase a meal, are you entitled to the whole restaurant, or just the meal you bought ?

Think about this, I too am a premium player, and when I buy a character/building/decoration with donuts, I am entitled to exactly what I bought. Buying stuff with donuts does not make you a shareholder of EA. :mrgreen:

You are not the only one who buys premium stuff. Everyone is entitled to exactly what they bought. If I get a gift, I feel gratitude. But hey, I am a positive person :)
  • L4S3l2
    20 posts
    edited February 2014
    I cant understand why the so called Premium Players are feeling ripped off..
    They got the Train too, dont they?
    Its your choice if you spend 300 Donuts on a Whale or not!
    I know that basically all Items are way overpriced for some digital Buildings or Characters
    and thats why i chose NOT to spend real Money on this Game..
  • Auganaut
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I play for free and always will. When EA gives out a "gift" for whatever reason, it makes me feel happy and special. I like feeling special and happy, so I want free gifts every time I log in. GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!! :twisted:
  • Snakeyees
    2320 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    After all its only Ones and zeros. and EA has plenty of those so Yea I expect a company like EA to give me free stuff. but if i don't get free stuff then oh well.
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    Because people are whiny and instead of worrying about important things in life they worry about a silly smartphone game. No priorities.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited February 2014
    I don't understand why people who buy things off the game expect good gifts on event days, they get what they paid for, it's like shopping often at a certain supermarket and when they bring out all their Christmas or Halloween or Easter stuff etc you go up to them on the day and expect a gift.
    at least the gift has a multiplyer, they could of given like, a balloon or nothing at all.

• toddpygensky
    583 posts
    edited February 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Because some of us are premium players and basically get slapped in the face by the things EA decides to give out.

The train was a bit of a slap. They could of at least gave us the heart hammock.

Wait, so you would prefer they gave you an item (heart Hammock) with a .50% multiplier rather than the item (Train) that has a 2.5% multiplier?

Your weird.
  • mattderes
    133 posts
    edited February 2014
    1VolMan wrote:
    Sorry, thought this was a thread about my ex-wife.

Nope, that's in the one called Heart Grinder. :(
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    This forum makes me feel grubby playing the game at times. In fact when people complain the server downtime makes them want to not play anymore, it's their complaints that make me not want to play anymore.

Maybe there used to be some decent posters on here, but now it seems to be flooded with, 'DATS MINE' 'MOAR' 'BUT I...BUT..GIMME' simpletons.
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    Why do people feel that they are owed a gift from EA every holiday?

Because they basically started giving us one every holiday.

So once somebody does a kind deed they are obligated to keep performing kind deeds for ever and ever?

Its like birthdays presents. Children only expect to recieve a present on their birthday because parents have conditioned them to expect it.

Same thing with EA and quite honestly, its how they keep the game going. Can you imagine how boring this game would be without holidays and events?
  • anastasios_p
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:

So once somebody does a kind deed they are obligated to keep performing kind deeds for ever and ever?

Its like birthdays presents. Children only expect to recieve a present on their birthday because parents have conditioned them to expect it.

Same thing with EA and quite honestly, its how they keep the game going. Can you imagine how boring this game would be without holidays and events?

With regards to your first point: Yes, but at some point children grow up, or most do, and they accept the gift that is offered to them without complaining about it.

Your second point is a bit off-target since the issue of holidays and events was never brought up.
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:

Huh?

What's there not to understand? People like me who spend good money on this game almost always get a terrible return on our investment.

Investment ! lol That sentence is really funny :mrgreen:

If you go to a restaurant and purchase a meal, are you entitled to the whole restaurant, or just the meal you bought ?

Think about this, I too am a premium player, and when I buy a character/building/decoration with donuts, I am entitled to exactly what I bought. Buying stuff with donuts does not make you a shareholder of EA. :mrgreen:

You are not the only one who buys premium stuff. Everyone is entitled to exactly what they bought. If I get a gift, I feel gratitude. But hey, I am a positive person :)

I concur. I don't like to get involved in threads like this considering it's just a game but I feel like you got it in a nutshell. I don't think EA always get things right but some people are just ridiculous with the expectations. You get what you pay for and it's on you if you're not happy with that. I personally am so any gifts are just gravy. But them I'm not a child who throws tantrums over not getting what they want.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I think most of us only expected a gift, because it was suggested there might be one. I also think , for those of us that played this event last year, there is nothing wrong with being disappointed that they gave us the train . Something new,like the Turkey for Thanksgivings or the Grumple for Christmas, would have been more appreciated. Compared to last years V-day, this one kinda fell flat.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6273 posts Moderator
    edited February 2014
    I think I'm entitled to get this character. But that's just me

3NwRVOZ.jpg
  • anastasios_p
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:

In a game where we're constantly being ripped off and punished for being premium players, yes.

I'm sorry, but how are you being ripped off? EA offers the premium prizes at a cost, but ultimately you decide whether what they offer is worth the cost.

And I don't understand, how are you being punished?
  • MJohnsonfhk
    1 posts
    edited February 2014

Wow great thread

/yawn
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited February 2014
    For the people that pay upwards of $20 for a single decoration, and have given EA hundreds of dollars, I think they deserve to at least be a little entitled to expect some consistency.

My only real complaint from all of the updates was the ClausCo building in the Christmas update. Many people missed out despite getting 150k+ tickets (event was pretty much over at 30K) and had no way of obtaining it. I myself got up to 90K without exploiting the Homer/Lisa tasks and ended up getting 50 tokens with donuts before I finally had it, only a couple days before the event ended.

One of my neighbors is a completionist and has every single item since the games inception...except ClausCo. Kind of felt bad because I know he/she must have tried feverishly to get it, and to no avail. Pretty sucky deal when someone who has spent that much $ into the game misses out on something.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:

In a game where we're constantly being ripped off and punished for being premium players, yes.

I'm sorry, but how are you being ripped off? EA offers the premium prizes at a cost, but ultimately you decide whether what they offer is worth the cost.

We are constantly being punished because during events and other updates they provide a premium item to everyone after the premium players already purchased it. They also give us gifts of 5-10 donuts and then lay out premium content that costs 300 donuts. The 5-1 donuts is a lot to the freemium player but it means nothing to premium players. They actually give rewards to freemium players. If they are so willing to give little rewards to freemium players then they should give comparable rewards to premium players (the same gift is not comparable as it's meaningless to premium players).
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    sherryt07 wrote:

We are constantly being punished because during events and other updates they provide a premium item to everyone after the premium players already purchased it. They also give us gifts of 5-10 donuts and then lay out premium content that costs 300 donuts. The 5-1 donuts is a lot to the freemium player but it means nothing to premium players. They actually give rewards to freemium players. If they are so willing to give little rewards to freemium players then they should give comparable rewards to premium players (the same gift is not comparable as it's meaningless to premium players).
    not all premium players had the train, some of them weren't even playing last Valentine's Day and hadn't cleared the wheel.
    I'm a premium player but didn't buy the train last year and it was the last item for me to clear on the wheel on Valentine's day.
  • fayers365
    7 posts
    edited February 2014
    Hahah. I don't feel like that. The Valentines update barely worked for me and quit more often than it didn't. I just didn't play much through this. Then today I got my daily award and opened the box. Ten donuts! Then it crashed and when I opened it again 250 bucks. The EA giveth and the EA taketh away.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!