EA Forums - Banner

Entitlement

Replies

• Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I just want to state for the record, that I don't think mods are higher than anybody else. :wink:
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Just throwing this out there, without premium players like myself, Josh, and many others, there would be no game (it would have ended by now.) We keep this game running for you freemium players. The cash flow keeps this game running as long as EA is making a profit. In the process, EA is continually smacking us premium players in the face. I have seven trains. I didn't need another one. 2.5% to me doesn't mean much either. I'm making thousands per day. Or the casual five donut giveaway when things cost 150-300 to begin with. I'm sorry if most of you can't understand this, but the day that we stop paying for things is the day the game ends and you'll fully understand.

You deserve a crown, you are a king, you are a real somebody, you spend money on a game... Let me laugh...

Let me tell you, you are not the only one paying, you are only one drop in the ocean...

I understand that EA, who is in business to make money in order to continue to make more games, wants to get more freemium players to become premium. What's wrong about that ?

Stop thinking you are higher than anyone because you are a premium player.

Premium players ARE higher than non-premium players. And those mentioned in-game are even higher than anyone else.

Agree with you, Josh. We are higher because without us, this game wouldn't exist any longer. Period.
    c02018f42e5cef78400106a319b2949d117e0afd48e111342688eac48d9b1855.jpg
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Just throwing this out there, without premium players like myself, Josh, and many others, there would be no game (it would have ended by now.) We keep this game running for you freemium players. The cash flow keeps this game running as long as EA is making a profit. In the process, EA is continually smacking us premium players in the face. I have seven trains. I didn't need another one. 2.5% to me doesn't mean much either. I'm making thousands per day. Or the casual five donut giveaway when things cost 150-300 to begin with. I'm sorry if most of you can't understand this, but the day that we stop paying for things is the day the game ends and you'll fully understand.

You deserve a crown, you are a king, you are a real somebody, you spend money on a game... Let me laugh...

Let me tell you, you are not the only one paying, you are only one drop in the ocean...

I understand that EA, who is in business to make money in order to continue to make more games, wants to get more freemium players to become premium. What's wrong about that ?

Premium players ARE higher than non-premium players. And those mentioned in-game are even higher than anyone else.

This reminds me of the line, from "Watchmen" I think, " Saying you are the world's smartest human is like saying you are the world's smartest cockroach". :wink:

So you're a cockroach and I'm a better cockroach?
  • anastasios_p
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:

This reminds me of the line, from "Watchmen" I think, " Saying you are the world's smartest human is like saying you are the world's smartest cockroach". :wink:

No, that was not the point at all.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:

That's what I took from it.
  • anastasios_p
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:

Agree with you, Josh. We are higher because without us, this game wouldn't exist any longer. Period.

Actually ayyezajac, Josh is saying that he is even better than you. After all, he's the one who got mentioned in-game. :wink:
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    So let me get this straight...Anyone who chooses not to spend real money on this game is a cheapskate?
  • anastasios_p
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:

That's what I took from it.

Sorry, but you took away the wrong thing.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    slacker001 wrote:
    So let me get this straight...Anyone who chooses not to spend real money on this game is a cheapskate?

Asking a question like that around people that obviously have no compunction with being rude is just asking for trouble. :roll: Of course someone is going to say "yes, it does" and then you'll get offended.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:

Asking a question like that around people that obviously have no compunction with being rude is just asking for trouble. :roll:

But then you would be in the obligation of closing the subject. :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:

Asking a question like that around people that obviously have no compunction with being rude is just asking for trouble. :roll:

But then you would be in the obligation of closing the subject. :lol:

Oh, if only it were that simple. ;)
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    slacker001 wrote:

Yes.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:

Asking a question like that around people that obviously have no compunction with being rude is just asking for trouble. :roll: Of course someone is going to say "yes, it does" and then you'll get offended.

Let them say yes. I'd love to hear the reason people are cheapskates just because they don't want to spend THEIR money on an online game. Last time I checked, this was a free game that offers in game purchases. Some people want these items, others don't. It doesn't make them cheapskates.
  • Aennilya
    636 posts
    edited February 2014
    slacker001 wrote:
    No, no, no, no. Haven't you been paying attention? It makes you a cheapskate cockroach. Sheesh. Try to keep up, will you?
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    People who play free, either don't have a lot of money, or have an impressive amount of patience. Or perhaps they have their own reasons. We all have personal reasons on how we play the game. Lumping all the freemium players in to one thing is silly.
  • edited February 2014
    Anyone know when level 39 and 40 will come out? And when the next update will come out??
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Aennilya wrote:
    slacker001 wrote:
    No, no, no, no. Haven't you been paying attention? It makes you a cheapskate cockroach. Sheesh. Try to keep up, will you?

Lol exactly.
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    Anyone know when level 39 and 40 will come out? And when the next update will come out??

Hopes are that we MIGHT see an update on Thurs 27th. Who knows, we may see nothing till Paddy's day.
  • SUM1HATED
    242 posts
    edited February 2014
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Because some of us are premium players and basically get slapped in the face by the things EA decides to give out.

This ^
    The donuts we buy are really expensive for what you get, so i expect EA to treat us more considering they are making a killing off the people that support this game.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    SUM1HATED wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    Because some of us are premium players and basically get slapped in the face by the things EA decides to give out.

This ^
    The donuts we buy are really expensive for what you get, so i expect EA to treat us more considering they are making a killing off the people that support this game.

Really expensive for what you get?! You get what you pay for! If you aren't happy with "what you get", why pay for it in the first place?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!