EA Forums - Banner

No Longer a House Farmer!

Prev1
Thats really cool! I have just over 100 brown houses in a corner of my Springfield in case I need some emergancy cash and am currently going through a redesign too. Good Luck

Replies

• direwolf987
    7465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I had a massive white house farm in one of my side towns. I kind of miss it. I always had something to do regardless of if there was an event going on or not. It was so large that I had to collect it half at a time, otherwise my game wouldn't load. I took it down so my friends could visit during Xmas and never put it up. Still have the 1000+ houses in my inventory. Not sure what I'm going to do with them.

I am now in the process of decorating the town now, which is a nice change of pace as well. Clean slate, all the non-premium buildings, and a millions of dollars. It's quite different then when I first decorated my main town.
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't house farm, obviously it gets you a lot of money, but I don't want to. I have 4 buildings left to build (Calmwood, Office of unemployment, Courthouse and grocery store. I have all unlocked so ready to buy). I have over 1 million but I am saving up to about 2 million before I buy them, and I also need more land (still buying that, got quite a lot left to buy). Hopefully I can do it soon. I don't want to rush the game, I am going at my own pace, and quite frankly house farms are ugly. Well done on achieving your goal of 170 donuts, but better for getting rid of your house farm! Good luck on the redesign, hope your Springfield looks good afterwards!
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited February 2014
    What I do to get money is make my characters do stuff for and hour and collected from them, rinse and repeat.
  • jwvfilms
    215 posts
    edited February 2014
    I house farmed when I was level 18-23 (somewhere there) but I didn't like. I couldn't last 6 months trying to get the mountain sign lol. hats off
  • cvf007
    1078 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm a freemium player as well and I also save donuts but I haven't house farmed. After reading this I think I should try this in my feeder town first before trying in my regular Springfield.

I have 99 donuts almost there to 100 or 102 (depending on which box I pixk) I really would like to save up for Professor Frink but I am debating if I should buy Brandine because she's a limited time character (valentines event)
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited February 2014
    cbecker13 wrote:
    I've been playing this game for a long time (have original duff racer, mayan stuff, apple store, etc) and somewhere along the line, I got frustrated at how slowly I would build up cash. Now, to be fair, I have never spent money on this game; I don't buy any donuts, so all of the premium items I've gotten have been from saving up donuts over the years. Even though I was the highest level available, it took me ages to get cash. At some point I decided to build a few houses. Then I built even more, and more, until I had about 750 blue houses. I farmed them to get enough cash to finally buy all the land. Then I farmed them to get enough cash to buy all the aspirational items. Finally, about 6 months ago, I decided to farm them to get donuts. Why? I had always wanted the Springfield sign. 170 donuts is a lot of donuts for someone who doesn't buy them, but I spent 6 months saving them up, 3 donuts at a time (or if a lucky mystery box gave me 30 woo hoo), until I finally got that one thing that I thought made my springfield look like a springfield. I'm glad to report that I have just recently reached my goal and purchased the Springfield Sign. Along the way, I ended up saving up about 20 mil in cash, so I decided it was time for the house farm to go. Its been such a joy selling all but 100 houses (which I stored) and seeing all that free land once again. Now, I move on to the next chapter in my springfield, a full redesign. About 6 months ago I got a little lazy with the new buildings and decor and now that I have the space and money for it, I'll hopefully soon have a brand new, spacious, well thought out town with only enough houses to keep my 5 star rating =)

I'll let you all know when my redesign is finished, but just wanted to share the good news!

Nice!

Ive been playing since day 1 and never ever farmed. At this moment in time i have every single thing you can do or buy in the game and have 30m saved

I only started buying donuts just over a year ago, i was freemium for a good while but i reckon the multiplier helped even tho it was at a measly 60% before last halloween update.
    Now its at 157% so the cash just keeps coming.
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    congratulations :D i was equally as excited when i had enough cash to put my house farm in storage.
  • missnewleaf
    210 posts
    edited February 2014
    Good job, OP! Have fun redesigning. :D
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    Enjoy the redesign, I've just bought the Springfield sign and whilst I don't house farm per see. I do have several of each kind. By accident it seems I must embark on a major redesign, something I was planning on doing anytime soon. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished product :D
  • kmendo88
    432 posts
    edited February 2014
    Used to have a 250 white house farm. Still have them in my inventory, but only because I never bothered selling them.

It served it's purpose. I probably wouldn't even be playing the game right now if I didn't start farming. Before I started, I would go weeks with little to no change to my town. This would be fine if I had a lot of stuff to decorate, but I was in the beginning stages and literally redesigning just to have something to do.

Now I actually have to stack houses up that I don't want out to keep indolence at 5 stars and my town steadily makes a a mil every few days without farming or putting characters on task.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Probably because of insecurity, but I don't see the day I will get rid of my houses. It would just not be the same without the cash coming in every day. :)

• drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Probably because of insecurity, but I don't see the day I will get rid of my houses. It would just not be the same without the cash coming in every day. :)

I feel kind of the same way. So I made my farms into little neighborhoods with roads and landscaping.
  • rpk333236
    224 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Awesome. In a mini sort of way that is my plan. Enjoy the redesign, in about a year (level 22 atm) I hope to do the same.
  • DrHouseFarm
    24 posts
    edited February 2014
    Get rid of the house farm?????

What are you nuts??!!!??!
  • RobbieGrs
    328 posts
    edited February 2014
    I never made use of housefarming !
    But I am a premium player so I guess that helped me getting me all my land !
    Still I only got the sunsphere yet! Saving for the other special buildings but if I'm redesigning some areas I blow my money without checking it haha ! :P
    Have fun redesigning !
  • wrkingrl509
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014

House farms are addictive! I sold mine once only to end up doing another one when I bought more land. Hard to say no to free Xp.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've never house farmed, i've had a few houses scattered about thats for sure but never gone crazy lol I've been playing since day dog and being i have every single item in the game Prem & not, you tend to reach a point where the money just keeps rolling in easy, i am almost at 100million now :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • DrHouseFarm
    24 posts
    edited February 2014

House farms are addictive! I sold mine once only to end up doing another one when I bought more land. Hard to say no to free Xp.

house farms are dope as hell. I love mine and I won't get rid of it no matter how many times all the people * at me for it. I enjoy it and once I am done buying all the land and have a bunch of stuff I will make a Springfield worth of such. Until then I like tapping my sea of blue houses and seeing all the money stack up. I have gotten 6 of my friends to play and they enjoy it too. Almost a competition of house farming money. LOL. Add me i'll send you my SN in PM.
  • wrkingrl509
    77 posts Member
    edited February 2014

house farms are dope as hell. I love mine and I won't get rid of it no matter how many times all the people * at me for it. I enjoy it and once I am done buying all the land and have a bunch of stuff I will make a Springfield worth of such. Until then I like tapping my sea of blue houses and seeing all the money stack up. I have gotten 6 of my friends to play and they enjoy it too. Almost a competition of house farming money. LOL. Add me i'll send you my SN in PM.

Thanks new neighbor!
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Finally got rid of the farm, left myself a small subdivision of all the houses.....
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!