EA Forums - Banner

Tapping spraycans not appreciated?

Prev1
JcSnl wrote:
I started playing about 2 months ago. When I visit neighbours I want to help them out. I always tap their spraycans if they had them, because I thought I was giving them an opportunity to earn righteousness points and it is something they cannot trigger/tap themselves. After finding out about stackables, I search for them first and after that tap (if there are still taps available) the spraycans. However, I have read several posts of people complaining about people tapping the spraycans in their towns. Am I wrong in my assumption that I am offering an opportunity to earn righteousness points? If tapping spraycans is frowned upon, I won't tap them anymore.

Tapping spraycans, or better said: putting grafitti on buildings, bring down the righteouseness rating.
Tapping mops helps it in a positive way.

Replies

• JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited February 2014
    Weird...if uou don't tap spraycans, there won't be any mops to tap on. Oh well, I'll just leave the spraycans alone then. Don't want to influence people's righteousness rating in a bad way.
  • jankrohn
    197 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    Tapping spraycans, or better said: putting grafitti on buildings, bring down the righteouseness rating.

Are you sure? I've never noticed any decrease in righteousness when spraying neighbours' building or when being sprayed. I do notice increase when mopping my buildings though, and always appreciate some good mopping after falling into a random righteousness hole.

As for which buildings to tap, I first look for stacks, then for buildings with medium payout to reset the timer, like 4 or 8 hours, which have a good payout as well as a good chance for the owner to log back in and tap them before they reset again.

If both is not there, then I tap the spray cans. Still better than tapping nothing or the brown house, Krusty burger etc.
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    If I catch that "El Barto" ill to you what.... Go and Justin Bieber your own town lol
  • mdawny
    325 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    JcSnl wrote:
    I started playing about 2 months ago. When I visit neighbours I want to help them out. I always tap their spraycans if they had them, because I thought I was giving them an opportunity to earn righteousness points and it is something they cannot trigger/tap themselves. After finding out about stackables, I search for them first and after that tap (if there are still taps available) the spraycans. However, I have read several posts of people complaining about people tapping the spraycans in their towns. Am I wrong in my assumption that I am offering an opportunity to earn righteousness points? If tapping spraycans is frowned upon, I won't tap them anymore.

Okay, now I thought it was just the opposite. I remember reading that you tap the cans so they can clean it up.
  • DarkSamus75
    441 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    JcSnl wrote:

^This.
    I countered the effect of people tapping my cans by hiding training walls behind buildings and I avoid tapping anyone's can when in there town.
    So all in all, It's really not nice to touch someones can without permission.
  • irishma619148
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    anyone wants to spray my buildings is welcome but righteousness is not reflected immediately. you can go quite a while before it drops.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Or you could hide training walls all throughout your town and let your neighbors spray at will (and let Bob run freeeeee)!
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JcSnl wrote:
    You were not wrong. It says right in the game to clear graffiti and catch criminals to raise righteousness, so I don't know where people are getting the idea that having graffiti to clean up in their towns is a bad thing. My rating is solid as a rock, but I still like the graffiti for various reasons. You sound to me like a very good neighbor.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    you are the one visiting tap whatever you want
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    you are the one visiting tap whatever you want

Yep! I'm just happy for visitors when we're not in an event, tap whatever you want......
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • missnewleaf
    210 posts
    edited February 2014
    I don't care what my neighbors tap either. I'm just happy to see them visiting.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    Spray can tapping is good. Gives the person a chance to help their rating. I've played from the beginning and never noticed it lowered & love when people do it so I can mop it up & help my rating.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    JcSnl wrote:

^This.
    I countered the effect of people tapping my cans by hiding training walls behind buildings and I avoid tapping anyone's can when in there town.
    So all in all, It's really not nice to touch someones can without permission.

Permission? That's just weird & you're hurting yourself
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    Hey I'm just glad people are visiting, I've only just realised that people prefer SSB running free. I don't mind if I get vandalism, just means more for me to do in town :lol:
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    You were not wrong. It says right in the game to clear graffiti and catch criminals to raise righteousness, so I don't know where people are getting the idea that having graffiti to clean up in their towns is a bad thing. My rating is solid as a rock, but I still like the graffiti for various reasons. You sound to me like a very good neighbor.
    Thank you!

Also thanks to everyone else for their answers. I guess there are people who mind and people who do not. I personally like the opportunity to clean graffiti. I
  • wilki1999
    3974 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I always tap spray cans
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm more than happy to clean up graffiti in my town, better than nothing at all :)
  • CamelRama
    171 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It's an in-game option, but I'd rather have to deal with the clean up, single tap that it is. It does bear repeating however that training walls negate the effect, plus I love having Bob as a permanent guest. :D
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I too have always thought I was doing a favor when tapping spray cans since those buildings get you nothing otherwise. I only realized after I got into this forum that it might be an issue with some.

I used to also have problems with my righteousness dropping every so often seemingly randomly, and thought it might be because of graffiti, but ever since I built up a bunch of training walls, as has been suggested, the random drop offs seemed to have stopped.

BTW, I believe the issue with righteousness was not actually graffiti related, but continued 'criminal activity' by several of my residents (Fat Tony, Legs, and Louie). I read elsewhere that if you continue to send those guys on criminal tasks without serving any time, that you might eventually take a hit in righteousness. I have also heard sideshow bob affects this.

Sorry, did not mean to stray too far off topic...
  • spreadpanic4
    59 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't really mind if people tag my buildings. I go in frequently enough to clean it off, and I don't think it hurts you if you clean it within a short enough amount of time. Occasionally, my rating drops down, and I usually find that going into a neighbor's town and spray painting something, then going to another neighbor and spray paint something, then go back to town 1 and clean your graffiti and do the same in town 2 tends to bring the rating back up pretty quickly. Unfortunately, sometimes events make this strategy tricky.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!