EA Forums - Banner

Keep up the house decorating quest progression?

I don't think you have to do them all, for me they keep going due to the types of buildings i have. I stopped at 6 but still got the prompt for the Mapple store. But wonder what triggers the others ... Searching the forum. ;)

Replies

• tdh425
    40 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have about 4 decorations and just got a quest to build the mapple store. 150 coins for that
  • BDIHP
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    I was wondering this too. I decorated Simpsons, Van Houten, Flanders, the Pink and Brown houses. Now I got the quest for the Maple store and want that so don't want to spend anymore on the other houses, and I too, want Santa's Little Helper. I have enough decorated so my friends will have no trouble getting coins.

So I was wondering if I had to do them all? I'm tempted not to, at least not until I get my dog. :)

(I have greyhounds in real life - we almost named one Santa's Little Helper. :) )
  • bridey3000
    3 posts
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for replies.

I have greyhounds in real life too! Since that is just too awesome, im Sending a neighbor request from bncagney :)
  • Pchorsedoc
    323 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Love that dog! My first dog looked just like him!
  • thejudd67
    395 posts
    edited December 2012
    I would keep decorating. It's a long climb to Santa's Little Helper and if a decorated house pays 5 coins a day and you get 10 coins for decorating each one then in eight days you've already earned your coins back and you're turning a profit. Plus more decorations makes you a better citizen by giving your neighbors a greater chance to collect off you the same way you're collecting coins off them. At least that's my way of thinking; I've got everything but the Krabappel apartment decorated and I'll move onto the Mapple Store once it's done.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    It doesn't seem like you need it for progression, but they're pretty and they haven't impeded my progress so far. Just got my 11th house decorated and Mapple's is currently building. Between friends and tasks, I've managed to stay on par with coin quests so far, and, as others have mentioned, it's an uphill climb to the expensive ones, so the more payout you have in the long run will probably really help.
  • bballwalli
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    caprici424 wrote:
    It doesn't seem like you need it for progression, but they're pretty and they haven't impeded my progress so far. Just got my 11th house decorated and Mapple's is currently building. Between friends and tasks, I've managed to stay on par with coin quests so far, and, as others have mentioned, it's an uphill climb to the expensive ones, so the more payout you have in the long run will probably really help.

Same here, believe I have 10 but I don't have the muntz house since I'm just now about to get that quest. Regardless it's a good idea to decorate them.
  • caesarscott
    82 posts
    edited December 2012
    it just keeps going til you get it all decorated. all the "color" houses plus simpson, flanders, van houten, muntz, cletus, frink, krabappel, volcano. might have left something else out.
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited December 2012
    it keeps going... 4/5, 5/6, 6/7(where am at). Im guessing it wont end until u have all the houses decorated...

its nice though, getting 10 coins for each progression... technically the houses are 40 a piece...
  • Burnin_TODI
    1552 posts
    edited December 2012
    My thoughts are: the quicker and earlier you get them (all, if you can), the more return on your investment. Coins are flying in now that I have decorated them all.
  • adruralo
    3292 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I've progressed to number 12/13. With zero coins left.
    I think you have done more than well to decorate when you get this far.
    So if Mapple store or any others requiring coins are begging, then go for them.
    iPad Air M1 2022: iPhone 13 Blue.
  • cfcbesto
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I'm on 6/7 and no Mapple store yet... I don't even know how to get it.
  • dromtsul
    1169 posts
    edited December 2012
    CFCBESTO wrote:
    I'm on 6/7 and no Mapple store yet... I don't even know how to get it.
    Ongoing XMAS challenges/sequences.....
    1. Flanders and Kids Snow Mobile (10 Hours)
    2. Homer and Lisa pretend ski (10 Hours)
    3. Homer build snowman (16 hours), Lisa make snow angel (5 hours) (keep Lisa free as Homer finishes)
    4. Lisa prompts building of Mapple Store. (needs 150 coins first)
  • slinky_white
    10 posts
    edited December 2012
    Made the mistake when looking at a decorated house (to see when it was due to give out coins) by accidentally flipping it back to undecorated version instead of exiting out. It reset time back to 24 hours. DOH!!! *cries*
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I almost made the same accident, if you flip it back before exiting out then it doesn't go into play. Luckily I had read on here to be careful with that and caught myself before I reset the clock.

As far as house decorations go, I am decorating (on 8/9) till a building comes available, then I save up for that one and go back to decorating. Waiting for the Mapple store to finishing building. I have 80+ friends now so I figure that I can easily recoup my coins daily.

I want those facades, I plan on leaving some up after Christmas because you know every neighborhood has THOSE neighbors who never take their stuff down even though Easter has come and gone.

Also Fink's Lab and the Lair (big, obnoxious, pink mountain) look rather awesome decorated. My son has the lab and I've got the lair.
  • lyonsek
    103 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've managed to decorate everything available and there does not appear to be any additional advantage other than added coin generation and the fact that the town looks like it has the Christmas spirit which was the point for me.

Hohoho
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Interesting in that when you add new houses they dont come decorated. That is, if all your blue houses are decorated and you build a new one, it comes undecorated...
    I wish they had a night time version... All the twinkly lights to hypnotize. :shock:
    Is there anyone out there?
  • cupcake9876
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    I decorated around 6 and once Homer I believe finished making a snowman, I got the quest to build the Mapple Store. I don't think it matters to progress towards getting the other buildings. I think its sort of a side quest for the Christmas theme.
  • caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    battyguy wrote:
    I wish they had a night time version... All the twinkly lights to hypnotize. :shock:

THIS! I would love a night version to see all the lights better...that's actually my favorite part of Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.