EA Forums - Banner

So Bored with you EA!

I've been playing for two years and I ain't even close to not checking it for a day. I think EA are just warming us up for a new bigger and better update.

Replies

• brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've been playing for two years and I ain't even close to not checking it for a day.

Same here :lol:
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    This reminds me of the MMO lifecycle. The endgame doesn't balance out the leveling experience for some players.
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    i think the game moves too quickly at the beginning

it only take a few months to get all the levels done and have all the characters....then what?

the level ups and new characters and buildings happen twice as fast as there is to even buy land to put the stuff...or take the time to decorate
  • kylstrk
    423 posts
    edited February 2014
    Now that I own all the (freemium) buildings in the game, I bought a 3DS and Pokemon Y to hold me over between updates and events. I still play TSTO 2-3x a day to collect and save $$
  • stevie1der99
    17 posts
    edited February 2014
    I joined the game late, a little before the July 4 event. One of the things that surprised me a bit was how the later levels all get started at the same time. I often had three level up quests going at once. You get used to that flurry of activity and once you're done a single new level here and there doesn't compare. I think streamlining the levels so they only come at a time would be nice, but I imagine EA wants everyone to max out sooner rather than later to encourage donuts.
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I agree with you on the valentines update. I thought it sucked.. I really only play it daily, visit towns etc when it gets around fall and the Halloween update is out. I loveee the Halloween updates :mrgreen:
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Even though I am not bored with this game, I can see what you mean. This update was kinda a let down. It was short, boring, and worst of all they brought back the damn wheel. I don't care about the odds increase, it still sucks! After the Christmas event I'll never like the wheel. The level updates have become way too spread out too. I liked it when they had an update every two weeks like they did before the Halloween event. I hope it goes back to that after this event.

On a side note, I think it would be cool if they had level updates with event updates, even if they were small level updates, just to make people feel like they are moving on in the game. Seeing the same level for a month gets tiresome for me.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I've been playing a second town since Christmas. It's been enjoyable to get a clean slate and re-read all the dialogue. I didn't do this out of boredom, but rather lack of motivation to re-design the main town (which I'm still avoiding). I understand where you're coming from, but this game is more than level ups and events for me; the struggle to have that "perfect" Springfield (i.e. design). I'll always have something to do because my town can always look nicer and, to me, that's just as important as new content. I won't be satisfied until every last tree, flower, lamp post, etc has been properly placed and that day is nowhere near.
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • LillyLove13
    75 posts
    edited February 2014
    Agree with you I've been playing since Xmas 2012 but starting to get a bit bored now!
  • idmtrs
    31 posts
    edited February 2014
    I've been playing a second town since Christmas. It's been enjoyable to get a clean slate and re-read all the dialogue. I didn't do this out of boredom, but rather lack of motivation to re-design the main town (which I'm still avoiding). I understand where you're coming from, but this game is more than level ups and events for me; the struggle to have that "perfect" Springfield (i.e. design). I'll always have something to do because my town can always look nicer and, to me, that's just as important as new content. I won't be satisfied until every last tree, flower, lamp post, etc has been properly placed and that day is nowhere near.

I totally agree. I have reached level 38 for a while now but I have a lot of buildings to get. The reason is that I want to follow a certain design for my town that I have in my mind.

This way the game feels more challenging and rewarding when you achieve your goals!
  • HWick_Bluenose
    882 posts
    edited February 2014
    The other thing is that after a while, with a reasonable multiplier, there is either too little to spend the in-game $ on or the content is too cheap. I have just cracked the $10m barrier, have everything decorated as I want and have all the land. If I visit twice a day I pick up maybe $125,000. There is no challenge compared to how hard it was to gather the $ at the start. I've only been playing for just over a year but it is becoming a little too repetitive.

• theslayer369
    2009 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I love playing this game and play daily. The only thing I would say against it is I think the events go on far to long.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    I love playing this game and play daily. The only thing I would say against it is I think the events go on far to long.

I'm the same but I disagree about the events I only feel this way about this event but that's because I finished it the first week
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!