EA Forums - Banner

Game freezes for 30+seconds when I tap on pavement or road

Prev1
What device are you playing on? I'm on a Galaxy S4, and I only notice a lag of two to three seconds, at most.

Replies

• arwalker2286
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm getting some of that too, to the tune of ten seconds or so.
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I started to notice a lag (2-3 seconds) when playing on the iPhone after I bought all the land. I didn't have any lag prior. I thought things would get better when I started using the Kindle; it got much worse. Maybe not 30 seconds but damned if it doesn't feel that long. Happens when tapping pavement, road, and boardwalk tiles as well as when I click to place them.

I was really looking forward to a redesign with the bigger screen, but that would drive me bonkers when designing. Mainly why my town hasn't changed much since before Christmas.
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • AARONRTD
    1805 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    For a couple weeks now (I think it started when I installed the V-Day update), every single time I place, remove, or tap on a road or pavement, the game will freeze for a period of 30seconds to 1 minute, whenever I click on the checkmark to confirm or the X to cancel (especially annoying when I go to move a decoration or building and the game decides I clicked on pavement/road underneath/beside it instead.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Is that all, lucky you. It was taking me 10-20 min after x-mass update now it's down to 1-5 min. Never had the problem before just after the update. I'm on iPad 4
  • VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited February 2014
    There was a thread a couple of weeks ago. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9966634.page

I never timed how long the delay is because I just throw my phone down when it happens, but it feels like it's around 30 seconds. The device shouldn't be the primary problem. I ran a field test with 2 towns on 2 devices. One town had no delay on either device and my bigger town had a delay on both. It might have something to do with how big and how much stuff is in the town. In any event, it has made remodeling my town nearly impossible. Hopefully they are working on a fix.
  • RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    There was a thread a couple of weeks ago. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9966634.page

I never timed how long the delay is because I just throw my phone down when it happens, but it feels like it's around 30 seconds. The device shouldn't be the primary problem. I ran a field test with 2 towns on 2 devices. One town had no delay on either device and my bigger town had a delay on both. It might have something to do with how big and how much stuff is in the town. In any event, it has made remodeling my town nearly impossible. Hopefully they are working on a fix.

Thanks for posting that thread. Good to know its not just my town, hopefully it gets fixed when they update after V-day. I also have the layering issue that was mentioned in that thread (as well as some characters standing still after I remove them from a task)
  • AARONRTD
    1805 posts Member
    edited February 2014

+1
    When loading, visiting, moving land or buildings I thought I was frozen but found out it was just taking forever.
    But my town hadn't changed, just got the x-mass update and hasn't been the same ever since.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11576 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    crashes yes
    lag on building no.
    s.galaxy s2plus
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • 00-marco_rosas
    656 posts
    edited February 2014
    Try getting rid of water. After I got rid of 80% of the lakes in my town, the lag is only several seconds now.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I would suggest cutting back on decorations if you are over the recommended 4500 limit.

I have a few too many decorations and everytime I tap on road or pavement during moving I have to wait a ridiculously long time. This is the same for my second town, when I first started building and decorating there was no lag, since it has been completed and has too many decorations, I have to wait quite a while.

• RyderMike319
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't have that many decorations. I've never gotten a warning, and I still only have half the land (no premiums either). Still waiting quite a bit of time on the pavement and roads, nothing more than a second or two on buildings or other decorations
  • AARONRTD
    1805 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I wasn't at my limit had no problem till the update, then I removed a lot of buildings and decorations and still had the same problems. Nothing changed in my town or on my iPad. The fact is that only my main town was affected by the update, and it hasn't been the same.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    There's always been lag during updates. I think how long of a lag it is...is determined by many factors including your device, how many decorations you have and even what server your town happens to be saved on at EA. During updates the best thing you can do is cut back on decorations. It's kinda the only thing in your power to do and you're most likely gonna be collecting new decorations anyway.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It's more like 5 seconds, but yeah I noticed this as well. Bit aggravating, especially when I'm trying to tap some tiny decoration and it selects pavement instead. (No, I've never gotten a warning about the amount of stuff in my town, and I don't own all the land.)
    Doesn't seem to lag when I'm placing it, though, only when I select and then hit the little X button.
  • cara252
    199 posts
    edited February 2014
    Strange...
    I have this lag when I use my Galaxy S3 but not when I use my iPhone 4S. So I thought it had to be a devise issue. But apparently not! Well, it's annoying, whatever it is.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I bet this is lag due to your device not being able to handle character tasks. I get the same problem on my Galaxy S3, but everything works fine on my Ipad.

Certain tasks seem to be worse than others. McBain's fight climactic battle is definitely problematic. I suspect Burns' walk the hounds, Arnie's helicopter tasks, Hank Scorpio's flamethrower task, and tasks that require characters to walk off road (e.g., certain Eddie and Lou tasks) are also problematic. The worst was the hunt for the Simpsons task from Christmas -- offroad x 70.

To test it, wait until all of your characters are off task, then try selecting pavement -- it shouldn't lag.

The hard part is finding out which tasks to nix.
  • FluffikinJ
    4 posts
    edited February 2014
    I was experiencing delays of 10+ seconds which started a couple of weeks ago after selecting road, pavement or water.

I did a bit of redesigning a couple of days ago - Had a river running through my Springfield with a road alongside it with water under the road to the give a bridge/promenade effect. Decided did not like so changed to having a road only and the now the delay I get is down to 1-2 seconds. I still have some bridges over river which could be causing this delay.

So just to clarify, reducing the amount of squares I had of water & road to road only appears to have reduced my delay...
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    I bet this is lag due to your device not being able to handle character tasks. I get the same problem on my Galaxy S3, but everything works fine on my Ipad.
    Wouldn't that make everything lag, though? Seems weird that it's confined to (de)selecting pavement, roads, or water.
    I don't even have the premium tasks you mentioned, and don't tend to use the others since I find it easiest to just set 24 hour tasks.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Yup. Same here. Takes more then a minute most of the time.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited February 2014
    I noticed this ages ago, and it started happening the moment the Valentimes update was released, i'm hoping that it will be resolved when Valentines update is over here in the UK
  • Jedihntr
    828 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm on a Galaxy S4 and mine has been doing this too. It's truly frustrating when you're trying to redesign.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.