EA Forums - Banner

No post-valentines update?

No new update on android yet

Replies

• alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited February 2014
    Apple typically gets it first, but Android users are usually not that far behind. I am an apple tapper and I just checked the App Store and as of 9:58AM est, there is no update. But give it time, it will come soon enough. Wether it be today or tomorrow. If I recall, the update after the Xmas event came a few days after the event ended.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I guess EA is delaying the update to iron out a few bugs or their asleep at the switch (It's probably the latter) I'm keeping most of my characters free on the off chance there's a level/event update today.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    This sometimes happens, where an event runs over. I guess it gives a little bit of hope to any stragglers that haven't cleared the wheel yet, it ain't over 'til it's over.

But, yeah, I just want level 39 now.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    At this moment it's 7 am at EA's headquarters. I don't know if that matters or anything. You wouldn't think someone physically switches on and off updates, but you never know.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    At this moment it's 7 am at EA's headquarters. I don't know if that matters or anything. You wouldn't think someone physically switches on and off updates, but you never know.

I think someone does switch it on. A lot of people think that 'these days, everything is electronic, it should happen instantly', but sometimes it's just not that simple.
  • simpsons2424
    16 posts
    edited February 2014
    In Australia I usually get the update at ten in the morning Australian time

I didnt get the wheel finished till about a week ago but I have to agree

I can wait till all the hearts are gone and we can get down to the real business of new

Up dates :D
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    alexeliz3 wrote:
    Apple typically gets it first, but Android users are usually not that far behind. I am an apple tapper and I just checked the App Store and as of 9:58AM est, there is no update. But give it time, it will come soon enough. Wether it be today or tomorrow. If I recall, the update after the Xmas event came a few days after the event ended.

Well yea we got the level update 2 days after but we should get one to remove the valentines day stuff today
  • Surfcitygal
    1268 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm on PST and many times updates have changed about noon here, especially for weekend episode tie-ins
  • 0-RedDler-0
    10 posts
    edited February 2014
    Thanks to everyone for your answers) I am very much hoping to see the hearts gone soon. I don't understand the point of having the counter if the event just goes on after like it wasn't even there. Have ea not heard about deadlines?.. Frustrating.
  • sonicwench03
    80 posts
    edited February 2014
    Usually get splash screen changes around noon or so at least that's when I get them(CST) and usually get the other small updates at around 3am. So guessing it will be about noon this time to end the event.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    Yea we didn't get the valentines update til sometime in the afternoon
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks to everyone for your answers) I am very much hoping to see the hearts gone soon. I don't understand the point of having the counter if the event just goes on after like it wasn't even there. Have ea not heard about deadlines?.. Frustrating.

Agree! I'm visualizing the team at NASA, sitting at the consoles, rocket on launch pad, jets fired up, that one guy doing the countdown going something like:

Ten ... Nine ... Eight ... Seven ... Six ... Hey, anyone ever see that movie whatsitcalled, the one with DeVito and that guy ... Ummm ... You know that governor of, like, California? Now where was I? Was I at four yet?

(Choruses of "Five! You were at five! And it was 'Twins', moron!" )

USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • sandwedgeking
    2630 posts Member
    edited February 2014

Agree! I'm visualizing the team at NASA, sitting at the consoles, rocket on launch pad, jets fired up, that one guy doing the countdown going something like:

Ten ... Nine ... Eight ... Seven ... Six ... Hey, anyone ever see that movie whatsitcalled, the one with DeVito and that guy ... Ummm ... You know that governor of, like, California? Now where was I? Was I at four yet?

(Choruses of "Five! You were at five! And it was 'Twins', moron!" )
    ^^^^^Reminds me of this:
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • blackgryphon9999
    685 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

I think someone does switch it on. A lot of people think that 'these days, everything is electronic, it should happen instantly', but sometimes it's just not that simple.

There are two kinds of updates: those that a pushed from an EA server and those that come through the app stores. EA has control over the timing of the former, but not of the latter. It all depends on when the update is "approved" for distribution by Apple or Google, and that time can vary a lot, depending on how many update approvals are pending.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't mind much if it means I can get another rose bush or two.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.