EA Forums - Banner

Update!!!

Replies

• maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    I read through all this & maybe I missed it. But I'm getting random FP from my own sf. I just got 4. What am I missing?
    I got 1 from clearing graffiti off of the town hall

You can get FP from buildings that your friends tap in your town as well! :-D
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited February 2014
    There is a limit to FP you can earn in a day... Don't like that...
  • lifeconstr435
    4 posts
    edited February 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Btw the marge romantic stroll is permanent task

That makes me so happy to hear. Unfortunately I still can't get the update. Tried loading via GooglePlay as well through the game. On an s3 running Android 4.3...

Restart your Device i had to do this for it to show up. also you can go into application manager under settings find Google play store and clear the cache. then open the app again and it should show up.

Perfect. That worked. May the friend tapping begin!
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

I do. It keep people from "Friend Farming", which I think is incredibly rude to begin with.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

I do. It keep people from "Friend Farming", which I think is incredibly rude to begin with.

Yep, I agree
  • jusesp3914672
    57 posts
    edited February 2014
    Kindle update is live!
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

I agree 100%

I think it's a great thing EA have brought in to stop friend farming, which basically is cheating to advance your way through a game, get more snakes/ghost/cards/presents etc. This way, it maintains a fair playing field for everyone, new and old alike. Some nice moves being made by EA at the moment :D
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

....what is friend farming? Not sure I heard that before
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

When you add several friends, collect from them and then un-friend them only to add new friends and repeat the cycle. It's pretty sleazy in my opinion .
  • LtType77
    642 posts
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

I can understand that if it ended at 100friends but it does not. Ends about the same time it did with valentines day which means people with low alphabet letters get priority.
  • jwvfilms
    215 posts
    edited February 2014
    Well we all add friends to gain, we have our family members if they play and some forum members we communicate with, but most of my friends list is from advertising in the friend section.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited February 2014
    Kindle update is live!
    I still don't have it
    I've deleted and reinstalled the game
    I've restarted my device
    I've logged out and then in again
    I've checked app store
    and still no update
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited February 2014
    LtType77 wrote:

When you add several friends, collect from them and then un-friend them only to add new friends and repeat the cycle. It's pretty sleazy in my opinion .

Ahhh---didn't know that had a term. I agree that it's kind of like cheating and not the "purpose" of having friends
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    Looks like I need to add in some extra houses for friends to click on, since they will all be visiting :) liking this update.
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    subii42 wrote:
    Ive managed to get 429 Friendship points with 1 action left !

Is this the same for everyone??

Id already visiting 10-15 friends before the update!

I'm only at 25pts, that's because I'd foolishly visited most of my neighbours this morning :oops: Totally forgot an update would be coming through. Never mind it'll just take me a little longer to get those all important Frinks Points (I love the initial dialogue between Frink & Homer!). Now that we can get snowball II, we just need crazy cat lady :lol:
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited February 2014
    fluffling wrote:
    Kindle update is live!
    I still don't have it
    I've restarted my device
    I've checked app store
    and still no update

There's no Kindle update for me either. I'm sure it won't be much longer!

Although I am in the UK. I wonder if we have to wait a little longer?
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    LtType77 wrote:

I agree 100%

I think it's a great thing EA have brought in to stop friend farming, which basically is cheating to advance your way through a game, get more snakes/ghost/cards/presents etc. This way, it maintains a fair playing field for everyone, new and old alike. Some nice moves being made by EA at the moment :D

+1 :thumbup: from me too, Friend Farming is just wrong 8)
  • IndigoUnicorn
    62 posts
    edited February 2014
    Azziebelle wrote:
    fluffling wrote:
    Kindle update is live!
    I still don't have it
    I've restarted my device
    I've checked app store
    and still no update

I'm on Kindle and am downloading the update now. It wont be on your "App Updates"...... you have to delete it from your device, and then redownload it from the store. You can see the picture of the app in the store has changed from the valentines day image to the regular one. I think it's a complete pain in the bottom to do it this way as I now am waiting for 152 "updates" to download, but it's the only way :(
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited February 2014
    Azziebelle wrote:

I'm on Kindle and am downloading the update now. It wont be on your "App Updates"...... you have to delete it from your device, and then redownload it from the store. You can see the picture of the app in the store has changed from the valentines day image to the regular one. I think it's a complete pain in the bottom to do it this way as I now am waiting for 152 "updates" to download, but it's the only way :(

Thank you! Removed and downloading it again as we speak :)

I only started playing during the Valentines Update, I never even knew there was a different picture!
  • wildminion
    552 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Smurf1972 wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    LtType77 wrote:

I agree 100%

+1 :thumbup: from me too, Friend Farming is just wrong 8)

I totally agree - friend farming is wimply wrong! That said, I do 'unfriend and replace' people who dont keep active. V-day made this pretty obvious as there were some friends I'd visit multple days in a row.....and couldn't tap on any of their characters - cos they'd all been tapped already and the player had not been on to reset them.

In that case, I think it fair enough to unfriend and replace.

I wonder if we'll see similar things with this update? Will buildings we tap on be available to other players or does the owner need to be active enough to keep them clear for everyne to keep tapping on?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.