EA Forums - Banner

TERRIBLE update.

Replies

• alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    alexeliz3 wrote:
    Serious question, Josh...I was wondering if there was an event/update in the past that you thoroughly enjoyed? I apologize if this comes off as rude, because that isn't my intention. I'm genuinely curious.

Kamp Krusty had a funny story to it. They weren't being lazy with that one. It's a shame it's such a rarity. I also liked the movie set but hated that it cost so much money because they force you to get a crappy skin with it.

I actually have been thinking about getting Kamp Krusty for my next big purchase. Not in any rush right now though since it's not limited time and I am still in the middle of a few quests.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    beeson1987 wrote:
    Quit whining josh. Is it because you have no friends to visit lol.
    Good update imo. Thanks ea.

People send me invited by the hundreds. It's because I'm a celebrity. After a while being a celebrity becomes hard work. It's like signing hundreds of autographs.

Hahaha, so awesome, please add me celebrity josh!

I guess you missed the PM I sent you a little bit earlier? Anyway yes, later on I will.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    alexeliz3 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    alexeliz3 wrote:
    Serious question, Josh...I was wondering if there was an event/update in the past that you thoroughly enjoyed? I apologize if this comes off as rude, because that isn't my intention. I'm genuinely curious.

Kamp Krusty had a funny story to it. They weren't being lazy with that one. It's a shame it's such a rarity. I also liked the movie set but hated that it cost so much money because they force you to get a crappy skin with it.

I actually have been thinking about getting Kamp Krusty for my next big purchase. Not in any rush right now though since it's not limited time and I am still in the middle of a few quests.

You can tell they spent actual time writing a funny story and giving Bart funny tasks (he shoots arrows wildly into Springfield just to cause chaos). If only EA put that much thought into all of their updates...
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    alexeliz3 wrote:

how could you forget your mentioning in-game :wink::lol:

They spelled my name wrong and took way too long to mentioned someone as great as me (though I knew I'd be mentioned eventually since...well...look at me...I'm great).
    bahaha, easy mistake to make :lol: but we all knew it was you :lol:
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    How can you people defend EA forcing us to visit 100 neighbors a day, especially with the load times.

I visited about 20 to 30 today and got 500 FP...
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    It never ceases to amaze me how many people blindly defend this game and it's subpar updates. I demand more updates of Kamp Krusty quality!
  • Annathewicked
    4713 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    All your complaints about updates end the same way~~ ie; I spent a bunch of donuts I didn't have to to speed up everything, now there's nothing left for me to do.....
    Stop speeding things up- then you have stuff to do
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited February 2014
    Ok I'll bite. I just posted this on another thread but I'll put it here as well

I think it's terrible.
    Why??? It's a cheap lazy way of giving content without any thought or imagination.
    Secondly Fix the servers!!! I've just given up visiting neighbours as it is taking ages to load and keeps crashing. How am I meant to even consider visiting 100/day???
    Thirdly why reduce the amount as you progress through your neighbours? My username begins with m... Tats basically int he middle. Assuming people only visit 10/day to get 300 then I won't get visited. Noone will have the additional time to swipe all through to me to visit.

I hope to be proved wrong... But I can't see it. I know it's a social game but making us visit neighbours is a really lazy way of giving us things to do in game. Also the patronising 'cannot connect to server' screen :evil:

*this is coming from a player that likes everything
    They prizes look good and are what people want. It's the concept I hate
  • jjnag1971
    211 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Man, I have always respected your opinion and I am not saying anything otherwise.

I know the prizes might seem lame to some, and I know that the first one isn't going to do anything but sit there, but I would wrestle a yeti to get senor Xtapolapocetl.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    I agree with mpwarner about fixing the servers. Or whatever the technology issue is. Fortunately, so far, no crazy crashing issues with this update. However, I have noticed that going from town to town is slower than usual and my third tap in any town lags. It always makes me feel like it's about to crash and I worry that once everyone gets the update and really starts visiting, there may be issues. I hope not.

As far as laziness in the game developers part, I don't see it. Who says there has to be a level update for the game to be fun. It's not lazy it's just another aspect of the game to keep people interested. I think it's reminiscent of the community prizes, which I thought really added to the game play. As always, if you don't like it, you can still play the game without tapping neighbors. Or just go at your own pace, only taps as many as you care to and eventually, you'll get everything. No worries.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mbemom wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    beeson1987 wrote:
    Quit whining josh. Is it because you have no friends to visit lol.
    Good update imo. Thanks ea.

People send me invited by the hundreds. It's because I'm a celebrity. After a while being a celebrity becomes hard work. It's like signing hundreds of autographs.

Hahaha, so awesome, please add me celebrity josh!

I guess you missed the PM I sent you a little bit earlier? Anyway yes, later on I will.

Got my friend request to work, you should have one from me now.

Thanks
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    I just have to say, I am really starting to enjoy reading your posts, Josh. I smile every time. For real, no sarcasm intended. :)
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    How can you people defend EA forcing us to visit 100 neighbors a day, especially with the load times.

Just visited 100 friends within ten minutes. Loading time varies between 1-3 seconds. Maybe change your internet provider.

Also: not a single crash!
  • glenjamin8
    144 posts
    edited February 2014
    You opt to spend money on donuts to speed up the prizes to show EA how pissed you are. Yea I'm sure EA will be crying all the way to the bank.

Idiot.
  • whort528
    43 posts
    edited February 2014
    Wijsheid wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

Just visited 100 friends within ten minutes. Loading time varies between 1-3 seconds. Maybe change your internet provider.

Also: not a single crash!

i side with Josh on this - EA could try and improve the load times.
    (to be fair - they did to a certain degree help it
    with the 'arrows' to go directly to the next neighbor)
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited February 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Joke's on you, EA. I refuse to visit. Instead, I rushed everything with donuts.

Translation: "I hate you so much. Here, have more of my money. Sucker."

:thumbup:

"Fools! I'll show them! I'll show them all! I'll spend even MORE money on their game!"
    -Josh Shearer

All of his complaints this time are purely subjective so I won't take him to the woodshed yet again on being objectively wrong.

Josh is lowering the bar for EA so badly. If he keeps complaining about how terrible the game is and keeps spending money on it regardless EA has little incentive left!

"Hey! This dude despises everything we do but still rings up the VISA for each update! Why even bother trying?"

• jayjaykay00
    242 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I think you take your "anti-hero" role a bit too seriously there josh.
  • jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

Translation: "I hate you so much. Here, have more of my money. Sucker."

:thumbup:

"Fools! I'll show them! I'll show them all! I'll spend even MORE money on their game!"
    -Josh Shearer

All of his complaints this time are purely subjective so I won't take him to the woodshed yet again on being objectively wrong.

Josh is lowering the bar for EA so badly. If he keeps complaining about how terrible the game is and keeps spending money on it regardless EA has little incentive left!

"Hey! This dude despises everything we do but still rings up the VISA for each update! Why even bother trying?"

Anyone who spends donuts so frivolously like Josh either doesn't pay for them themselves or has a hacked game.
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    ayyezajac wrote:
    takes me at least 20 minutes to visit all 100 neighbors. It's incredibly tedious.

1bhf_zps95d6db78.jpg

:thumbup: Classy response, I love it! Really, there is no pleasing some people. Oh well be great if Josh actually had something positive to add, but that'll wait for another time :lol:
  • forevermadness
    15 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    :lol:

Doesn't that make the joke on him?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!