EA Forums - Banner

TERRIBLE update.

Replies

  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    epolng wrote:
    I may not agree with most of what Josh says, but I appreciate his posts. Whenever I feel down and depressed I can look read his posts and realize my troubles don't amount to anything versus his how this game treats him. My wife has major health issues, I have been trying to find work since fall of 1988 with little success, my son took up with a woman who felt it best to keep him from his family so I lost my best friend, my daughter has mental health issues that prevent her from dealing with people in a way that is acceptable but it all pales in comparison to the way EA torments Josh with this game. My life isn't so bad after all.

    (Sarcasm intended.)

    Thank the lord you wrote that sarcasm was intended otherwise I would have engaged in mental gymnastics trying to figure it out.
  • forevermadness
    15 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    People who think I'm not "showing up EA" because I'm still giving them money, think of it this way: Sure they may get my money, but what about their integrity? I ruined their plans to force us to use their crappy servers via neighbor surfing, and I also showed something about their integrity and respect. Believe it or not, there is more to life than just money. Sometimes your self-respect is more important. I'm guessing after this post, EA employees have trouble looking at themselves in the mirror because this is their art and their life's work, and it is not good. These people are artists and are starving on the inside by producing a bad "painting", so to speak.

    Success is at least partially measured by money in this instance. I suspect their paycheques won't be bouncing in 2014.

    Besides, the idea the work is "bad" is simply the opinion of one pretend pseudo-celebrity who has to make sure he reminds you every chance he gets that he was half-mentioned in a video game once. It's safe to ignore him.

    (If you are truly famous, you don't need to remind anyone. I'll change my mind if, on Sunday, Matthew McConaughy tells a reporter on the red carpet he is real important and was in a Best Picture nominee and is up for Best Actor.)

    Wait was Josh actually mentioned in the game once? I joined in January so I am bit late to the party :oops:

    Check my sig. I'm famous. After you've looked at it once, check again.
    ok but there is no sig

    Check my original post.

    The fact that you glean any sort of self worth from being mentioned once in a video game speaks volumes for how sad an existance you must lead. Seriously, get a life, dude.
  • maavich211
    133 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    People who think I'm not "showing up EA" because I'm still giving them money, think of it this way: Sure they may get my money, but what about their integrity? I ruined their plans to force us to use their crappy servers via neighbor surfing, and I also showed something about their integrity and respect. Believe it or not, there is more to life than just money. Sometimes your self-respect is more important. I'm guessing after this post, EA employees have trouble looking at themselves in the mirror because this is their art and their life's work, and it is not good. These people are artists and are starving on the inside by producing a bad "painting", so to speak.
    [/img] http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4828583887833802&pid=15.1 [/img]
  • jasonicus321
    1811 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    Can you please * off and die already?
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    epolng wrote:
    I may not agree with most of what Josh says, but I appreciate his posts. Whenever I feel down and depressed I can look read his posts and realize my troubles don't amount to anything versus his how this game treats him. My wife has major health issues, I have been trying to find work since fall of 1988 with little success, my son took up with a woman who felt it best to keep him from his family so I lost my best friend, my daughter has mental health issues that prevent her from dealing with people in a way that is acceptable but it all pales in comparison to the way EA torments Josh with this game. My life isn't so bad after all.

    (Sarcasm intended.)

    Thank the lord you wrote that sarcasm was intended otherwise I would have engaged in mental gymnastics trying to figure it out.

    +1
  • forevermadness
    15 posts
    edited February 2014
    Can you please * off and die already?

    There is absolutely no need for that.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    Can you please * off and die already?

    Seems a bit extreme, don't ya think, for a forum about a virtual game?

    Lighten up dude, it's all good
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I feel like a lot of people in this topic harbor jealousy over my mention in-game.
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited February 2014
    Can you please * off and die already?

    There is absolutely no need for that.

    Absolutely, if you let the trolls wind you up, they win. Leave them to whither in the wind and they'll get the message. But please don't get personal. 8)
  • mrjassmith
    158 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I feel like a lot of people in this topic harbor jealousy over my mention in-game.

    I'm more jealous of your crazy Mel Gibson driving technique.

    :-)
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Some callouts had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited February 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    A callout had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.

    why is the guy even still allowed on here? he brings nothing to the forum
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I feel like a lot of people in this topic harbor jealousy over my mention in-game.
    It was only a matter of time before you came up with this typical response.

    To sum up Josh's posts for the new people on the forum..

    Josh: <insert a typical entitled, "EA sucks", "look at me, I'm convinced I'm famous" sort of post>
    Forum: Blah, blah, get over yourself, etc
    Josh: You're all jealous

    wash, rinse, repeat


    EDIT: Grammarz n stuffs
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    Some callouts had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.

    why is the guy even still allowed on here? he brings nothing to the forum

    If people who complained about the game weren't allowed on this forum, it would be a pretty empty forum.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited February 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    A callout had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.

    why is the guy even still allowed on here? he brings nothing to the forum

    You say that but this thread is 5pages long and certainly has a lot of people talking, bare in mind this is just his opinion, some people agree with Josh and a lot of people don't but that being said he certainly gets everyone talking

    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Is there anything in this game that you don't hate? Every time we get an update, nothing seems to please you and instead, you have to find something to complain about. I agree we don't need another restaurant but I've been looking forward to Stampy and Snowball II for a while (even if they ARE walking decorations).
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited February 2014
    Ok guys, this is starting to go downhill a bit.

    The best course of action is if you dont like what the OP has to say then dont post in his thread, if that happened the thread would be lucky to stay on the front page of the forum.

    Thanks and take my advice as it stops bickering and calling out :)
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited February 2014
    I'm LOLing @ everyone getting so worked up! Ahahaha
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I'm LOLing @ everyone getting so worked up! Ahahaha

    +1
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    A callout had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.

    why is the guy even still allowed on here? he brings nothing to the forum

    You say that but this thread is 5pages long and certainly has a lot of people talking, bare in mind this is just his opinion, some people agree with Josh and a lot of people don't but that being said he certainly gets everyone talking

    said on page 8 of the thread ... Hmm what to say about a moderator who cant count, or even just read the page numbers at the top of the page

    Oh well, never mind, three cheers for the moderating team: hip
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!