EA Forums - Banner

TERRIBLE update.

Replies

  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Jedihntr wrote:

    Reading this felt like something out of an episode of South Park. You are definitely the cleaner-mouthed Cartman of this forum. Hate to break it to you, but your delusional one-man fight against EA is for naught.

    He's not trying to fight EA, he's just trying to attract as much attention to himself as possible. And succeeding wildly at it, apparently.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.
  • jointfx
    13 posts
    edited February 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.

    Those satirical mediums you mentioned are entertaining just like these threads, please just let it be. He probably created alternate pseudonyms in these threads to foster the ridiculousness of what these posts degrade to. But I love it either way, one reason I look forward to updates just for these threads alone
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    So the idea is you log on once day collect your points and that's it
    It's alright but we need a new level update with characters and building with quest lines
    I hope level 39 comes tomorow
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jointfx wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.

    Those satirical mediums you mentioned are entertaining just like these threads, please just let it be. He probably created alternate pseudonyms in these threads to foster the ridiculousness of what these posts degrade to. But I love it either way, one reason I look forward to updates just for these threads alone

    I have no alts. The mods with their IP address viewing powers can vouch for that fact.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    A callout had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.

    why is the guy even still allowed on here? he brings nothing to the forum

    You say that but this thread is 5pages long and certainly has a lot of people talking, bare in mind this is just his opinion, some people agree with Josh and a lot of people don't but that being said he certainly gets everyone talking

    said on page 8 of the thread ... Hmm what to say about a moderator who cant count, or even just read the page numbers at the top of the page

    Oh well, never mind, three cheers for the moderating team: hip

    You're insulting the best mod on this site hands down. And you ended up looking foolish.
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    jointfx wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.

    Those satirical mediums you mentioned are entertaining just like these threads, please just let it be. He probably created alternate pseudonyms in these threads to foster the ridiculousness of what these posts degrade to. But I love it either way, one reason I look forward to updates just for these threads alone

    I have no alts. The mods with their IP address viewing powers can vouch for that fact.

    celebrity status achieved by his own rights and actions :D Love it!! I think I look forward to these threads more than the updates themselves. The bait and hook theory works magic and Mr. Sherer has the worm. Congrats Sir on another well executed deployment of showing us the obvious and putting all the little fishies into the pond with their mouths wide open. I can't wait for 39 to come out!!
  • adidas4fun68
    939 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    Bravewall wrote:
    A callout had to be deleted. Folks, there is no reason to be the one, who takes complaints about the game personal.

    why is the guy even still allowed on here? he brings nothing to the forum

    You say that but this thread is 5pages long and certainly has a lot of people talking, bare in mind this is just his opinion, some people agree with Josh and a lot of people don't but that being said he certainly gets everyone talking

    said on page 8 of the thread ... Hmm what to say about a moderator who cant count, or even just read the page numbers at the top of the page

    Oh well, never mind, three cheers for the moderating team: hip

    You're insulting the best mod on this site hands down. And you ended up looking foolish.
    *yawn* well done to me.

    And lets see if they delete this post for no reason what so ever.
  • njh913
    17 posts
    edited February 2014
    if there was nothing updated,just a removal of Valentines day there would have been complaining as well. Either way people complain, not everyone is going to be happy. Just stop playing if this is bothersome to you.
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.

    Very well said. I can't believe you missed the "their" typo when you proofread. Also, my taint itches.
  • drumnman
    1475 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jasonbd77 wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.

    Very well said. I can't believe you missed the "their" typo when you proofread. Also, my taint itches.

    I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. "Their" is used correctly both times.

    4539135a55a5fbfafe602104741d730b5feed164ef06781af2818e249b0f9aa1.jpg

    P.S. Try some coconut oil for your itching. It really does work wonders.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I am sure the TOS says don't insult another member, so I won't. My question is why does someone who appears to have so much interest / opinion on the game not just enjoy it? Play World of Warcraft or whatever the other people like that play. This is the first online game of this genre I have ever played and for the sole purpose of my love of The Simpsons. If we want to go into it a quick round of Simpsons trivia will prove who is a real fan of the franchise versus a troll who will never be pleased.
    And buying donuts just to prove a point...well it sounds like loneliness and donuts are cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix. Now 100 tacos for $100 is a different story altogether.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    I am sure the TOS says don't insult another member, so I won't. My question is why does someone who appears to have so much interest / opinion on the game not just enjoy it? Play World of Warcraft or whatever the other people like that play. This is the first online game of this genre I have ever played and for the sole purpose of my love of The Simpsons. If we want to go into it a quick round of Simpsons trivia will prove who is a real fan of the franchise versus a troll who will never be pleased.
    And buying donuts just to prove a point...well it sounds like loneliness and donuts are cheeseburgers are a dangerous mix. Now 100 tacos for $100 is a different story altogether.

    I hate the Simpsons tv show so I'm sure you would beat me in Simpsons trivia. But online we would end in a tie since we can look up any answer anyway.
  • jasonbd77
    238 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    drumnman wrote:
    jasonbd77 wrote:
    drumnman wrote:
    Guys, guys, guys! Seriously?

    I bet people who believe that Josh is being genuine with his rants and "everything sucks" threads are the same people who believe Onion articles are true and post them on their Facebook pages exclaiming their preposterousness! It's satire. Josh is a satirist and practices elaborate (and giftedly executed) reductio ad absurdum arguments that are elevated well beyond any average trolling. He's like the Rainman of trolls that performs with such a high level of MENSA-inspired skill that even the best troll-aware readers get suckered in.

    Reread his post (any of his posts) as if he were Stephen Colbert and you'll see the pattern emerge. What's more, the fact that so many people bite on this bait only further solidifies himself as, yes, this boards resident H-List celebrity where his threads generate thousands of views within hours.

    This is all I'll say on the matter, but seriously folks, see this for what it really is: you're being trolled... hard.

    Very well said. I can't believe you missed the "their" typo when you proofread. Also, my taint itches.

    I'm sorry, but you're mistaken. "Their" is used correctly both times.

    4539135a55a5fbfafe602104741d730b5feed164ef06781af2818e249b0f9aa1.jpg

    P.S. Try some coconut oil for your itching. It really does work wonders.

    Damn. I read the first as "their preposterous". That's the price of skimming! Either way thanks for the tip.
    I'll be off to make my man bits into a daiquiri now.
  • JimJ321
    4208 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Then why play the game. Maybe you could join the 14 year olds in Call of Duty. I love the simpsons and this game. As I travel for a living it gives me solice in my boring hotel room.
    I just don't get the running joke, nor should I really care.
    When bored and I want to troll I find yelp to get more of a rise out of people.
  • rhino_rizy
    3 posts
    edited February 2014
    I think its a good update allready have 700 friend points so will only take about 10 days to get them all....i think u expect to much for a game that is mostly free that has content updates every month
  • ddshoemaker
    40 posts
    edited February 2014
    Shut up already, your complaints are the worst part of any update.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Josh you really need to have your own section on the forum for all your wonderful insight on this game. :P
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • forevermadness
    15 posts
    edited February 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Josh you really need to have your own section on the forum for all your wonderful insight on this game. :P

    This^ He's already famous, might as well have a section for him.
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I agree, but how did this drop to the 2nd page?!?!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!