EA Forums - Banner

TERRIBLE update.

12345679Next

Replies

• jenichu682
    324 posts
    edited February 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Josh you really need to have your own section on the forum for all your wonderful insight on this game. :P

I agree; give Josh a sticky thread and only allow him to post his rants in there to keep them contained in one spot.
  • xxx_MCBAIN_xxx
    146 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Woosah
  • anastasios_p
    40 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Well guess what? Joke's on you, EA. I refuse to visit. Instead, I rushed everything with donuts. And that's another issue in itself. I, as a premium player, get punished once again for being a premium player because now I have nothing to do since I have everything and there are no questlines.

How much did it cost to rush everything, donut-wise?
  • KayneMatrix
    161 posts
    edited February 2014
    Gonna play devil's advocate here...

Valentines day was a disaster.

It WOULD be great to have Homer's car in the Simpson driveway, but the way the game works now, Vehicles arent allowed on "occupied" property.

i have been saying for the longest time that certain items should be allowed on "occupied" spaces, such as Cars on streets / in parking lots meters, stop signs and the like on sidewalks. and the like.

Rivers actually connecting to the sea, Buildings that fully rotate so that streets could be lined up effectively.

But there are so many people defending EA that such ideas would immediately be shot down and those people ridiculed. but what do you expect when on the internet i guess.
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I like this update more than the valentines :lol: Wana help me reach my goals by letting me add you :mrgreen::wink:

We're not friends yet? Sure, send it. I'm guessing some people removed me anyway during the V-Day event since I visited no one.

I just want to see your town. Please feel free to invite me if you feel inclined to do so.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Josh you really need to have your own section on the forum for all your wonderful insight on this game. :P

This^ He's already famous, might as well have a section for him.
    They could name it the josh thinks thread lmao :P
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Well guess what? Joke's on you, EA. I refuse to visit. Instead, I rushed everything with donuts. And that's another issue in itself. I, as a premium player, get punished once again for being a premium player because now I have nothing to do since I have everything and there are no questlines.

1000 or so.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

1000 or so.
    Holy crap!!! :shock: why in the world would you spend so many doughnuts on something you could've got for free in a week!?!?
  • PonyDx
    185 posts
    edited February 2014
    What's funny is EA jokingly mocks Josh in a quest line dialogue and now this broken record feels he needs to copy and paste the same dribble every update. Keep throwing your money at EA Josh because you're the 1% over-spending so that we the 99% get this awesome content on a monthly basis. Bet your Town looks like trash anyway, I picture it without any creative thought put into it... Just every item you bought placed in random locations.

(Mic Drop)....
  • donjory2589
    1 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    This is awful. First off V-Day was terrible. It was long. It was a nightmare. But I figured with all the time they took to get us a new update, they must be working on something big...something to make up for a disappointing V-Day. But they followed up with an even worse update.

What is the point of this? Why is EA so concerned with us visiting friends? What's the big deal if we don't? They create 6 levels and 5 prizes to get us to visit friends? What a joke. The load time for visiting 100 friends a day is insane. Why couldn't they have just made 5 new levels with 5 storylines? Again, it's not a big deal if we level up without visiting friends.

The prizes are awful. Ohmec Head just sits there doing nothing, the restaurant is somewhat ugly and oddly shaped, snowball 2 does literally nothing, Stampy has 2 tasks instead of 7-8 like he should have, and Homer's car is the worst of all. Now people will want to stick Homer's car in the driveway. The problem is we cannot do that without pushing the Simpson house way back. But if we do that, it no longer lines up with the other houses in the neighborhood. Pushing them all back takes way too much time and EA shouldn't force us to do that, especially since it'll look dumb.

Also, none of the prizes have questlines like an actual level update would have had. Well guess what? Joke's on you, EA. I refuse to visit. Instead, I rushed everything with donuts. And that's another issue in itself. I, as a premium player, get punished once again for being a premium player because now I have nothing to do since I have everything and there are no questlines.

Thanks a lot, EA.

Translation:

"High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high.

High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high.

High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high. High, high, high, high, high. High, high, high, high, high, high, high, high, high. High, high, high.

I'm high."
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

1000 or so.
    Holy crap!!! :shock: why in the world would you spend so many doughnuts on something you could've got for free in a week!?!?

To teach EA a lesson.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

1000 or so.

To teach EA a lesson.
    You mean to teach them that they can make easy money off of you?

You realize when you spend money on something you don't like you end up helping them win. They don't care what you have to say, they care of what your money is saying, and in this case your money said that this update was worth close to $50
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

1000 or so.

To teach EA a lesson.

and what lesson would that be? that you're a idiot?

you continue to * and moan about the game but your wallet continues to feed EA, they don't care about your opinion or how you think every update is bad etc etc.. they are basically thinking just shut up and gives us more money.

• baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited February 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

1000 or so.

To teach EA a lesson.

you continue to complain about every update but your wallet continues to feed them. They don't care about your opinion or thoughts on the updates or whatever they care about your money which you are so eager to hand over to them...

what is 1000 doughnuts even worth? $50 or more, you just gave them $50+ to rush tasks you could easily got in a week or two to teach them a lesson.. EA is probably reading this thinking just shut up and give us more money.
  • tracydudge118
    154 posts
    edited February 2014
    Josh - you typically amuse me but this is just sad.
  • AARONRTD
    1807 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    baddazoner wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

1000 or so.

To teach EA a lesson.

you continue to complain about every update but your wallet continues to feed them. They don't care about your opinion or thoughts on the updates or whatever they care about your money which you are so eager to hand over to them...

what is 1000 doughnuts even worth? $50 or more, you just gave them $50+ to rush tasks you could easily got in a week or two to teach them a lesson.. EA is probably reading this thinking just shut up and give us more money.

Enough with the name calling, stick to the topic and agree/disagree and move on. It's your problem if you don't agree with someone's choice of play, spend money or speaking ones mind. You wouldn't like someone calling you an idiot for not agreeing or believing what's posted.
  • blackeyed5
    79 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't get this guy at all...

Jokes not on EA, it's on you because you're spending donuts (real money) and giving it to EA, just to rush through an update, then complaining there's nothing for you to do? Are you insane? No, seriously. Are you insane?

This is a great update, because it's continuous, so you can constantly earn one new prize at a time while playing. As long as you know, actually play the game instead of rushing through it with donuts. No more sitting around waiting for an update while the programmers create one. A simple new decoration is easy, so I expect they'll be making them fairly quickly.

Again, the point of the game is to build a new Springfield, and you do that with decorations. If you don't like the ohmec or homers car, just keep it in your inventory and wait for the next prize. I for one think the new prizes are awesome. They will look great in the Springfield once I get them.

The jokes on you, you have nothing to do but wait, while I have something to look forward to earning tomorrow.

Why do you spend money so frivolously on a game you hate so much? It just doesn't make any sense...
  • mrtreez101
    27 posts
    edited February 2014
    You are a friend I would not like to have on my list....

And it takes about 30-40 minutes to go through 100 friends...

Plus I like seeing some of the really well done towns.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Locking this thread due to continued personal attacks. If you would like to continue to debate this topic, please PM the OP or each other.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!