EA Forums - Banner

May I just whine...just for a moment...just a quick vent lol?? (Nothing to do with EA lol)

Awwww. I feel awful. Somebody REALLY needs a hug. :(

Replies

• durarararara
    2855 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MamaLuck wrote:
    Well I had REALLY been wanting to get Brandine. I've been playing Tapped Out for a long, long time and I am a pretty dedicated player for the most part. I don't have all the premium characters, but I do buy many of them when I can (I hope to have them all eventually) and Brandine was definitely one I had been excited for. Well, as it turned out, my husband and kids and I had issues with certain apps loading. Every time I tried to buy donuts to get Brandine, it would tell me that my Apple ID was incorrect (even though it was not). We eventually had to go to Apple (twice!) and reset accounts and IDs etc....and I had to delete and reinstall the Simpsons app. While my Springfield is still exactly as I left it (phew!!!), the Valentine's event is now over
    and Brandine is gone with it. It was just a series of bad timing for me. Nobody's fault and I'm not mad at anyone....but I'm SOooooooo bummed!!!!! Ughhhhhhh I reallllllllllllllly wanted her. I sure wish se wasn't limited edition.

I keep wishing they would bring her back..... :(

Sorry for the whining. Had to vent. :cry:

Ok I'm done now. :wink:

Bummer. Don't worry, she'll be back next year! I hope one of your neighbors have her and watch her give birth to the spucklers! They're adorable! ;)
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    LOL thanks. I never, ever come on the boards to complain. I love the game and I'm really grateful to EA for all they give us. So I don't want anyone to take my post as a complaint. I'm just bumming and needed to vent because after all the times I tried to get her, I missed getting her by like a few hours I think. The timing was so bad and as Maxwell Smart would say, "I missed it by THAT much." :wink:
  • HYWMinstrel
    84 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I feel your pain. I had to go out of town for my father-in-law's funeral. While driving back I really didn't play that much (and never checked to see if there was anything new). When I finally got home (5 days on the road) I found out that I had missed Lincoln by about 6 hrs... Oh, well, I'm sure he'll wander by again sometime.

~M~
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MamaLuck wrote:
    Well I had REALLY been wanting to get Brandine. I've been playing Tapped Out for a long, long time and I am a pretty dedicated player for the most part. I don't have all the premium characters, but I do buy many of them when I can (I hope to have them all eventually) and Brandine was definitely one I had been excited for. Well, as it turned out, my husband and kids and I had issues with certain apps loading. Every time I tried to buy donuts to get Brandine, it would tell me that my Apple ID was incorrect (even though it was not). We eventually had to go to Apple (twice!) and reset accounts and IDs etc....and I had to delete and reinstall the Simpsons app. While my Springfield is still exactly as I left it (phew!!!), the Valentine's event is now over
    and Brandine is gone with it. It was just a series of bad timing for me. Nobody's fault and I'm not mad at anyone....but I'm SOooooooo bummed!!!!! Ughhhhhhh I reallllllllllllllly wanted her. I sure wish se wasn't limited edition.

I keep wishing they would bring her back..... :(

Sorry for the whining. Had to vent. :cry:

Ok I'm done now. :wink:

That sucks...perhaps it's worth a shot sending an email to EA explaining what happened. If you told them you were still willing to pay the donuts to get her, I'm sure they could make it happen if they wanted to...
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    If you log onto a device that HASN'T updated to the new app store update, you should still be able to buy Brandine. It's not a forced update, yet. I can still buy Valentines stuff on my second town on my iPad, because I haven't updated the app on it yet.
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I wish that was the case but unfortunately the issues we had required all of our apps on all devices to be updated before they would work properly with our Apple IDs---so my Springfield on my phone had to get updated as well in order to buy the donuts. But thanks for the suggestion because that would've been so awesome if that had worked. :-)
  • Renamed8736
    231 posts
    edited February 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    If you log onto a device that HASN'T updated to the new app store update, you should still be able to buy Brandine. It's not a forced update, yet. I can still buy Valentines stuff on my second town on my iPad, because I haven't updated the app on it yet.

Precisely.
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Don't worry they'll definitely bring her back. She's too important of a character for them to just make her a one time character. Just have some patience and you'll get her.

Or you could email costumer support, and explain your situation. Maybe they'll let you get her. I don't see them refusing something like that since it means they'll potentially be loosing money.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Meanwhile, the issues we had caused me to lose a lot of paid-for apps when we had to delete and reinstall them and recreate our accounts. Some apps are basically requiring me to repay for them now that I have a new Apple ID account which stinks but apparently there is not much I can do if I want those games back. But the funny thing is, the ONLY thing I'm really upset about is missing out on Brandine lol. I'd give up all those other apps all together just for another chance at her lol
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Wow, that really sucks. I hope they bring her back just for you!
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited February 2014
    Aww I'm so sorry! Brandine was the one character I just had to buy donuts for.

I hope that she comes back one day for you.
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

This is the way forward for you :)

Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • subii42
    2737 posts New member
    edited February 2014
    I thought Brandine was permanent too!
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Well I guess I'll just have to wait until next year and hope they re-release her. Sighhhhh. :cry:
    My husband doesn't play TSTO so you can only imagine the looks on his face (and that of the employees at the Apple Store) when I kept trying to tell them I HAD to get this issue resolved because I needed Brandine! My husband needed his business contacts and voicemail worked on and I was all worried about Brandine. Yeah. I'm cool like that. :roll:

I'm surprised they didn't leave her permanently. I would've thought she would bring in profit throughout the year as people saved to get her---or new players joined.

Well. Thanks for listening to me vent. I needed to do it.

And yeah, I'll add this to my list of incredibly shallow #firstworldproblems. But still. Sighhhhh.
  • Auganaut
    198 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Awwww. I feel awful. Somebody REALLY needs a hug. :(

Yes. Hugs are a wonderful thing. :twisted:

katy-perry-simpsons1a.jpg
  • MamaLuck
    125 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Ha!

*giggle*
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    MamaLuck wrote:
    LOL thanks. I never, ever come on the boards to complain. I love the game and I'm really grateful to EA for all they give us. So I don't want anyone to take my post as a complaint. I'm just bumming and needed to vent because after all the times I tried to get her, I missed getting her by like a few hours I think. The timing was so bad and as Maxwell Smart would say, "I missed it by THAT much." :wink:

:lol: I love get smart!
    Sorry you missed brandine, but like others have said, she'll probably make it back next year.
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited February 2014
    she shouldn't of been a limited time character.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.