EA Forums - Banner

Disagree with the friend points system

Prev134
You get the same amount of points whether you have 50 friends or a 100. That's the whole point

Replies

  • Snakeyees
    2335 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    its to discourage people from going to your city tap three buildings and then deleting your city and getting a new friend, then they rinse & repeat it.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't LIKE one point at a time- but I'll take it!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • TWD56
    12 posts
    edited February 2014
    To ink19810- so what's the point of having 100 friends then if 50 friends give me the same amount.

    To snakeeyes-limit the amount of actions a player can do with his friends to 300 a day total

    To datasurgeon-yes I am turning it down if I receive only one point every tap. I don't want to waste time going through 10 friend towns for the equivalent of going through the first three friend towns. That does not encourage me to go through my friends lists.
  • jfcal2005
    52 posts
    edited February 2014
    Snakeyees wrote:
    its to discourage people from going to your city tap three buildings and then deleting your city and getting a new friend, then they rinse & repeat it.

    this doesn't make any sense as you can only do 300 actions a day,
    Even if you delete and add again you would still only be able to visit only 100 neighbours
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jfcal2005 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    its to discourage people from going to your city tap three buildings and then deleting your city and getting a new friend, then they rinse & repeat it.

    this doesn't make any sense as you can only do 300 actions a day,
    Even if you delete and add again you would still only be able to visit only 100 neighbours

    Old tactic- hasn't worked in a while
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • LanceUppercut808
    857 posts
    edited February 2014
    jfcal2005 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    its to discourage people from going to your city tap three buildings and then deleting your city and getting a new friend, then they rinse & repeat it.

    this doesn't make any sense as you can only do 300 actions a day,
    Even if you delete and add again you would still only be able to visit only 100 neighbours

    That's exactly the point they were making. You used to be able to delete friends and add new ones to collect points at events quicker, but now you can't.
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?

    Exactly. Not everyone has 100 friends, and it's not fair to them to get lower points at the start and then build up.

    Personally, I visit all of my friends, whether I get 10 points or 1 per tap, because visiting them encourages them to visit me, thereby getting me more points :)
  • TWD56
    12 posts
    edited February 2014
    betha75 wrote:
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?

    Exactly. Not everyone has 100 friends, and it's not fair to them to get lower points at the start and then build up.

    Personally, I visit all of my friends, whether I get 10 points or 1 per tap, because visiting them encourages them to visit me, thereby getting me more points :)

    How is that not fair? If I have 100 friends and am going through their towns, I'm investing more time than someone with 10 or 20. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not memorizing the people who visit my town and actively finding theirs to return the favor.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    I don't LIKE one point at a time- but I'll take it!

    ^this is how I feel. I'd love more points for friends lower in my list, but I still visit everyone. Those 3 points per neighbor will still get me the prizes faster than if I didn't visit! :D
  • betha75
    157 posts
    edited February 2014
    TWD56 wrote:
    betha75 wrote:
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?

    Exactly. Not everyone has 100 friends, and it's not fair to them to get lower points at the start and then build up.

    Personally, I visit all of my friends, whether I get 10 points or 1 per tap, because visiting them encourages them to visit me, thereby getting me more points :)

    How is that not fair? If I have 100 friends and am going through their towns, I'm investing more time than someone with 10 or 20. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not memorizing the people who visit my town and actively finding theirs to return the favor.

    right, and that extra time you invest gets you 3 more points for each extra town than someone with fewer friends ;)
  • TWD56
    12 posts
    edited February 2014
    jfcal2005 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    its to discourage people from going to your city tap three buildings and then deleting your city and getting a new friend, then they rinse & repeat it.

    this doesn't make any sense as you can only do 300 actions a day,
    Even if you delete and add again you would still only be able to visit only 100 neighbours

    That's exactly the point they were making. You used to be able to delete friends and add new ones to collect points at events quicker, but now you can't.

    So then there's no problem with what I have proposed since that exploitation cannot happen now.
  • TWD56
    12 posts
    edited February 2014
    betha75 wrote:
    TWD56 wrote:
    betha75 wrote:
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?

    Exactly. Not everyone has 100 friends, and it's not fair to them to get lower points at the start and then build up.

    Personally, I visit all of my friends, whether I get 10 points or 1 per tap, because visiting them encourages them to visit me, thereby getting me more points :)

    How is that not fair? If I have 100 friends and am going through their towns, I'm investing more time than someone with 10 or 20. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not memorizing the people who visit my town and actively finding theirs to return the favor.

    right, and that extra time you invest gets you 3 more points for each extra town than someone with fewer friends ;)

    But why am I rewarded less points per tap for investing more time. This was my main complaint.
  • annettemarc
    7747 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    TWD56 wrote:
    betha75 wrote:
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?

    Exactly. Not everyone has 100 friends, and it's not fair to them to get lower points at the start and then build up.

    Personally, I visit all of my friends, whether I get 10 points or 1 per tap, because visiting them encourages them to visit me, thereby getting me more points :)

    How is that not fair? If I have 100 friends and am going through their towns, I'm investing more time than someone with 10 or 20. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not memorizing the people who visit my town and actively finding theirs to return the favor.

    You're right. Memorizing them would be a really obsessive thing to do. (... hiding spreadsheet ... )

    USA/UK Race To Throw Country Into Utter Chaos = TOO CLOSE TO CALL
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    TWD56 wrote:
    betha75 wrote:
    TWD56 wrote:
    betha75 wrote:
    Actually, like Valentines, it's trying to balance those with low active friends with those with high active friends. Are you really turning down the extra friend points just because you only get one?

    Exactly. Not everyone has 100 friends, and it's not fair to them to get lower points at the start and then build up.

    Personally, I visit all of my friends, whether I get 10 points or 1 per tap, because visiting them encourages them to visit me, thereby getting me more points :)

    How is that not fair? If I have 100 friends and am going through their towns, I'm investing more time than someone with 10 or 20. Also, I don't know about everyone else, but I'm not memorizing the people who visit my town and actively finding theirs to return the favor.

    right, and that extra time you invest gets you 3 more points for each extra town than someone with fewer friends ;)

    But why am I rewarded less points per tap for investing more time. This was my main complaint.

    I am not sure I am following the "it's not fair for people who have fewer friends" complaint. If it was a difficult thing to get friends, then sure. But if you have 50 friends and want more, there are plenty of places to find them, like this very forum. If you have 50 and DON't want more, why should you get almost the same number of FP's as me when I am willing to invest twice the time. I don't see the motivation for tapping all 100 friends. I agree that it should be the other way around, building the amount of points as you go so that the last friends of the 100 get you the most points. They should reward people who have more friends and who visit those friends, in a social game.

    And I haven't done the actual math, so I don't know exactly how many friend visits you make before it FP goes to one, I was just using those number to illustrate the point.

    Having said all that, since it's not time sensitive, I doesn't matter anyway, if you keep tapping you will get the prizes. I guess it's just the principle of it that bugs me a little
  • jaytothen
    25 posts
    edited February 2014
    I wish I could even visit friends so I could get any points. My game crashes as soon as I visit another town :(
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    jaytothen wrote:
    I wish I could even visit friends so I could get any points. My game crashes as soon as I visit another town :(

    Do you have a large list of friend requests? That made my game crash all the time until i deleted them.

    just an idea, hope it resolves itself soon
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    edited February 2014
    jfcal2005 wrote:
    Snakeyees wrote:
    its to discourage people from going to your city tap three buildings and then deleting your city and getting a new friend, then they rinse & repeat it.

    this doesn't make any sense as you can only do 300 actions a day,
    Even if you delete and add again you would still only be able to visit only 100 neighbours

    No, you can visit more than 100 friends (plus other). I did exactly this today cleaning up some inactive friends so I could add the new ones. After I got all FP actions (per 24hr) I still visited more friends till I got em all. You can visit 1000 people
    If you wanted to go though the hassle, but actions are limited.
  • jaytothen
    25 posts
    edited February 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    jaytothen wrote:
    I wish I could even visit friends so I could get any points. My game crashes as soon as I visit another town :(

    Do you have a large list of friend requests? That made my game crash all the time until i deleted them.

    just an idea, hope it resolves itself soon

    No friend requests. Started around halloween and has gotten worse every update.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited February 2014
    jaytothen wrote:
    mbemom wrote:
    jaytothen wrote:
    I wish I could even visit friends so I could get any points. My game crashes as soon as I visit another town :(

    Do you have a large list of friend requests? That made my game crash all the time until i deleted them.

    just an idea, hope it resolves itself soon

    No friend requests. Started around halloween and has gotten worse every update.

    I'm so sorry , I feel your pain. I wish I had some other constructive advice, besides the obvious reinstall stuff. Maybe look in the bugs and issues thread, lots of info over there.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.