EA Forums - Banner

[BUG] EA, please fix the lock-up bug when tapping 2 people with one tap. [Kindle Fire HD]

Anyone else experiencing this bug??

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Can't say I know what you mean. I don't play solely on the kindle anymore, but I still use it, and I haven't noticed anything unusual.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Can't say I know what you mean. I don't play solely on the kindle anymore, but I still use it, and I haven't noticed anything unusual.

Let me try and explain it better. I was annoyed when typing the title.

So when you are in a friend's Springfield and you are tapping either houses or characters to earn money and you hit two things with a single tap. This causes the game to lock up and then dumps you back to the Kindle menu.

It never used to do this prior to the Valentine's update. They must have caused it with that.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Eh, it's been happening to me since July last year when I started playing. I don't have a Kindle though. I have an Android phone - moderately new, but low end model.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited March 2014
    Doesn't sound like an EA issue. Sounds like it's your kindle.
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited March 2014
    bren1960 wrote:
    Doesn't sound like an EA issue. Sounds like it's your kindle.

Why would you say that?? Because EA, in all their perfection doesn't release games with bugs?

It does this same bug on my Kindle Fire 8.9", my girlfriend's Fire 7", and my mom's 7" model.. maybe it's ,3 defective Kindles, all with the exact same bug on TSTO, and everything else works perfectly. Hmmmm.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Well, I haven't experienced this, but I tap one thing at a time. Playing any game on my kindle, it seems to freak out a little if I try to "multi-touch." So, I could be wrong, but it seems like the solution would be to just use one finger. (It can be the longest one, if that'll make you feel better)
  • spoonmanx
    148 posts
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Well, I haven't experienced this, but I tap one thing at a time. Playing any game on my kindle, it seems to freak out a little if I try to "multi-touch." So, I could be wrong, but it seems like the solution would be to just use one finger. (It can be the longest one, if that'll make you feel better)

That's the thing... I am always trying to click one at a time, but occasionally you get two on top of each other or close enough to count both in one tap (2 for 1) and that's all it takes to lock up.
  • NewoAras
    4 posts
    edited March 2014
    My kindle fire does the same crash glitch. Didn't start being an issue until the Valentine's day update. Seems to also crash when visiting friends and a mob of characters all load into one spot. Some items in town get buggy too, especially fountains. Been noticing those preceded the game either locking up or crashing.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Kindle is Android based and I too noticed it in the Valentine update. It may still be occurring but I only tap buildings now and it is hard to hit two at the sametime
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.