EA Forums - Banner

Halloween or Xmas??

Prev1
Xmas, and it's not close. Halloween was just annoying with all the zombies and buildings that I didn't have any interest in. Xmas brought us Barney and his Bowlarama, the Try 'n Save, and the Mapple Store. All of which are buildings I want in my Springfield long term. Way better than the one month a year stuff we got for Halloween.

Replies

• JimmymBean
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    So I was thinking which one is better?? I think Halloween had more to offer but Xmas has better stuff and that TP and eggs got pretty annoying.

I also deleted some friends Im level 24 and many houses decorated.

Add me grimmy56789

both are great.. Christmas has more to offer ?
  • HRHJames
    71 posts
    edited December 2012
    XMAS. Halloween was annoying (hated those damn zombies) and there are a lot more stuff of value that came with the Christmas update.
  • Raplh-Gumble
    15 posts
    edited December 2012
    Xmas
  • Double_Density
    60 posts
    edited December 2012
    I don't have quite the vehemence for Halloween...although the zombies did get to be a pain. Everything was more rushed at Halloween. It was our first taste of limited items and we weren't sure how easy it would be to complete the sets.

Christmas on the other hand has some great stuff, nothing attacking the city (yet...an army of Funzo's in the future perhaps?), a whole town makeover and we can have a hundred friends helping us put together enough coins to buy everything.

My only annoyance with Christmas (so far) was that I was just about to start my first real citywide overhaul and now everything looks different (particularly the flowers and trees). I'll have to wait until Spring to make my Springfield beautiful. It would be great to have a "hide the snow" button like the hide the building and decoration buttons.
  • mellytan
    1258 posts
    edited December 2012
    Okay, despite the large number of people who hated the zombies, I actually liked them! It got a bit old after a while but it was fun while it lasted.

However, like what nine9nines said, this update did bring a number of great stuff to add to our Springfield in the long run. I'm can't wait to get the bowlarama!! How exciting! :D
  • EwanW13
    18 posts
    edited December 2012
    Christmas with no competition.

Halloween was enjoyable to start with, but the Zombies spilling out of the Cemetry's, and the eggs and TP just got annoying after a while.

Christmas has brought much more to the game, including the long awaited character Barney. I also prefer the Santa's coins, as you don't have to worry about attackers to your Springfiled to get hold of

I look forward to future seasonal updates, and seeing what they have to bring. I'm hoping for a Ralph at Easter; one of his missions could be collecting eggs (and watching them drop out the basket :D ).
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I love Halloween, and loved getting the Evil Shop and cemeteries, but Christmas is just magical so it wins.
  • WaLkiNoNwAtErR
    397 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I liked Halloween.. The Zombies were dope and so was Kang. It did get a little boring towards the end and into November but oh.. If they ended it by Nov 1 I wouldn't of had to much of a problem. I liked te TP'ing and eggs to. Gave u more to do. Though the Christmas update Definitley gives us better game content it could have a little more for us to do. Caroling or even the snowballing eachothers house would be cool. Or some mini games with characters. Both updates were great but give a slight edge to Christmas for the content we get.. If they added a few things in half way through each update it would make it even better. Hopefully they will be a few surprises down the line in this Christmas update. Oh and I really wish they'd gave them winter outfits besides when doing tasks. Looks awkward and I know people gonna be losing limbs to frostbite.. Paging Dr. Hibbert to surgery
  • vercettitx
    116 posts
    edited December 2012
    Christmas by a country mile. The Halloween update was alright, but it didn't have the atmosphere of the Christmas update.
  • Deadshot_DCU
    6387 posts Moderator
    edited December 2012
    I love them both. Halloween gave me the Bad Dream House, Kang, Shop of Evil & the Cemeteries. The zombies got annoying yes, but overall it was a great update.

Christmas has given me a snow filled Springfield, Mapple Store, Santas Village & it's gonna give me Barney, Bowlarama & Santa's Little Helper.
  • gocatters
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    My vote for christmas - LOVE the snow!!

Halloween was great because it was the first major update - and a themed update I doubt many were expecting. After that we could speculate more on what future updates would bring us, so the christmas one had more scrutiny but still comes up a winner.
    Maybe the reason for this is because we were somewhat expecting this update and preparing for it? But I think we pretty much got what we were after and it just makes the game so enjoyable. Plus the christmas theme seems more durable than haloween. Rarely do you celebrate that for a month, but you do with christmas and that's why it's the winner for me!
  • jacobjdevore
    387 posts
    edited December 2012
    My kid REALLY loved squishing zombies and always asks when they're coming back. Overall, the Christmas chapter is superior by far. It's great to see Apple spoof come full circle with the addition of the Mapple store, and Barney is a universally desirable character. I think EA will be hard-pressed to maintain expectations with the lesser holidays that come next; it will probably require lots of weekly episode tie-ins.
  • shelldude402
    108 posts
    edited December 2012
    Xmas is wayyyy better :3
  • zantheman7
    264 posts
    edited December 2012
    Christmas is definitely better cuz in Halloween you had a chance of getting treats from friends but in Xmas you always get a treat from a decorated house :D
  • MrchngAnt
    108 posts
    edited December 2012
    Halloween for 2 reasons... i think it gave the idea for the coins 2. zombies... come on. walking dead meets simpsons.
  • mattyspurs639
    23 posts
    edited December 2012
    I'm going with the general consensus and siding with Crimbo. What worrys me is what seasonal update is next? Spring isn't really that big a deal is it.
  • lariatg
    94 posts
    edited December 2012
    I think the majority of Halloween Update's problem was that EA/Devs had no idea they were going to be so massively flooded by players, and also the veracity of those players....

The overly long time it was applied (a bright side to which is lots of new players got extra opportunity to get everything) was result of not being prepared to take it off, or to know when, and follow it up with another update.

Compared with Christmas' 'economy' as well, the Halloween update suffered only because they didn't know what they they were getting themselves into. With this one it feels much more 'right', and I think they've found their stride.

Which is better? Hard to say. Christmas obviously is working better in terms of the mathematics behind it and all, but Treehouse of Horror stuff is pretty high on my fav things about the Simpsons so I truly cannot say. Hank Scorpio flamethrowing Santa's Village vs. (as pointed out by MrchngAnt) the Walking Dead Simpsons.

Truly hard to choose.
  • cadhadley
    188 posts
    edited December 2012
    Definitely Xmas ! but i did love the Haloween update at first but after a while it get annoying. :x
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I liked the Halloween update, it was what caught my son's eye in the App Store and got us sucked in. However, it got old really fast and the candy just never stopped generating! Those zombies, oy, don't get me started on how bloody annoying those zombies became when the never-ending-Halloween event kept on-and-on-and-on.

So my vote is for the Christmas update. You can turn off the lights and stop generating coins when you've reached your limit while just leaving the brown houses for your visitors. Plus, I like getting characters and buildings for "free". I'm not sure I want the funzo things or Santa's Helper but I'm thrilled at getting three buildings and a new character.
  • Philbowen
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    Christmas is great, Halloween was just an annoying ball ache and now I'm lumbered with Burns Monster running around freezing his * off in a foot of snow and that irritating Krusty doll. I won't be buying any Funzo characters either as I know I'm going to be stuck with them forever...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.