EA Forums - Banner

Kudos To EA

Prev1
frogger53 wrote:
I'm going to do something out of the ordinary and post a big THANK YOU to EA, instead of posting a complaint.
Kudos to you guys for coming up with a way to inspire neighbors to visit! I know it still won't motivate everybody but it's a stroke of genius, just the same!
You get :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: from me!
I agree! I wasn't visiting my friends that much after the Xmas update, but now I have a reason to! :mrgreen:

Replies

• delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited February 2014
    Agree! Didn't get squat for visitors during valentines but now I'm getting swamped! Just like all the OTHER events.
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I say thanks it was sorely needed. just don't forget about updating the prizes once and awhile
  • Renamed8736
    231 posts
    edited March 2014
    My big concern is being a Crappy neighbour . I log on multiple times a day and tap my buildings.
    Now doing that only hoses my neighbours . What do THEY have to tap when I've collected all my $ and XP?!.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm lovin' the new update.....however, I feel like I'm going to be deleted from quite a few friends due to lack of things to tap....what to do what to do?
  • Snakeyees
    2319 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I have about 2 mil i have bought the 5 million and 3 million buildings no desire to build the other 2 (really ugly) for me i dont need Cash just as long as i have enough to build the items for the next level.

My big concern is being a Crappy neighbour . I log on multiple times a day and tap my buildings.
    Now doing that only hoses my neighbours . What do THEY have to tap when I've collected all my $ and XP?!.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm lovin' the new update.....however, I feel like I'm going to be deleted from quite a few friends due to lack of things to tap....what to do what to do?

I would plant 30 brown houses in a corner and let people tapp away they are on 5 min re spawns so if you say you tap every few hours then you would clear the handshakes and people can tap all day long.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    frogger53 wrote:
    I'm going to do something out of the ordinary and post a big THANK YOU to EA, instead of posting a complaint.
    Kudos to you guys for coming up with a way to inspire neighbors to visit! I know it still won't motivate everybody but it's a stroke of genius, just the same!
    Booom!!! +1 totally agree I think it was an awesome idea :mrgreen:
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I love it too! A system that rewards you for tapping neighbours stuff by giving you free stuff, and unlike a holiday event it has no wheel or known expiry date? LOVE that!! And FINALLY, items we've been really wanting, Homer's car, the kitty, STAMPY!! For Pete's sake why are people whining about the size of the head? Really?? Its FREEEEEE! :roll:
  • davo180
    14974 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    A good idea from EA :thumbup:
  • Ningyo42
    1465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think it's a great idea, but I would rather have it be clicking on the characters rather than the buildings so I don't have to worry about clearing my buildings every few hours and leaving nothing. But I've built some more brown houses, a few more Kwik E Marts and Gulp n Blows... So there's always something, I think. :)

*goes to build more brown houses*
  • delegg629524
    337 posts
    edited March 2014
    Thank you for posting something positive even though drooled into an idiotic whine and cheese fest! Kudos!
  • frogger53
    684 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    I think it's a great idea, but I would rather have it be clicking on the characters rather than the buildings so I don't have to worry about clearing my buildings every few hours and leaving nothing. But I've built some more brown houses, a few more Kwik E Marts and Gulp n Blows... So there's always something, I think. :)

*goes to build more brown houses*

I agree....I think you should be able to collect from characters, too. Maybe that involves too much tweeking to make it happen, but it's worth considering on EA's part.
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited March 2014
    I love it too! A system that rewards you for tapping neighbours stuff by giving you free stuff, and unlike a holiday event it has no wheel or known expiry date? LOVE that!! And FINALLY, items we've been really wanting, Homer's car, the kitty, STAMPY!! For Pete's sake why are people whining about the size of the head? Really?? Its FREEEEEE! :roll:

I love the Olmec head, no honestly I do. As for the rest, it's free I wanted them, and I'll be a happy man when I get them all. Hopefully EA will keep updating the levels to keep us all motivated. This update has added another layer to a great game, so :thumbup: EA and well done :mrgreen:
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    this is such a nice thread considering all the ones where people are always moaning, i agree with the OP (and have said this since the update was released) that this is an amazing move by EA, and a clever and unique way of getting more people to play the game. I love it, hopefully tonight when i'm able to visit my neighbours after the 24hr period has passed i'll be the proud owner of the Singing Sirloin, which i've created a space just for it in my town :)

I love this game i do :lol:
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited March 2014

My favorite thing about the Olmec Head is that it can be placed on Squidport! I think it looks fantastic guarding the entrance to my Freakshow Tent. :D
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    jae_bazz wrote:

My favorite thing about the Olmec Head is that it can be placed on Squidport! I think it looks fantastic guarding the entrance to my Freakshow Tent. :D

I have mine in Springfield Park on the opposite side to the Krusty Totem that we got at xmas - at this rate i'm gonna need to expand the park :lol:
  • frogger53
    684 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Smurf1972 wrote:

I love the Olmec head, no honestly I do. As for the rest, it's free I wanted them, and I'll be a happy man when I get them all. Hopefully EA will keep updating the levels to keep us all motivated. This update has added another layer to a great game, so :thumbup: EA and well done :mrgreen:

Yes..they intend to continue this points-earning system indefinitely. So keep tapping!
  • JoshWB123
    112 posts
    edited March 2014
    Agreed :thumbup:
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    frogger53 wrote:
    Booom!!! +1 totally agree I think it was an awesome idea :mrgreen:

I gotta agree with this. EA made the comment that who knew TSTO was going to be so popular (or something to that effect). Looking back, seems they were scrambling a bit trying to add new features and experimenting with different approaches in the big events. Seems they may be learning from their mistakes. This update is pretty well polished, and it shows some thought went into it. Nice update, EA!

Edit: word
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I really like this addition to the gameplay. To encourage visits to neighbors is good and the prizes are fun.

Did like Christmas and Valentines, that gave new things for veteran players and brought old items for newbies.
    What spoiled these two events for me was the horrible wheel. Did not matter if you were a dedicated player and/or spent a lot of donuts, there was no guarantee you'd get the prizes...and some people didn't! That was a BIG FAIL.

Now, I'm ready for level 39 and hopefully the Fire Hall, with its firefighters, hoses, fire truck, and even the odd Dalmatian thrown in.... or EA surprising us with some interesting characters, buildings, decorations, etc. Greedy, I know! but I got a few donuts ready to spend since Gil convinced me to buy some last December.
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited March 2014
    I really like the idea too. I tended to visit my friend's list each day anyway, but this just adds to the fun! I'm already halfway to getting the Singing Sirloin, and my friends list isn't quite full yet.
  • heyho43
    72 posts
    edited March 2014
    Oh my! EA is sooo perfect. Wish I could suck their balls too.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!