EA Forums - Banner

How far are you with FP?

Replies

• GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Maybe this is a sign that they will add FP levels very quickly. The last thing EA would want is a lot of people getting lots of free donuts for weeks at a time. If they DO add levels, I hope that each level works the way this one did ... The initial item at about 1,000 FP, leading up gradually to a big one for 5,000 or so. Rather than starting the next level at, say an item that costs more than 5,000 FP. It is good incentive to be able to leave a breadcrumb trail with lots of crumbs. Just my opinion.

It depends how many they add at at time. If they add another 5, I can see it this way. If they are adding a single level, I bet it would be in the neighborhood of 5000 (higher or lower).

If I were a newcomer starting this game I think I would be discouraged about the FP. Right now it is more important to visit neighbors than be visited (only 4 graffiti buildings gives FP when visited), so the push is to have 100 neighbors to visit. This works initially, but newcomers (and even midlevel players) can't handle 100 neighbor visits, so they are soon dropped by the neighbors. I'm going to have to drop some newcomers myself because they seem to have given up.

I don't think people would be discouraged - you said it yourself the emphasis to visit not be visited. While yes if they collect from their buildings (they obviously need to!) then long time players don't have anything to tap. I have been dropping friends where I can't tap - but I also noted the majority of those were not even visiting me. It seems this helped fish out some players that have been inactive for a few weeks. I may have only dropped perhaps 1 or 2 that were visiting me - but I had nothing in return to tap in their towns. That's more on me, others will just skip it altogether or come back later. I don't need 3 FP, so I find it as a good reason to trim my list down. I don't want 100 friends. I also like to look at good towns as well, so tend to trim major house farmers and underdeveloped towns first.
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    anyone know if you only get donuts for tagging or is it just random and doesn't matter if its tagging or tapping???
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    anyone know if you only get donuts for tagging or is it just random and doesn't matter if its tagging or tapping???

Random
  • RMVancleav710
    3540 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    thanks!!!
    crawl to the finish ID. socialdisa56
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Maybe this is a sign that they will add FP levels very quickly. The last thing EA would want is a lot of people getting lots of free donuts for weeks at a time. If they DO add levels, I hope that each level works the way this one did ... The initial item at about 1,000 FP, leading up gradually to a big one for 5,000 or so. Rather than starting the next level at, say an item that costs more than 5,000 FP. It is good incentive to be able to leave a breadcrumb trail with lots of crumbs. Just my opinion.

It depends how many they add at at time. If they add another 5, I can see it this way. If they are adding a single level, I bet it would be in the neighborhood of 5000 (higher or lower).

If I were a newcomer starting this game I think I would be discouraged about the FP. Right now it is more important to visit neighbors than be visited (only 4 graffiti buildings gives FP when visited), so the push is to have 100 neighbors to visit. This works initially, but newcomers (and even midlevel players) can't handle 100 neighbor visits, so they are soon dropped by the neighbors. I'm going to have to drop some newcomers myself because they seem to have given up.

They don't have enough buildings if they are lower leveled so you can't assume they given up it could be cause they haven't cleared the handshakes yet. Also newcomers could handle 100 friend visits it depends on how often they play
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    thanks!!!

Welcome
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Yay for getting stanky!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • kungfubeaner
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    694 FP points to go but I only make about 654 points a day lately so after visiting neighbours tomorrow I'll have 40 points left making me anxiously wait till Sunday
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    It looks like I will get Stampy tomorrow. I'm pretty excited about it. Looking forward to getting Bart to ride him!
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited March 2014
    I still need about 2500 more points for stampy. A surprisingly large number of my friends quit playing so I purged them. I'm looking for forum regulars as friends.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Just got Stampy and maxed out my friendship points. I also found two donuts while doing my rounds :mrgreen: I doubt I find more anytime soon.
  • Smurfercom
    158 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Yea got the Stamp last night to bad you have to send him on a 24hr task. Does the Simpsons house change in any way after he is done? I let him walk around until I finished tapping other neighbors so he got spot lighted for like 5 min.
  • jill_sargi934
    24 posts
    edited March 2014
    Just got Stampy and maxed out my friendship points. I also found two donuts while doing my rounds :mrgreen: I doubt I find more anytime soon.

That happened to me - got stampy halfway through friends and then got 2 donuts while visiting remaining friends. The following day of 100 visits = 0 donuts. The 3rd round of visiting friends after getting stampy =2 more donuts. 4 donuts in 250 visits.
  • jill_sargi934
    24 posts
    edited March 2014
    Smurfercom wrote:
    Yea got the Stamp last night to bad you have to send him on a 24hr task. Does the Simpsons house change in any way after he is done? I let him walk around until I finished tapping other neighbors so he got spot lighted for like 5 min.

I didn't notice any change -had him do it twice.
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Around 2,500FP till I get stampy! :-D
  • cooldaddy421
    249 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I am almost there 2 more days and I am going to have stampy Now as for my feeder towns 3 to 4 more days.
  • userjos
    65 posts
    edited March 2014
    im about half way to stampy
  • isittooearly
    181 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm about 1,000 points away from getting Stampy.
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited March 2014
    my game is crashing thanks to the news ios
    and I really want to get all the fp prizes so I can try to get donuts
    :evil:
  • fluffling
    516 posts
    edited March 2014
    I'm 18points away from Homer's Car and I've finished visiting al my neighbours
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.