EA Forums - Banner

I figured it out! Managing Origin to stop game from crashing

Yeah this completely cleared all my stability problems when I did it. Highly recommended.

Replies

  • billyread
    8 posts
    edited December 2012
    Yeah.....totally not available for Macs.
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    Went from 64 friends down to 20. Still crashes :/ i'm considering deleting everyone.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    SirEdgarA wrote:
    Went from 64 friends down to 20. Still crashes :/ i'm considering deleting everyone.

    When I was anti-social and only had two friends (one a dummy account and one my son), I never crashed and never had connectivity issues. I now have 100 friends and every single time somebody goes into my Springfield to collect coins? Danged if it doesn't crash.

    Sighs.

    This is supposed to be a social game, so why are they making it so hard to be social?

    I may have to cut my number down by half. Didn't seem to have that many issues when I was at 50. Also, I've noticed that first thing in the morning that there are no problems but as the day progresses and more and more people get on the server then the crashing begins.

    I downloaded the Origin client to my laptop and can manage my friends that way, however, it doesn't acknowledge the pending list from the ones I sent out. That was managed by signing into my account via the browser, added the name to the banned list and it vanished from my pending list.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I downloaded the Origin client to my laptop and can manage my friends that way, however, it doesn't acknowledge the pending list from the ones I sent out. That was managed by signing into my account via the browser, added the name to the banned list and it vanished from my pending list.

    Have you cleared out your invites list yet? That was the biggest improvement to stability for me. I have 100 friends but my game is pretty solid these days.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ditto. Worked for me. Now im back to 100 friends.
    Is there anyone out there?
  • SirEdgarA
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    lissarv68 wrote:
    SirEdgarA wrote:
    Went from 64 friends down to 20. Still crashes :/ i'm considering deleting everyone.

    When I was anti-social and only had two friends (one a dummy account and one my son), I never crashed and never had connectivity issues. I now have 100 friends and every single time somebody goes into my Springfield to collect coins? Danged if it doesn't crash.

    Sighs.

    This is supposed to be a social game, so why are they making it so hard to be social?

    I may have to cut my number down by half. Didn't seem to have that many issues when I was at 50. Also, I've noticed that first thing in the morning that there are no problems but as the day progresses and more and more people get on the server then the crashing begins.

    I downloaded the Origin client to my laptop and can manage my friends that way, however, it doesn't acknowledge the pending list from the ones I sent out. That was managed by signing into my account via the browser, added the name to the banned list and it vanished from my pending list.

    I know what you mean, I do enjoy going to others springfield for coins,etc. It's kinda a drag really and i might just cut the number down to 10 if it keeps crashing.
  • 95LRF
    152 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    If you want to get rid of the pending friends at the bottom just block them then they go off.
  • QCOuTLaWz
    596 posts
    edited December 2012
    I play BF3 on PC and been using origin for a long time,I never have more than 1-2 pending requests and always decline/accept them and my game crashes every 2-3mins. Only way I can avoid that is by clicking the milhouse/bart icon every 1min and a half-2mins to sync my game and ''reset'' the timer. EA seriously need to fix this **** if they ever want more of my money on this game.
  • lissarv68
    5588 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    I downloaded the Origin client to my laptop and can manage my friends that way, however, it doesn't acknowledge the pending list from the ones I sent out. That was managed by signing into my account via the browser, added the name to the banned list and it vanished from my pending list.

    Have you cleared out your invites list yet? That was the biggest improvement to stability for me. I have 100 friends but my game is pretty solid these days.

    The people asking me to be their friends? I am able to decline them as soon as they come in so that hasn't been an issue. What was an issue was the 20+ pending and I still have 5 stubborn that refuse to delete. I've added them to the banned list, removed them, re-added them and they just will not go away.
  • adruralo
    3289 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    billyread wrote:
    Yeah.....totally not available for Macs.
    Origin have been saying for quite a long time that it will be available for Macs.
    Their latest statement is that it will be available next February.
    Mmm we will see.
    iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone XR (Red product)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.