EA Forums - Banner

Who else has been victimized by the wrong town feature?

Prev13456712
Mopurglar
1048 posts Member
That's a lot of donuts. I would be pissed.

Replies

• katcheson8934
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Hasnt happened to me. Thankfully, but I see where your coming from. You did a good thing by taking photos of your town and donuts. So maybe it wont be as bad of a hit that it could have been. I just dont understand why people would do something like that. If I l8gged into the wrong town I would immediately leave then try logging into my town again. Thats just me though. Sorry your go7ng through this. Hope it gets taken care of quickly.
  • slacker001
    97 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh man, I am so sorry that's happened to you. Like Katcheson said, if I logged into a town that wasn't mine, I'd be logging back out ASAP. Hope they can get this straightened out quickly for ya.

Maybe EA needs to put some kind of password protect on the donut spending, or even some kind of feature when you try to purchase something with donuts it sends an email to you that you have to verify before it allows the purchase to go through. It may take longer to get the purchase done, but at least if someone was in your town trying to spend what isn't theirs, you would be notified right away.

• cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    This is very horrible. I should start snapping my info on the left side of the screen. I'm a freemium player and I had saved up 100 donuts and got Brandine. (Really wanted to save up for Professor Frink) Back at 1 donut now I play daily and pop the balloon in KL daily multiple times to try and get the donut bonus and balloon donut. I'll save those donuts for Frink this time.... Unless I see some new exclusive character I want

Hope everything works out and you get everything back
  • Zozobras
    608 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The FAILURE - and a big one - is with EA's development team; this problem has been reported repeatedly in this forum and the Bugs & Issues one for months! Looks like nothing has been done!!

It shouldn't be possible to log into any town but your own.

Not safe to expend money in this game as long as EA doesn't stop the possibility of an intruder coming into your town to bankrupt and wreck it.

Very unprofessional and incompetent too.

I hope you get your money back Mopuglar. Don't let them get away with this mess!
    I HATE CRAFTING. CRAFTING? Bah! Humbug!
    tstoforum
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Agh! That's horrific!

Almost makes me glad I don't have many donuts :? But I would still be so steaming mad if someone messed with my town. And I can't imagine doing something like that. I don't even mess about with the layout of my significant other's town without his permission, and he basically never plays anymore. I log in once a day to clear handshakes, set tasks, and visit his neighbors. But if something gets unlocked and needs placing, I leave it for him or ask him about it, and I never buy anything. That's just so unconscionable.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Terrible news. I hope there's a silver lining and EA makes everything right for you.
  • barrymcerlea
    2095 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Happened to me and I was told I had either sped tasks up or spent them... And they were willing to credit my account with a measly 15 donuts. Good luck getting any help :?
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Sorry to hear this has happened to you :( I honestly cant believe why people would do this to someone's town when as soon as you log in you know whether it your town or not :(

Hope EA Can help you with what has happened
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Damn sorry to hear about u losing a load of donuts hope u b able to get it sorted
  • Ataccounting
    84 posts
    edited March 2014
    Saturday night I logged in as normal. As I did I was told I had not logged out on another device did I want to continue. Although I have another device I rarely play on it so I thought it was a little odd. Everytime I cancelled and tried to log back in I would get the same message.

Finally I gave up and clicked through to play. Just before the town appeared I noticed the login name had changed but it was too late and another users town appeared. I clicked on a couple of brown houses in the landing zone (figured a little good might as well come from it) and logged out.

After that any attempt to log in would bring my user name up, but the other users town. Just as I was filling out a report to EA the town reset back to my town and I kind of forgot about it, just wrote it off as a glitch.

Normally I log in to find my town missing (odd to say normally, but it has happened so often I just accept it now)
  • darrenholm736
    1277 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I just dont understand why people would do something like that. If I l8gged into the wrong town I would immediately leave then try logging into my town again.

It's only ever happened to me once and that's exactly what I did - immediately logged out and logged back in again and I was back in my own SF. Scary to think you could have some random stranger running amok in your Springfield!

:( :shock:
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Some people are scum! I really don't see what they get out of it, it's pathetic! I've logged in to a couple of other towns in the past and logged straight out. I'd like to think anyone who accidentally ended up in my town would do the same :evil:
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited March 2014
    That's terrible. About the Funzos, I mean.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    That's terrible. About the Funzos, I mean.

:lol: Cheap shot on the poor funzos :lol:
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited March 2014
    EA really need to work out why this is happening. It's terrible that they've let something like this go on for so long.

It's never happened to me, thankfully. If I ended up in someone else's town I'd just log out again. I don't get why people think they have the right to spend other people's donuts.
  • alexeliz3
    88 posts
    edited March 2014
    I was logging into my town yesterday and it said my account had not been saved on the other device. I thought that was weird since I only actively play on my iPhone. When I hit play now, I was suddenly in someone else's town. I had no choice but to collect a reward they had waiting before I could log out. When I did that and got back to the home screen, I tried logging into my town and it said it had been logged into on another device. I managed to get into my town finally and thankfully nothing changed. However, this is the second time I have gotten the message that my town was logged in somewhere else. With that being said, before the end of the day today, I plan on changing my password. Anyway, i am sorry that you got the crap end of the stick with the wrong town glitch. Hopefully EA will help you out. Best of luck!
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Not a horror story! Actually pretty cool! Someone I know had someone actually give them 50 donuts and wrote Your Welcome in the town :)
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    alexeliz3 wrote:
    I was logging into my town yesterday and it said my account had not been saved on the other device. I thought that was weird since I only actively play on my iPhone. When I hit play now, I was suddenly in someone else's town. I had no choice but to collect a reward they had waiting before I could log out. When I did that and got back to the home screen, I tried logging into my town and it said it had been logged into on another device. I managed to get into my town finally and thankfully nothing changed. However, this is the second time I have gotten the message that my town was logged in somewhere else. With that being said, before the end of the day today, I plan on changing my password. Anyway, i am sorry that you got the crap end of the stick with the wrong town glitch. Hopefully EA will help you out. Best of luck!
    Now whenever I visit a feeder town on the same device I get the not saved message. That has been occurring since they revamped the iOS login.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    rolybert7 wrote:
    alexeliz3 wrote:
    Now whenever I visit a feeder town on the same device I get the not saved message. That has been occurring since they revamped the iOS login.

It's not just IOS I get that on Android as well but I only use one device and nothing has been changed for me.
    Also OP good luck hopefully EA helps you also if you had it on check your confirm donut spend to see if they messed with it
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Mopurglar wrote:
    Sure enough, I came home this evening to see that someone without a conscience did indeed end up in my town and proceeded to deplete my donut balance by spending 1862 donuts. He actually went out of his way to buy every useless premium item he could -- all of the Funzos, boardwalk performers, Krustyland mascots, and dogs; a Krusty fountain; a Whack-a-Mole. Nothing I would even remotely want. He also rushed my friendship level to max, took my Escalator to Nowhere out of storage, and tried to drop some dumb design elements in parts of my town.
    This is a pretty big fear of mine. I have ended up in the wrong town before, logged out quickly and then went back to my normal town immediately. I can only hope that someone who stumbles on to my town this way, would do the same.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.