EA Forums - Banner

BREACH OF PRIVACY: NO RESOLUTION to Accessing Wrong Lands

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Funchal13 wrote:
    Looks to me that it would be better to all of us if people list their names in only one thread, rather than all over the place.

Wouldn't it help if there was some "pinned" thread for this?
    No, unfortunately a lot of people don't check stickies (or anything at all) before they post.
  • craigdib
    2 posts
    edited March 2014
    This has been happening to me for the last week. I was continually being logged out of my account and getting warnings that I'd logged in from another device or that my other device didn't save my progress.

I didn't twig what was happening until I was logged into another player's Springfield this morning.

I've reported it as a security incident with EA. I suggest others do the same!
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Wonder if EA is working to solve this problem; but the answer seems to be NO!, as there are new threads each day about this great FAIL.

This is unacceptable. By playing TSTO and/or using their Origin sign-in program, potential hackers are allowed in our game! We are at their mercy and from what I read in the multiple post about it, nothing is being done.

Shame. :twisted:
  • Funchal13
    279 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    No solution to this problem. Any news EA?????
  • Neenner
    32 posts
    edited March 2014
    I had an issue 2 days ago....

I went to logg in to my town and found it was sitting on someone else's user name. I immediately logged the person out and signed back into my account.

Just wanted to say thanks to you all because if it wasn't for reading this thread a while ago I wouldn't have noticed it and would have ended up in someone elses town.

• alealeale73
    96 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Today I started Tapped Out and I didn't noticed I was logged off (and I NEVER log off), so the game started with an empty town.
    I tried to login and the first attempt failed because of wrong password, while I'm 100% sure it was correct.
    After the second successful attempt I entered my SP but a couple of minutes later I got the message about my SP being accessed from another device and the game quit. And I have no other device.
    So I started it again and luckily it seems that everything it's all right.

Edit:
    What I have to do now? Change password? Is that enough?
  • ElectroString
    238 posts
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Aaaaaaaand I just opened the game and saw a town that wasn't mine for about two seconds before I got this screen:

c593b761-97c6-4c76-845a-7b9fb68c1dff_zps415cae27.png

Restarted and got my own town back. Whew.
    i had this yesterday, clearing handshakes... can't connect to server appeared, then after retry that screen. immediately closed down ipad, and restarted to find my own town, luckely without anything changed!
  • pattimesseng
    132 posts
    edited March 2014
    This happened to me tonight. I got a message that I hadn't saved my game on a different device. I don't use a different device. Just my ipad. It took me to the wrong town. I got out without doing anything. I do hope if someone finds themself in my town that they are as honest.

EA, please fix this problem!
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    This just happened to me for the first time. Went to check the game, said I was logged into another device and it hadn't saved, pressed continue. Looked at the name in the origin box and it was a player with the name "airds" I believe. Immediately pressed logout, never even saw the town. Still, this is a huge problem that needs to be addressed. No onee's account is safe under these circumstances.
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bumping this. Until it gets resolved, it needs to stay on the front page! :x
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    There's yet another thread about serious loss of donuts, items, and cash. This problem really needs to be resolved. If they can't stop access to the wrong town, they need to introduce theft prevention measures, like an additional password lock on donuts, or a two-step confirmation to log in on unauthorized devices.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    If anybody is missing item or donuts, please report it to this thread in the Answer HQ, if you can.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/LOST-ITEMS/m-p/2588786#U2588786
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    If anybody is missing item or donuts, please report it to this thread in the Answer HQ, if you can.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/LOST-ITEMS/m-p/2588786#U2588786
    Bump so people can see this.
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    There's got to be a way of letting people know you've been in their town. How about a half turn of the Simpsons House. It's a good way to let someone know they've been a victim without doing any damage.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    There's got to be a way of letting people know you've been in their town. How about a half turn of the Simpsons House.
    Not a bad idea, but probably not possible in most towns, since there's bound to be stuff behind it. What about a half turn of Jebediah? I think he takes up the same space no matter which way he faces.
  • edited March 2014
    My town has been trashed and all my donuts are gone:(.
  • theyankees220
    29 posts
    edited April 2014
    Funchal13 wrote:
    This problem has not been solved, as stated on the sticky notice at the top of this forum.

There are still numerous players reporting either entering an unknown town, or having their town bankrupt/wrecked by an intruder.

Here is one of the threads reporting this ongoing Breach of Privacy
    , started a few hours ago:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10007943.page

EA needs to work to stop this problem, it is NOT RESOLVED!
    I HIGHLY AGREE! Luckily that never happened to me but this is crazy! I have 9 million dollars and a lot of premium items and if this glitch happens to me and if I lose all my premium items then I'm going to play the Family Guy game so I hope this gets fixed soon.
  • radical-rachael
    49 posts
    edited April 2014
    I am livid. For the THIRD time in 2 weeks (after being creeped on yesterday, for crying out loud) a stranger has accessed my town and caused a ruckus. This is shameful. If EA can't secure their servers then the game should be off line until they can. This is a nuisance not to mention a breech of security.

I'm losing faith in this company and their product. Now to continue waiting for "customer service".

Worst. Response. To. Customer. Demands. EVER.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/15/10044531.page

Thread details one customer's experience with being assured this issue has been resolved, followed by multiple reports of it happening today.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Considering how important this is, I'm often amazed at how quickly it falls off the front page.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!