EA Forums - Banner

How long does it take u to visit 100 friends?

Replies

• vitorcr1999
    332 posts
    edited March 2014
    20-25, but during events I make in 30-35 because of choosing buildings, going to KL and my daily crash (Everyday there is 1 crash, and I guess its always at the same city).
  • dmorgado
    122 posts
    edited March 2014
    took me a whole hour yesterday :cry:
  • Smurf1972
    353 posts
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    All depends on whether I got to search the persons town for buildings to tap but on average I'd say around 40-50minutes to visit all 100 people

It all depends on how hard it is to find the graffiti buildings, it's taking me more like an hour and ten to get through them all, but then I follow a set search pattern, even if I know the locations, like I posted before OCD :lol:
  • GeminiTina
    330 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Normally, takes me the time needed to watch The Daily Show. Since I fast forward commercials, that's about 20 minutes for 97 friends. 8)
  • wrkingrl509
    98 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Usually about an hour for me.
    I try to search for graffiti most of the time and waste way too much time trying to find a building to tap when my friend's towns are not cleared regularly. Plus there's always some annoying ESPN or NHL pop-up that interrupts me halfway through that kicks me back to my town and adds on some more loading time.

Also, when you guys say you only take 10-20 minutes, do you collect the xp and dollars and wait for the pop-up that says you've helped your friend?
    I'm always paranoid that if I don't pick it up or see the pop-up I won't earn the points.
  • Mustang63014
    31 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Takes me about an hour, but I always try to leave "good" taps. Spray cans if I can find them, otherwise buildings with the longest clock times. It's stupid to waste a tap on the Simpson house or a brown house. You're resetting the clock to start the next payout for them, so if there's no spraycan or floating Squidport tile, Burns Manor or Crypto Barn are my second choices.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Do you collect the xp and dollars and wait for the pop-up that says you've helped your friend?
    I'm always paranoid that if I don't pick it up or see the pop-up I won't earn the points.

Don't bother waiting for that you don't need to, nor do you need to collect the XP and cash! :D The only thing I would suggest doing is waiting the one second it takes for the graffiti can to stop spraying, as it occasionally hasn't credited me (and I saw someone else say this the other day) if it's still spraying when you leave the town.
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Do you collect the xp and dollars and wait for the pop-up that says you've helped your friend?

Don't bother waiting for that you don't need to, nor do you need to collect the XP and cash! :D The only thing I would suggest doing is waiting the one second it takes for the graffiti can to stop spraying, as it occasionally hasn't credited me (and I saw someone else say this the other day) if it's still spraying when you leave the town.

To add, I only leave when I see the money start to spill out. If I leave before then, it's still 1 missed action.
  • Bravewall
    4244 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It takes me a little over an hour. I'm actually pretty surprised at how fast some of you can do it. I'm on an older device, so I assume that the people with newer, faster devices have much less load times.
  • darrenholm736
    1285 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    For most events I end up spending about an hour...

I go hunting for specifics which maybe why I take longer than others, for example: this event I hunt for the police station, school, moe's and city hall to help my neighbors.

Every point helps!

Yep, this is exactly what I do, so it usually takes me about an hour to clear my 100 neighbours.
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited March 2014
    Around forty minutes or so? I've never really timed myself, but I know its over half an hour.
  • slayer59a393
    15 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Around 40 for me. I really dislike it !! =\
  • canadianspring
    410 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    It takes me a little over an hour. I'm actually pretty surprised at how fast some of you can do it. I'm on an older device, so I assume that the people with newer, faster devices have much less load times.

It takes me about 40 min, sometimes a little longer if things to tap are hard to find. I look for places to graffiti before I tap anything else. I figure if I want them to graffiti my town I had better do the same.

I'm also surprised that anyone can visit 100 friends in 10 minutes. Not just surprised, a little skeptical that it can be done. That means they are spending 6 seconds on each town, assuming that there are buildings to tap right on the landing zone and not accounting for loading times. I always assumed that loading times were not based just on the device being used but also dependant on the server. Some of my friend towns load considerably slower than other towns which I don't think is completely the result of the device I am using but rather the size of the town I am visiting.
  • JcSnl
    274 posts
    edited March 2014
    50 minutes plus.
    All depends on where the spray cans are!
    Same here! Looking for those 4 spray can buildings takes a lot of time. Just like looking for the stackables before the Valentines event. I liked the Christmas and Valentines event, because you did not have to search for specific things to tap. I know it isn't a requirement, but I just cannot bring myself to just tap the first 3 things I see. If I want my neighbours to tap my spray cans I have to return the favour.
  • gidgetteandivory
    120 posts
    edited March 2014
    About 40 minutes. I just put something on TV that is halfway mindless and tap away.
  • kandycanada
    395 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Several sun lit days and a bottle of vodka.

I can't visit more than 4 friends today without getting completely kicked out of the game. It's taken 10 minutes just to complete 2 actions in one friend's GD town. In 21 minutes I have visited 5 people. This is ridiculous.

I officially give up visiting today. I've lost count at how many times I got kicked out today. Over 10 times. I started visiting yesterday, got kicked out every 5 friends, only made it through 40 people. Today I was trying to hit up ones I missed. Only got 5. I'll try to get more tomorrow. I'm thinking 3 days, just to get everyone.

When this stupid FP event started, I could visit everyone in about 30 minutes. Now, I can't even visit half of them in that time.
  • frogger53
    686 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It goes a lot quicker since they added the arrow.
  • jukan00
    2320 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    40-50 minutes. It's become too much for me. I have a a few friends who are really nice and graffiti my buildings and for that I'm grateful but if they stopped it would be fine. There's too much pressure for me to play a big chunk of the day. Pressure. From a game that I love because you set tasks and forget about it for hours. I feel silly saying I'm "pressured". I'm just going to have to take it slower and get over any self imposed guilt about being a "good neighbor".
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited March 2014
    Just visited all 100 neighbours tonight :wink:
  • incantoscuro
    22 posts
    edited March 2014
    40-45 minutes ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.