EA Forums - Banner

selecting things.... GRRRR!

Prev1
I know especially during a redesign :cry:

Replies

• Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Agreed! It can be really frustrating when you want to move a tree and you highlight the tree next to it, then the tree behind it, then the house over there, then the store over there, then the school at the other end of the town ...
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:
    Agreed! It can be really frustrating when you want to move a tree and you highlight the tree next to it, then the tree behind it, then the house over there, then the store over there, then the school at the other end of the town ...

^THIS!

HAHAHAH!!! but seriously tho, took me 2 minutes to click the escalator... i ended up moving all the fence around it just so there was nothing nearby to click and it finally worked.... i want a blood-tears emoticon...
  • vitorcr1999
    332 posts
    edited March 2014
    And then when you give up on moving that item and decide to move the one next to it, the first thing its highlighted is the item before.
  • ericborovay
    104 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:

That's so true. I sit here yelling at my phone when ever I try a redesign.
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Haha yes, I agree with all of the above. I have to remember to take deep breaths when moving items :lol:
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Seriously this is so annoying... and then there are certain things I find that just WONT highlight.. one of them being the flagpole. Having to select 12 different things before it actually gets what you want is so frustrating.. and then you go to move the next thing but accidentally tap the wrong thing and you have to sit there again -_-
  • LPNintendoITA
    11660 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    Kozzi59 wrote:

^THIS!

HAHAHAH!!! but seriously tho, took me 2 minutes to click the escalator... i ended up moving all the fence around it just so there was nothing nearby to click and it finally worked.... i want a blood-tears emoticon...
    7YiYDuP.png
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    atiq_ruhel wrote:
    Kozzi59 wrote:

^THIS!

7YiYDuP.png

OMG! that is perfect!! thanks :)
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh good, I thought it was my fat fingers picking the wrong things
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    I think the game heard me complain because it suddenly got even harder to select anything... 7YiYDuP.png
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited March 2014
    I used some Staples points and bought a blue tooth mouse that make thing a lot easier... You can use the mouse and pointer to hit the target about 99%. I really only use it for redesign or intricate designing
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    My theory is that they made the selection zones much bigger than the items. When items are near each other, all of these selection zones overlap. They probably figured that small phone screens would make precise tapping difficult and thought that they were doing everyone a favor.
  • Mopurglar
    1048 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I eventually learned to work with it. If the wrong item gets selected, I either store the item in my inventory or move it way out of the field.

If I know it'll be several taps before I get to the object I want, I simply go to the neighbors screen and come right back to reset things. Try it.
  • kristiangrassy
    26 posts
    edited March 2014
    I find zooming in helps this problem.
    Also try alternating between the tick and the cross when the wrong item is selected.

But agreed... Very frustrating! :x
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    This can be very frustrating for sure, i was trying to move some items around last night and in the end after struggling for what felt like 10mins i stored everything around it to get to the item i wanted and then had to put everything back again :evil:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • VoiceofScully
    153 posts
    edited March 2014
    Combine this with that lag from clicking concrete, rivers, or roads that some people are getting and it makes remodeling almost impossible. Yet, somehow, we have to make do.
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Oh good, I thought it was my fat fingers picking the wrong things

Lol I was literally about to say the exact same thing! :lol:

• AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Combine this with that lag from clicking concrete, rivers, or roads that some people are getting and it makes remodeling almost impossible. Yet, somehow, we have to make do.

+1
    This has been like this for 2 years and the fix is going to be (some math here) 32 of Neveruary.
    The last few months the lag was 10-20 min. :?
  • ElectroString
    238 posts
    edited March 2014
    a very annoying issue this is, but it's down to the game engine used i fear :(
  • theslayer369
    2002 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Thank goodness other people have the same difficulty selecting - I thought it was just me. I feel much better knowing I'm not on my own. :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.