EA Forums - Banner

vacation mode!

I like this idea, just a simple addition to the options panel which would put Vacation next to a players name. Only catch is remembering to turn it off when you return from your holiday - something which i forgot to do once with my email address and oopsie, lots of important stuff missed from people :oops:

Replies

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I love this idea! I'm going away for a few days at the end of the month and have another holiday booked for May, so this would really come in handy! my hotels both have free wifi but I might not have the time to play, and very doubtful I'd have the time to visit neighbours.
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited March 2014
    That would be a brilliant idea! I'd definitely be behind something like that.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    :lol: I'll be honest, unless I know them, I wouldn't let a vacation notice stop me from replacing them.
  • DamnedDonuts
    231 posts
    edited March 2014
    You can just have it where you set the start and stop times in advance so you dont forget to turn it on or off.

I have a couple email accounts that let me do this. Kinda handy. 8)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    This is quite a good idea :)

They could give the simpsons house a new skin with a banner saying "On my Holidays" or "On Vacation"

Although to me when i go on holiday i always make sure where we go has wifi or at the very least some 3G connection
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • TheLadySimsalot
    339 posts
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    This is quite a good idea :)

They could give the simpsons house a new skin with a banner saying "On my Holidays" or "On Vacation"

Although to me when i go on holiday i always make sure where we go has wifi or at the very least some 3G connection

This is a great idea. I have to be away from the game sometimes, and there's not an easy way to let friends know.
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The very fact that your worried about this is proof that you need a vacation.
    If I may pass on a word of advice, do not buy a ridiculously over priced data package and fire up an iPad at the swim up bar! People will laugh at you. On the upside, I think a few more Mexicans are now hooked.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Agreed or if not then I think adding either a message system in game or having the origin client as an actual app not just PC
  • subii42
    2737 posts
    edited March 2014
    A holiday never stopped me :)

Hotel wifi, got to make sure there is one :)
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    There's always some time to play. I mean, you still need to use the bathroom on vacation, yeah? :lol:
  • ElectroString
    238 posts
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    There's always some time to play. I mean, you still need to use the bathroom on vacation, yeah? :lol:
    hah hah... i already see the faces of the family after being an hour in the bathroom :D
  • beeblebrox900
    1314 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm not that ruthless that I will dump a neighbour if he hasnt played for a couple of weeks, I've had most of my neighbours a long time and dont usually drop someone unless I am sure they have stopped playing for good especially if I like their town. Would like some longer tasks though to allow you to have a week off but still be earning though.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    I'm not that ruthless that I will dump a neighbour if he hasnt played for a couple of weeks, I've had most of my neighbours a long time and dont usually drop someone unless I am sure they have stopped playing for good especially if I like their town. Would like some longer tasks though to allow you to have a week off but still be earning though.

Like Apu's 7day shift? As long as it's not a required task I agree
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!