EA Forums - Banner

Never again reset your Christmas houses and lose coins!

i cant believe this was buried. thats some pretty useful information. thank you

Replies

• caprici424
    300 posts
    edited December 2012
    Wow, great tip! And it's pretty cool that you only have to do it once and it applies to all of your different houses.
  • SNE4K
    241 posts
    edited December 2012
    Does it not only reset on the simpsons house ? Because before I changed the decade of my brown house by mistake.. And it didnt reset...I think it because there are still many other brown houses with the decorations on...obviously with the simpsons house and Flanders house that is the only one like it

So just be carefull with the unique buildings...Willys shack also and so on
  • lisamaseyk
    55 posts
    edited December 2012
    Veggiefox wrote:
    After accidentally resetting a house again I noticed when that menu is up in the top right corner is a minus sign. If you click that it shrinks the menu which prevents you from accidentally resetting the coin generator!
    You only have to click it on one house and it works on all the houses. It even seems to stay that way when you log out and log back in :)
    (Sorry if this is old news but I haven't seen it posted anywhere)

Thank you so much - have done that a couple of times now - real Doh! Moments - now I'm safe . Cheers
    Lisajane123
  • Veggiefox
    95 posts
    edited December 2012
    You're welcome :) I'd done it several times too.
    SNE4K, someone said if you change it back before closing out that it doesn't reset but it still reset for me. Maybe it is only certain building but I don't remember which houses they were now.
  • itsmedanshep
    565 posts
    edited December 2012
    It doesn't hold for too long when you do it though. I usually have to do it a couple times a day, even when I click the minus. Note for when you click it: If you have multiple outfits for a character (Homer/Ned/etc.), you also lock in the character that you are currently using. It's not a huge deal if you want to switch outfits, you just hit the button (I think it turns to a plus then), and then you can do what you want again.
  • roadrunner1132
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    Now if they could do it for accidentally using donuts to speed up house tax collection etc. :/
  • Amazin2u
    215 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Great tip...thanks. Thought I had reset a couple of my houses previously.
  • Eggman81
    4 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had figured this out recently too. Only after accidentally resetting the coin counter 3 or 4 times. Ugh, so annoying. Sometimes when I open a house, though, the menu is open again. Has that happened to anyone else?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.