EA Forums - Banner

While in someone elses town...

Prev1
I don't know how I didn't see they other entirely realted post about this very topic, can someone put my message where it belongs?

Thanks!

Replies

• brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited March 2014
    For future reference, you really shouldn't mess around with anyone's town. I know if be ticked of I saw anything like that in my town, even though you didn't spend donuts or anything (I hope).

You should have just logged out and messaged the person on origin to let them know.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Yea I agree you should of just logged out if they had a strict schedule for visiting you messed it up.
  • bren1960
    1631 posts
    edited March 2014
    Don't ever play someone's game. Log out :evil:
  • theredjacket
    526 posts
    edited March 2014
    How do the people who are getting logged in to know that they've been logged in to if we don't leave them a message. If we do nothing, then they don't report it, then it wont get fixed. They only people reporting it are the people getting screwed by the few 🎃🎃🎃🎃 heads who mess things up.

Also, is there a way to know whose town your in, in order to let them know because I couldn't figure it out.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    i was connected to the wrong town last night
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    How do the people who are getting logged in to know that they've been logged in to if we don't leave them a message. If we do nothing, then they don't report it, then it wont get fixed. They only people reporting it are the people getting screwed by the few 🎃🎃🎃🎃 heads who mess things up.

Also, is there a way to know whose town your in, in order to let them know because I couldn't figure it out.
    Leaving a message might be one thing but going through the friends list and tapping buildings? What possessed you to do that? Who cares how many FPs someone else has. You think you might be doing them a favor when chances are you're just going to make the person angry. I'm furious just reading your message.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Leaving a message might be one thing but going through the friends list and tapping buildings? What possessed you to do that? Who cares how many FPs someone else has. You think you might be doing them a favor when chances are you're just going to make the person angry. I'm furious just reading your message.

He did not do anything wrong.
    Maybe he should not have done it but basically all he did was save the other player some time with friend visits.
    I would be upset at first if i connected and seen a message in my town that showed someone else was connected but if i then noticed that none of my donuts were spent and none of my stuff was sold and all my friend visits for the day were complete i would not really be upset. just relieved it was someone with a heart that got connected.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2014
    they really need to fix this it's embarrassing for EA that this is happening..

can they restore your town if someone sells buildings etc? or just refund you donuts
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014

Agreed plus they know someone has been logged in if there town has been messed with which is what you did
  • johnny50373
    2767 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    df7b7f5a-0bd1-46b5-bc5b-5a48fbbcf2bb_zpse6f9d170.png
    I left the person that message, so that they would know that I had been there, more than anything, and then I went to visit their friends to see if I could get ahold of someone to let them know what happened and it was my friends, so I visit every one of them and got the person from 300 something to 900 something Friend Points and then logged out.

I probably shouldn't have done anything but I think people need to know that it's happening so that they can report it and then maybe EA will do something to fix the problem.
    It sounds like you were trying to help but you shouldn't have messed with anything.
    Did you buy those fences or move them around? Is either okay?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

Absolutely agree. I'd be pretty annoyed if someone accidentally was logged into my town and did anything to it, it's my town, i have strict time schedules with visiting friends, and i seriously would be angry if that person went into them tapping away.

NEVER do anything in anyone's town, if you get logged in, log out immediately, if you know the person on the forum here, PM them immediately to let them know.

I'd do it if i found myself in someone elses town, i'd expect the same in return

I know this post might be mean sounding, and i apologise to everyone, i'm sure the OP had good intentions until i read about tapping away in that person's neighbours towns, it's just a big NO-NO :evil:
  • juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

Absolutely agree. I'd be pretty annoyed if someone accidentally was logged into my town and did anything to it, it's my town, i have strict time schedules with visiting friends, and i seriously would be angry if that person went into them tapping away.

NEVER do anything in anyone's town, if you get logged in, log out immediately, if you know the person on the forum here, PM them immediately to let them know.

I'd do it if i found myself in someone elses town, i'd expect the same in return

I know this post might be mean sounding, and i apologise to everyone, i'm sure the OP had good intentions until i read about tapping away in that person's neighbours towns, it's just a big NO-NO :evil:

Completely agree with this and all the above comments. If you accidentally get logged into someone else's town, just log straight out - don't touch ANYTHING! It happens to me quite a lot and I wouldn't even think about doing anything!

Treat others as you'd like to be treated...
  • Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited March 2014
    Wow everyone needs to back off.

OP clearly though he was doing a nice thing by going through their friend's list, otherwise he wouldn't have done it. How many times have people here complained what a chore it is to go through the entire friend's list for FP? He was just trying to be nice, even if it turned out it wasn't the right thing to do. There's no need to be so rude about it, just politely explain what he did wrong, and leave it at that.

OP: While you had good intentions, people really don't appreciate their town being messed with.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    MaxxSpider wrote:
    He did not do anything wrong.
    Maybe he should not have done it but basically all he did was save the other player some time with friend visits.
    I would be upset at first if i connected and seen a message in my town that showed someone else was connected but if i then noticed that none of my donuts were spent and none of my stuff was sold and all my friend visits for the day were complete i would not really be upset. just relieved it was someone with a heart that got connected.
    Seconded. I would so much rather see that my friends had all been visited than that all my buildings got sold off or donuts got spent. If someone does get connected to my town, I hope it's someone inclined to do me a favor rather than trash the place.
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts
    edited March 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

If you read his OP, then you'd see that he visited his own friends - with the person's town he logged into receiving the credit of the FP earned.

So in essence, he visited his own friends (which wouldn't affect the person whose town he was in), and that person received the benefit of the money/XP/FP earned. So it probably paid for the fences purchased (hopefully). I'm not sure if it affected the visiting timers of the person's town - it may or may not have - we'll never know. Since it was the OP's friends, it doesn't sound like it would count as the person's town he was logged into.

While I would not want to see the message (as I'd have to store it), I really hope the person would log off without spending donuts (I wouldn't mind if they spent the cash). If they collected anything, that's nothing either - it will respawn. I just wouldn't want anything moved, stored/unstored, sold, or donuts spent.
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    can someone please do all my daily friend visits for me
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Azziebelle wrote:

OP clearly though he was doing a nice thing by going through their friend's list, otherwise he wouldn't have done it. How many times have people here complained what a chore it is to go through the entire friend's list for FP? He was just trying to be nice, even if it turned out it wasn't the right thing to do. There's no need to be so rude about it, just politely explain what he did wrong, and leave it at that.

OP: While you had good intentions, people really don't appreciate their town being messed with.

People are reacting as they are putting themselves in the shoes of the person's town that was logged into. People might complain about tapping friends being a "chore" but that's not up to the OP to decide. That's why people are getting angry.
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2014
    Azziebelle wrote:

People are reacting as they are putting themselves in the shoes of the person's town that was logged into. People might complain about tapping friends being a "chore" but that's not up to the OP to decide. That's why people are getting angry.

I went to visit their friends to see if I could get ahold of someone to let them know what happened and it was my friends, so I visit every one of them and got the person from 300 something to 900 something Friend Points

it was their own friends they visited if that's the case i'm not sure it will reset any timer they had on their friend list they just seemed to get credited with the friend points.

people are over reacting.. if no harm is done people shouldn't worry

• Azziebelle
    109 posts
    edited March 2014
    Azziebelle wrote:

I fully understand that. I know I'd be upset if I had that done to me.

But there's no need for everyone to chime in with 'No that's a VERY bad thing you did'. OP had good intentions despite everything, and it only really takes one post to tell him that he did something wrong. It feels a little mean to have post after post pointing out that he did an awful thing. It should have been left at a simple explanation about what he did wrong, and why he shouldn't have done it.

In the end, OP didn't do anything that would hurt the town permanently. He didn't spend donuts, he didn't store buildings, he didn't mess up the town. Yeah he really should have left things alone, but he could have done a lot worse.

In conclusion: I agree that OP needed to be told that he did something wrong, but there's no reason for so many people to jump into the thread and do that.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    tumblr_m0tq0c3odQ1qe6dvp.gif

OP shouldn't have been able to access someone else's town in the first place. Let's not lose sight of that.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!