EA Forums - Banner

Number of decorations warning

I'm up to about 6000 now, there have been times when I get a lot more crashes as my number of decorations
have risen, but this has been much better recently. It does take a bit longer for your town to load with that many
decs. There are players at or close to the max of 7500 so there's head room yet, I think. Just need more land!

:)

Replies

• bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    There's a maximum of 7500? I didn't know that. Time to stop continuing fences and hedges behind buildings, I think.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    I have noticed that towns with a lot of decorations seem to cause the game to lag or even crash, maybe that's just me, i dunno, so i do try to keep decorations to a minimum to try and make it better for people who visit my town :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    I have noticed that towns with a lot of decorations seem to cause the game to lag or even crash, maybe that's just me, i dunno, so i do try to keep decorations to a minimum to try and make it better for people who visit my town :)

I've noticed this as well, mind you it does depend on what device i am playing on tho, the iPhone5 works fine no lag but using the iPhone4 i get a few very laggy towns
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • mrjassmith
    158 posts
    edited March 2014
    dave3490 wrote:

No point having anything there that's not visible. I know it messes if you have OCD, but it really isnt worth it.
    You can also use hiding to create effects that wouldnt be possible if the entire decoration was visible.
    The exception to this is decs with bonus like the ugly valentines pond which can be hidden behind buildings.

:)
  • bonsol17
    263 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    A couple of my neighbours are a bit laggy, but worth the wait as they have fab towns. My crashes when visiting tend to be random, and not based on the amount of decoration.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.