Replies

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    The forum going downhill?

image0013575169685904f41cb.gif

How very apropos, Different strokes for different folks. I don't understand why people constantly complain about this forum and that it is better somewhere else. There are other forums available to find more to your liking. I've visited a few other places, and there are just as many complaining threads as there are here. Plenty of people enjoy this place and come here to share what they feel. It's sad that people still want to tell other people what they are sharing is bringing the forum down and what they deem is a good thread. I think it is sad that people constantly come here to tear this place down. I think either join in and help to build this place or leave and find somewhere more to your liking.
    At least let's make this the last," this forum not as good as it use to be" thread. Just dig up the same old ones and add to those. Use search function to find them

I understand where your coming from and your entitled to your opinion, but some other members, including myself have been here longer than you and made some darn good mates, these few good people have left because this forum had changed. By looking at your joining date, you joined after this forum had a complete revamp, therefore how do you even know what it was like before? I love this place aswell, that's why iam still here, but IMO it is a shadow of its former self, and unless you know otherwise I don't think it's fair to comment, iam not having a go at you by any means, your free to state your opinion and I think it's fantastic that you, along without others would like to restore it to its former glory, that's exciting, but it's not fair to "make this the last one" thread as others are simply doing what you are and that's stating there opinion.
    yeah but look at my join date :lol: you know if been here for awile :lol::mrgreen:

Ohh dont I?

MichaelScottSuspicious.gif

Lol.
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    win.gif

Lol. I know you'd appreciated this gif
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    win.gif

Lol. I know you'd appreciated this gif

vFlnIVS.gif

WOAH!!! A seinfeld gif from sky?

mindblown-kramer.gif
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    Well since jaykays not around I must admit I miss seeing them gifs :lol:
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014

Seinfeld gifs ;)

SEINFELD.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

Seinfeld gifs ;)

SEINFELD.gif

See, some people are like this when they see them

kramer.gif

Then they argue with me over them

KramerMad.gif

I say ohh yeah

kramer-o.gif

Just eat it up while you can

sein3b.gif

PLEASE!!!!
    1365.gif
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    53239-jerry-seinfeld-Im-out-gif-0qdn.gif

Well played.

giphy.gif
  • kristieashm
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    This will be my first post in this forum. I had steered clear of it because of all the gossip that surrounds it. I have checked in here and there, and it always seemed to be a happy place, except quite clearly dominated by a few regular posters. This happens with any site, I think if you look at it in terms of a "government system" the majority of the lesser high ranked individuals aren't being heard or listened to. It makes them leave, so you have a revolving door, problem.. Everyone wants to feel apart of something. So, the "Big Shots" here should start acting like leaders and not complain about a newbie! Take what I said how you want, I am not into pleasing anyone with all the drama that has gone on with this game! There is not 1 site that is not battling another! Goodluck!! Happy Tapping!
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    This will be my first post in this forum. I had steered clear of it because of all the gossip that surrounds it. I have checked in here and there, and it always seemed to be a happy place, except quite clearly dominated by a few regular posters. This happens with any site, I think if you look at it in terms of a "government system" the majority of the lesser high ranked individuals aren't being heard or listened to. It makes them leave, so you have a revolving door, problem.. Everyone wants to feel apart of something. So, the "Big Shots" here should start acting like leaders and not complain about a newbie! Take what I said how you want, I am not into pleasing anyone with all the drama that has gone on with this game! There is not 1 site that is not battling another! Goodluck!! Happy Tapping!

ShoFC1m.gifto the forum :thumbup:

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014

What you mean "dominated"? Every one has the right to post,
    It's up to the individual to do so. I also can't remember anyone here complaining about a "newbie". Anyway I could go on but I feel you need to be welcomed first, so welcome to this fine forum.
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Welcome to the forum :D
  • kristieashm
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    Thank you, I am really surprised at the welcome, I didn't expect that. I have always appreciated the relationships between the posters and the board. You have all been very supporting of each other, and I like Thea fact that your interests go beyond the game as we wait for current update. This is the only board where I have seen anything like that, a true loyalty to each other.

Being dominated i mean just that there are posters everyone wants to hear from, but remember in school when they had you pick teams for sports??? Well we all know that feeling.! Sometimes it takes so much to post for some of these people that they don't even get a response because someone else posted after or before... Does that male senses?

Of course you don't want to encourage useless posts, but a lot of people really do feel like their part of a family here! Good job, I think you are heading I'm right direction!

As far as "glory days" things won't be how they were, they will be different, but better! Remember the whole "go green" well it worked" maybe bounce ideas off each other and really think about what you want I'm a board :)
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    Thank you, I am really surprised at the welcome, I didn't expect that. I have always appreciated the relationships between the posters and the board. You have all been very supporting of each other, and I like Thea fact that your interests go beyond the game as we wait for current update. This is the only board where I have seen anything like that, a true loyalty to each other.

Being dominated i mean just that there are posters everyone wants to hear from, but remember in school when they had you pick teams for sports??? Well we all know that feeling.! Sometimes it takes so much to post for some of these people that they don't even get a response because someone else posted after or before... Does that male senses?

Of course you don't want to encourage useless posts, but a lot of people really do feel like their part of a family here! Good job, I think you are heading I'm right direction!

As far as "glory days" things won't be how they were, they will be different, but better! Remember the whole "go green" well it worked" maybe bounce ideas off each other and really think about what you want I'm a board :)

I've been around this board for a little while now and tbh with you this happens to me all the time :lol: (might be cos i talk a lot rubbish half the time lol) Sometimes people can get missed by certain conversations being had but i dont think it is really intentional, there are lots of great people here :thumbup:

May i say keep posting as it always nice to have new people join the board :)
  • nascarchamp0
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSmzdS0E7-q6vygIsIrbtq3ifM1YDSAwdcQF5dgdyzN50RiSY4rQ
    As a "Newbie" myself, I once felt like you. It was my decision to finally join in and enjoy whats good about this forum and I'm so glad I did. There are some amazing people here and they will help you with anything they can to make your game experience so much more than just tapping.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:

It's up to the individual to do so. I also can't remember anyone here complaining about a "newbie". Anyway I could go on but I feel you need to be welcomed first, so welcome to this fine forum.

It seems to me that your constant bringing up that you have been here longer is your only claim to fame. as though that gives you the right to constantly tear this forum down. It is all a matter of persective. Just because my date of entry is new, doesn' mean I haven't been lurking this thread for a long time. What you consider "glory days" didn't inspire me to join. Many people lurk here and for different reasons decide to join and not to join. You act as if your an authority on the forum just because your entry date says you have been hear longer. That one of the problems. Longevity doesn't mean your get to constantly insult and put down the people who enjoy it now. I remember you told someone (you know who), very rudely I might add, that if they didn't like it here, then they should leave. Well I offer that ypu take your own advice. This has become both lame and tiring. I like this forum, and your constant put downs are annoying, I don't mean just you. anyone who constantly tears the place down. Someone last update said the people here were pathetic for complaining about the update. I checked the "other" forum, there were four threads on the first page complaining about the same thing. I don't understand why people feel the need to come back here if they don't like. If you found somewhere better, I wish you Godspeed. This is the forum now, love it or leave it.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSmzdS0E7-q6vygIsIrbtq3ifM1YDSAwdcQF5dgdyzN50RiSY4rQ
    As a "Newbie" myself, I once felt like you. It was my decision to finally join in and enjoy whats good about this forum and I'm so glad I did. There are some amazing people here and they will help you with anything they can to make your game experience so much more than just tapping.

This is the Spirit we need around hear.
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think we can all agree that we should be excellent to each other, and treat everyone with respect and understanding. :)
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    emmcee1 wrote:

It seems to me that your constant bringing up that you have been here longer is your only claim to fame. as though that gives you the right to constantly tear this forum down. It is all a matter of persective. Just because my date of entry is new, doesn' mean I haven't been lurking this thread for a long time. What you consider "glory days" didn't inspire me to join. Many people lurk here and for different reasons decide to join and not to join. You act as if your an authority on the forum just because your entry date says you have been hear longer. That one of the problems. Longevity doesn't mean your get to constantly insult and put down the people who enjoy it now. I remember you told someone (you know who), very rudely I might add, that if they didn't like it here, then they should leave. Well I offer that ypu take your own advice. This has become both lame and tiring. I like this forum, and your constant put downs are annoying, I don't mean just you. anyone who constantly tears the place down. Someone last update said the people here were pathetic for complaining about the update. I checked the "other" forum, there were four threads on the first page complaining about the same thing. I don't understand why people feel the need to come back here if they don't like. If you found somewhere better, I wish you Godspeed. This is the forum now, love it or leave it.

Beauty, just the response I needed, now your assumptions along with many others IS what is tearing this place down, now if you think that I have a right due to my joining date and this and that, you wrong my friend and if you have been lurking for so long, how come you only seem to notice only the negative things I post? It's classic dissection, taking out what you see fits into your specific complaint, is that fair, hardly, but you have a right to your opinion, but doesn't make it right. Since you've supposidely been lurking for awhile, you would notice I just speak my mind, some just can't handle the truth as good as others can, love it or loathe it, it's your choice, but I will not sit here and cop this from someone who doesn't know a thing about me, or atleast they think they do. You can only get so much from lurking that you won't get from bring involved in a conversation. Since when do I consistantly state my joining date as my claim to fame? For crying out loud I've only been here for 12 months. Tell me one thing? Why does everyone get along with every mod? If you have been lurking for so long, you would have seen new mods promoted and I can tell you they didn't have this particular fan base before promotion. As for the "authority figure" whats that crap? I just stick up for myself and others, is that such a bad thing? Or do you fear you'll be left out of this if confrontation finds you? I also can't remember saying I didn't like this place, I just prefer it how it was, is that reponse allowed?
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Emmcee, i addressed you because you addressed me. My original post was that I was tired of people tearing this forum down, which had nothing to do with you. Once again you are under the assumption that I haven'r been lurking here for a long time. I don't understand you arguement. Yes I know these mods are new. Well not Neo and Mwdalton came later, but what does that have to do with anything. I just remember things differently than you do. it seems there was a time you couldn't have your own voice here, or offer a different opinion
    I remember people being called trolls, feminist, told, there were bigger problems in life, called pathetic and told to get a life, just because they came here to speak their mind. Offer or suggesting some thing that may not have been the popular thought, resulted in being mass attacked. Yes there were a lot of good people, but there was a lot of bad also. I like the forum now, because I can post somethimg without fear of being attacked. No it is not perfect, but to me,in some ways it's better. I really can't address most of what you have said because I don't understand what your trying to say or what it has to do with what I have said. the fact that you constantly call people out on how long they have been here just on the date they decided to join is what I am referring to. People lurk, some lurk for a long time, who are you to try to call someone out because I speak my mind on what I have seen. We are not children, I for one don't need to lie just to prove a point. believe me or don't, it has nothing to do with the fact that I am tired of people, of late , coming here a tearing this place down
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!