EA Forums - Banner

Hmmm, forum gone downhill?

13Next

Replies

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    I think we can all agree that we should be excellent to each other, and treat everyone with respect and understanding. :)

+1 :thumbup:

RXsVnQ5.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Igcognita wrote:
    Emmcee, i addressed you because you addressed me. My original post was that I was tired of people tearing this forum down, which had nothing to do with you. Once again you are under the assumption that I haven'r been lurking here for a long time. I don't understand you arguement. Yes I know these mods are new. Well not Neo and Mwdalton came later, but what does that have to do with anything. I just remember things differently than you do. it seems there was a time you couldn't have your own voice here, or offer a different opinion
    I remember people being called trolls, feminist, told, there were bigger problems in life, called pathetic and told to get a life, just because they came here to speak their mind. Offer or suggesting some thing that may not have been the popular thought, resulted in being mass attacked. Yes there were a lot of good people, but there was a lot of bad also. I like the forum now, because I can post somethimg without fear of being attacked. No it is not perfect, but to me,in some ways it's better. I really can't address most of what you have said because I don't understand what your trying to say or what it has to do with what I have said. the fact that you constantly call people out on how long they have been here just on the date they decided to join is what I am referring to. People lurk, some lurk for a long time, who are you to try to call someone out because I speak my mind on what I have seen. we are not children, I for one don't m
    Need to lie just to prove a point. believe me or don't it has nothing to do with the fact that I am tired of people, of late , coming here a tearing this place down

I just took offense to how you stated your opinion but I couldn't, that came across the wrong way and then when I complained about that, that's when it was taken further, so I reacted, if you meant no harm in what you stated, then I can't see an issue. Sorry if I misinterpreted it, just came accross the wrong way, the way I see it is that this is MY forum and I Beleive everyone should and needs to feel the same way if your a member here, simple reason being, you not going to trash or disrespect something of yours are you? Sweet as, no drama, my bad.
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Igcognita wrote:
    Emmcee, i addressed you because you addressed me. My original post was that I was tired of people tearing this forum down, which had nothing to do with you. Once again you are under the assumption that I haven'r been lurking here for a long time. I don't understand you arguement. Yes I know these mods are new. Well not Neo and Mwdalton came later, but what does that have to do with anything. I just remember things differently than you do. it seems there was a time you couldn't have your own voice here, or offer a different opinion
    I remember people being called trolls, feminist, told, there were bigger problems in life, called pathetic and told to get a life, just because they came here to speak their mind. Offer or suggesting some thing that may not have been the popular thought, resulted in being mass attacked. Yes there were a lot of good people, but there was a lot of bad also. I like the forum now, because I can post somethimg without fear of being attacked. No it is not perfect, but to me,in some ways it's better. I really can't address most of what you have said because I don't understand what your trying to say or what it has to do with what I have said. the fact that you constantly call people out on how long they have been here just on the date they decided to join is what I am referring to. People lurk, some lurk for a long time, who are you to try to call someone out because I speak my mind on what I have seen. we are not children, I for one don't m
    Need to lie just to prove a point. believe me or don't it has nothing to do with the fact that I am tired of people, of late , coming here a tearing this place down

I just took offense to how you stated people "dominating" that came across the wrong way and then when I complained about that, that's when it was taken further, so I reacted, if you meant no harm in what you stated, then I can't see an issue. Sorry if I misinterpreted it, just came accross the wrong way, the way I see it is that this is MY forum and I Beleive everyone should and needs to feel the same way if your a member here, simple reason being, you not going to trash or disrespect something of yours are you? Sweet as, no drama, my bad.

I never said anything about dominating, that was someone else. No harm, no foul.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    All thats left is for you two is to hug it out ;) only joking :lol:

Group Hug?

tumblr_lhejdkioEP1qaewo8.gif
  • emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Iam all good neo, just a misunderstanding, hey not my fault iam passionate for this place, like I said I see it as MY forum as I think everyone should think the same way as it would make this place even better as respect towards each other would be at an all time high.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Iam all good neo, just a misunderstanding, hey not my fault iam passionate for this place, like I said I see it as MY forum as I think everyone should think the same way as it would make this place even better as respect towards each other would be at an all time high.

I was only joking around you know me :lol: Its all about the luuvvvv for the forum and the people here ;)
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:
    I think we can all agree that we should be excellent to each other, and treat everyone with respect and understanding. :)

RXsVnQ5.gif

55372789c0188013b7f209519c1c62d001d8c56c94f5a8f5c2ef1667d7d4783c.jpg
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

RXsVnQ5.gif
    :lol: I was just about to post the same gif. I thought this quote was supposed to have saved the world by now.
  • kristieashm
    3 posts
    edited March 2014
    I think I may have caused some confusion for EMMCC1 and some others. I was the one who stated that the posts
    seems to be "dominated" by the same people who fill up the board. They don't really allow for any new conversation to take place.

I would like to also clarify gat EMMCC1 was very welcoming and kind, even though I knew he wanted to say something; buy he didn't.

Which I defiantly think that is a sign of someone who does have groups interest and is a good leader.. He seems to take criticism well and dishes it out too. These "debates" are what makes Simpsons fun while we wait to have an update.
    ****EMMC1 reply below***
    What you mean "dominated"? Every one has the right to post, It's up to the individual to do so. I also can't remember anyone here complaining about a "newbie". Anyway I could go on but I feel you need to be welcomed first, so welcome to this fine forum.

• emmcee1
    8388 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think I may have caused some confusion for EMMCC1 and some others. I was the one who stated that the posts
    seems to be "dominated" by the same people who fill up the board. They don't really allow for any new conversation to take place.

I would like to also clarify gat EMMCC1 was very welcoming and kind, even though I knew he wanted to say something; buy he didn't.

Which I defiantly think that is a sign of someone who does have groups interest and is a good leader.. He seems to take criticism well and dishes it out too. These "debates" are what makes Simpsons fun while we wait to have an update.
    ****EMMC1 reply below***
    What you mean "dominated"? Every one has the right to post, It's up to the individual to do so. I also can't remember anyone here complaining about a "newbie". Anyway I could go on but I feel you need to be welcomed first, so welcome to this fine forum.

Thank you for the support, finally someone who knows where iam coming from.
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The forum is good right now.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    Ever since I got promoted this forum is losing all it's cool ideas and interesting discussions. Now it's all about 'What should I buy' and 'This update sucks!' or my least favourite 'New Homer skins'

We can all agree we have too many Homer skins by now :(
  • MrJuanMata
    5344 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Ever since I got promoted this forum is losing all it's cool ideas and interesting discussions. Now it's all about 'What should I buy' and 'This update sucks!' or my least favourite 'New Homer skins'

We can all agree we have too many Homer skins by now :(
    Most updates suck around this time of the year, I only get really into it when it gets around October-December
  • brookesaywhatx
    729 posts
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I understand where your coming from and your entitled to your opinion, but some other members, including myself have been here longer than you and made some darn good mates, these few good people have left because this forum had changed. By looking at your joining date, you joined after this forum had a complete revamp, therefore how do you even know what it was like before? I love this place aswell, that's why iam still here, but IMO it is a shadow of its former self, and unless you know otherwise I don't think it's fair to comment, iam not having a go at you by any means, your free to state your opinion and I think it's fantastic that you, along without others would like to restore it to its former glory, that's exciting, but it's not fair to "make this the last one" thread as others are simply doing what you are and that's stating there opinion.
    Joined date means nothing, look at mine :lol:
  • Igcognita
    1504 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    I understand where your coming from and your entitled to your opinion, but some other members, including myself have been here longer than you and made some darn good mates, these few good people have left because this forum had changed. By looking at your joining date, you joined after this forum had a complete revamp, therefore how do you even know what it was like before? I love this place aswell, that's why iam still here, but IMO it is a shadow of its former self, and unless you know otherwise I don't think it's fair to comment, iam not having a go at you by any means, your free to state your opinion and I think it's fantastic that you, along without others would like to restore it to its former glory, that's exciting, but it's not fair to "make this the last one" thread as others are simply doing what you are and that's stating there opinion.

Agreed! If I would have joined with my Sims persona, it would pre- date this game.
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    emmcee1 wrote:
    Where did you quote that?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!