Prev13
Or maybe they clean everything up. Useless either way

Replies

• Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

But if they clean everything up, you'll have the Simpson house to tap after 45 seconds, the Kwik-E-Mart after 3 minutes and the brown house after 5. I don't care how addicted a player is, no one is constantly clearing their Simpson and brown houses throughout the day. I believe the saying goes, "One does not simply have time for that."
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    For four days I have visited all my friends, and bout 15 I couldn't do anything on, as they never cleared the handshakes. I feel lt takes me twice as long to visit because I have to go around the town and hope to find something to click on. Christmas event was nicer, you could click on people too. I try to go on a few times a day to clear handshakes. I know many can't do that. But at least once a day. That being said, I could use some new friend, I keep updated at the forum, so I'll know what to click. I visit at least 6days a week. Let's help each other.
    I do house farm a bit but nearly ready to sell most. Then to redo the town.
    Thanks everyone
    Sandi

It's likely that they aren't playing anymore. I delete if I visit 3 times with nothing to tap on. I don't need 3FP or wait around for it, so I can just cut them. That's the beauty of random friends.
  • Godbless598
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I deleted then after a week, now I need new ones please
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    bren1960 wrote:

But if they clean everything up, you'll have the Simpson house to tap after 45 seconds, the Kwik-E-Mart after 3 minutes and the brown house after 5. I don't care how addicted a player is, no one is constantly clearing their Simpson and brown houses throughout the day. I believe the saying goes, "One does not simply have time for that."

No,no,no!

If you have a building that's ready to tap your friend can tap it.
    If you have a building that you tapped your friend can tap it.
    If you and your friend tapped your building your friend can't see it to tap it. Why? That's because your building hasn't generated a handshake for you to tap yet.
    If your friend taps your building they have to wait for the building to generate a handshake and you to collect it, before they can tap on it again.
    You have to clear handshakes, everything is tapable but the building that has a handshake on it.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

If you and your friend tapped your building your friend can't see it to tap it. Why? That's because your building hasn't generated a handshake for you to tap yet.
    If your friend taps your building they have to wait for the building to generate a handshake and you to collect it, before they can tap on it again.
    You have to clear handshakes, everything is tapable but the building that has a handshake on it.
    **** are you talking about? Most buildings still have timers on them, they can't magically be tapped before the timer runs out.
  • MissGrafin
    806 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

**** are you talking about? Most buildings still have timers on them, they can't magically be tapped before the timer runs out.

Whatever you're on, share! Lol.

I do have a few town that I routinely have to re-visit to tap something, but that is because they are low level and don't have much to tap, but otherwise are good neigbours and get a lot more patience from yours truly. I also have a few larger towns that get played once every 24 hours, so I've figured out which ones and when to visit to get tappings.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The Friend Points are great, they should simply let the handshakes regenerate again. Maybe they could do a Doctor Who tie-in where the Doctor uses ancient Gallifreyan technology to restore the ability to all buildings. On the Doctor Who show, he could complain that after every Springfield visit, the TARDIS says "Doh!" incessantly for weeks.

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    For four days I have visited all my friends, and bout 15 I couldn't do anything on, as they never cleared the handshakes. I feel lt takes me twice as long to visit because I have to go around the town and hope to find something to click on. Christmas event was nicer, you could click on people too. I try to go on a few times a day to clear handshakes. I know many can't do that. But at least once a day. That being said, I could use some new friend, I keep updated at the forum, so I'll know what to click. I visit at least 6days a week. Let's help each other.
    Thanks everyone
    Sandi

If there are ppl who constantly have nothing to tap, delete them and add new friends! I found that friends I have added from the forum play everyday and I don't have the problem anymore.

Having said that, check when they were last online first as sometimes due to time differences it might just be that their town got tapped out by neighbours while they were sleeping and they cant clear them until they get up. Whenever I wake up in the morning my town is full of handshakes! :D
  • juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    The Friend Points are great, they should simply let the handshakes regenerate again.

Definitely! I'm hoping this is something EA will sort out at some point, as it's the only problem I have with the FP system.
  • Pinkspaceangel
    343 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Thanks everyone
    Sandi

If there are ppl who constantly have nothing to tap, delete them and add new friends! I found that friends I have added from the forum play everyday and I don't have the problem anymore.

Having said that, check when they were last online first as sometimes due to time differences it might just be that their town got tapped out by neighbours while they were sleeping and they cant clear them until they get up. Whenever I wake up in the morning my town is full of handshakes! :D

This is what I do when I see that, after a few times going in a town, there is still nothing to tap. If I see 4 days and more, it is a bye bye. Life is too short to get frustrated over an inactive neighboor. :)

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    Thanks everyone
    Sandi

This is what I do when I see that, after a few times going in a town, there is still nothing to tap. If I see 4 days and more, it is a bye bye. Life is too short to get frustrated over an inactive neighboor. :)

It is frustrating i always check after i visit that person, but i deleted one of my friends who I've had since my first day because they only had one building available and haven't been on in a week
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

**** don't you understand
    Build building = no tap
    Building done = tap
    Building not tapped = tap
    Building tapped = tap
    Building tapped & friend tapped = handshake = not tapable until cleared
    Your building is always tapable from the time it finishes building, the timer has nothing to do with it. Except when it has a handshake = less time (4hr wait =2hr wait approximately), you have to wait for the building to finish and generate a handshake and clear it. Then like the rest of the buildings it's ready and the timer has got nothing to do with tapping it.
    If you cleared your building 5 times I was only available for your friend to tap once.
    You cleaning a building that has 2 min to reset doesn't mean you friend has to wait 2 min to tap it, it was already to be tapped.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    AARONRTD wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

Build building = no tap
    Building done = tap
    Building tapped = tap
    Your building is always tapable from the time it finishes building, the timer has nothing to do with it. Except when it has a handshake = less time (4hr wait =2hr wait approximately), you have to wait for the building to finish and generate a handshake and clear it. Then like the rest of the buildings it's ready and the timer has got nothing to do with tapping it.
    If you cleared your building 5 times I was only available for your friend to tap once.
    You cleaning a building that has 2 min to reset doesn't mean you friend has to wait 2 min to tap it, it was already to be tapped.

I have a suggestion instead of just saying it how about you test it out and take a few screenshots with the time shown in each picture. One from your main town and another or so from a feeder town or vice versa that way you can show everyone if you're right.

Sorry if it sounds mean I wasn't trying to be I was actually being sincere about that
  • mdelliott13
    111 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    When does this Friends thing end?
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited March 2014
    When does this Friends thing end?

Never. It's not an "event". It's not going away and eventually they'll add addition prizes.
  • catalabart
    26 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I propose something like the Squidport multiple-tile glitch for the buildings where you can clean up graffiti. It would be a win-win situation. That way you can always have something to tap.
  • fastdan1
    655 posts
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

Build building = no tap
    Building done = tap
    Building tapped = tap

I have a suggestion instead of just saying it how about you test it out and take a few screenshots with the time shown in each picture. One from your main town and another or so from a feeder town or vice versa that way you can show everyone if you're right.

Sorry if it sounds mean I wasn't trying to be I was actually being sincere about that

I've tested it. If you clear a building, your neighbors cannot tap it until it regenerates the $ in your town. That's how it works for me anyway.
  • AARONRTD
    1820 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    fastdan1 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

Build building = no tap
    Building done = tap
    Building tapped = tap

I've tested it. If you clear a building, your neighbors cannot tap it until it regenerates the $ in your town. That's how it works for me anyway.

I've tested it posted in another thread and confirmed. I didn't do pics, and don't want to do it again just so you can say pics are fake. I you don't want to believe it don't.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Idk if they are gonna do this but I think itd be awesome if they release a new level of FP whenever they have a event and the FP goes towards those prizes
    AARONRTD wrote:
    fastdan1 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

Build building = no tap
    Building done = tap
    Building tapped = tap

I've tested it posted in another thread and confirmed. I didn't do pics, and don't want to do it again just so you can say pics are fake. I you don't want to believe it don't.

I don't doubt you I'm just saying that others might not believe you without proof. I clear every building whenever I can handshake or none but I always have something tappable
  • Ftball2theGroin
    594 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    Idk if they are gonna do this but I think itd be awesome if they release a new level of FP whenever they have a event and the FP goes towards those prizes
    AARONRTD wrote:
    fastdan1 wrote:
    drosax1 wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    bren1960 wrote:

No,no,no!

Build building = no tap
    Building done = tap
    Building tapped = tap

I don't doubt you I'm just saying that others might not believe you without proof. I clear every building whenever I can handshake or none but I always have something tappable

You should doubt him because he's 100% wrong. He keeps posting the same wrong info over and over but he only bothered to test it once. He used two devices and didn't give the server time to catch up to his actions in the main town so he thinks neighbors can still tap things even after you clear them, which is completely false.

Aaron, a challenge. Clear your entire town. Tap on everything clear everything. Then visit with a feeder town. Give the server a minute to catch up. Then visit with a feeder town. I guarantee you'll have nothing but the Simpson house to tap. Guarantee it. If you are right, EVERYTHING will be available to tap. I'll be waiting right here for you.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.