EA Forums - Banner

This is the funniest thing this app has ever said

sonny1618
1543 posts New member
Calvin & Hobbes is classic!! I have all of the books. Miss reading about thier adventures on a daily basis. The Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes my all time favorite comic strips.

Replies

• Roonil2
    215 posts
    edited December 2012
    I got that today too. It had been all of 20 minutes since I'd visited my town.
  • zuzupj
    1452 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I had left the game 30 seconds before I got that message!
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    zuzupj wrote:
    I had left the game 30 seconds before I got that message!

Same here. Plus the sheer fact of how many hours I play made this message frankly hilarious.
    ur_wack452 wrote:
    Calvin & Hobbes is classic!! I have all of the books. Miss reading about thier adventures on a daily basis. The Far Side and Calvin & Hobbes my all time favorite comic strips.

Well, you're not wack at all are you? I completely agree, I love The Far Side too. Calvin & Hobbes I love unconditionally though and am automatically friends with anyone else who likes it. That wallpaper is an original drawing made for me by a friend. That's me on the sled between them. :D
  • nettangel
    1589 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Ha ha too funny. If they only knew who they were sending this notice to, ha!
    I guess you need to step up your game and do the never ending tap routine Sonny.
    Get at it man.

Wow really, great artwork and a nice friend you have. Your very own customized background, very coolio!
  • bncagney
    131 posts
    edited December 2012
    I thought it was making fun of me, like "oh, you have been off for a whole 5 minutes, don't you need to check back in?" Lol
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited December 2012
    No not wack at all lol. Your friend did a hell of a job drawing it because it looks like a Waterson original!
  • petergeenen
    948 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have had Homer yelling out to me something like: "Hey! Stop what you're doing and come play with me."
    Anyone else had that?
  • El Jorge44
    189 posts
    edited December 2012
    Just got that too. this app is getting needy. lol
  • danmillerr
    2 posts
    edited December 2012
    I get it a couple of times a day, always makes me laugh and distracts me from whatever work I was doing at the time.
  • sonny1618
    1543 posts New member
    edited December 2012
    ur_wack452 wrote:
    No not wack at all lol. Your friend did a hell of a job drawing it because it looks like a Waterson original!

I know it's amazing isn't it? That's why I have it as my lockscreen, it makes me happy just to look at it.

People know how much I love them and often do things like this for me. Two people have independently made me my very own Hobbes, which is just brilliant.

nLztZ.jpg
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    I have had Homer yelling out to me something like: "Hey! Stop what you're doing and come play with me."
    Anyone else had that?
    There, there, now, Peter, it will be all right. Yes, of course we've all heard Homer call out to us when we are feeling lonely. Marge, Apu, and Lisa sometimes as well. . .

This game is becoming eerily co-dependent on its players; or is it the other way around?
  • ur_wack452
    237 posts
    edited December 2012
    sonny1618 wrote:
    ur_wack452 wrote:

I know it's amazing isn't it? That's why I have it as my lockscreen, it makes me happy just to look at it.

People know how much I love them and often do things like this for me. Two people have independently made me my very own Hobbes, which is just brilliant.

nLztZ.jpg
    Yea that is an amazing drawing and does your Hobbes come alive as well? Lol
  • scottlillo
    12 posts
    edited December 2012
    Anyone else had that?

I had that happen a few times. But, that was when I first started playing; and I have not heard it since.
  • tlindfors
    604 posts
    edited December 2012
    I also got that message today, I did think it was odd considering I was in my town the majority of the day rearranging buildings. :shock:
  • HsueEEE
    233 posts
    edited December 2012
    "Work, i thought this was a game!" - Homer J Simpson
  • elsie_d
    722 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    HsueEEE, is your username meant to be onomatopoeic, or is that a coincidence?
  • Nine9Nines
    930 posts
    edited December 2012
    I've been logged in playing on my iPad and gotten that message on my phone before. Pretty funny.
  • battyguy
    1123 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Actually the only thing i have calling me is my wife.. " are you still on that game?
    Is there anyone out there?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!