EA Forums - Banner

Insanely terrible update. How very disappointing.

Replies

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Not to join in with the complaining ;) but being we got this new leprechaun personnally i would have preferred to get this guy instead of the one we got

N._Irish_Lepracaun.png

Then we could have got the two of them to have a fight for a task :)

10997108?region=US&size=600x400

I would have loved that, i'd have them brawling 24hrs a day :lol::lol::lol:
  • irishladsoca
    398 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    Not to join in with the complaining ;) but being we got this new leprechaun personnally i would have preferred to get this guy instead of the one we got

N._Irish_Lepracaun.png

:thumbup:
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The "Under" clearly would have won this bet.

I think I nailed the trifecta for post content!

You can set your watch to his posts. The only thing more predictable are moon cycles.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/75/10016742.page#32190037

Congrats, you managed to predict that I'd say that a bad update is bad.
  • incantoscuro
    22 posts
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:

N._Irish_Lepracaun.png

I hoped till the end they'd gave us that one...maybe next time ;)
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree with Josh 100% too. I played last year, and I don't spend a lot of donuts. All I got was a crappy statue decoration that I'll store in a couple days. This update brought people like me nothing. They should have made the pub premium and the cafe free, so we could have all gotten something out of this. Just complete crap. My interest in this game is waning, and I don't think I'll ever buy donuts again with this kind of support.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

You can set your watch to his posts. The only thing more predictable are moon cycles.

I also managed to predict you'd issue a threatening hollow statement regarding quitting the game. What's it like never being right about anything?

Also, you forgot to tell me you were a celebrity and extol your imagined level of self-importance.

Josh, EA could release everything you've personally asked for and you'd still write a crybaby post about how terrible it is. Your schtick is just that weak and repetitive.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I would venture a guess that one reason why more content (level update, etc..) is being held up is because most people who play this game on anything but the latest devices are having issues running the game (at least as they approach the higher levels with premium content added). Not to mention the scary issue of others logging into the wrong springfields. Hopefully they are working to resolve these issues before they move forwards too much with content...I mean what is the use of more levels/land/characters if the trade off is not being able to play without frequent crashes or someone else logging into your town to trash it?

Despite my theory, I would agree with at least some of what Josh has said...does not sound like I have a lot to look forward to when I log on this evening...
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:

I also managed to predict you'd issue a threatening hollow statement regarding quitting the game. What's it like never being right about anything?

Also, you forgot to tell me you were a celebrity and extol your imagined level of self-importance.

Josh, EA could release everything you've personally asked for and you'd still write a crybaby post about how terrible it is. Your schtick is just that weak and repetitive.

How in the hell did you manage to predict that I'd threaten to quit!?!? You are some kind of sorcerer! Tip: If you're going to say I'm repetitive, it doesn't make much sense to brag about correctly predicting what I'm going to say.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

How in the hell did you manage to predict that I'd threaten to quit!?!? You are some kind of sorcerer! Tip: If you're going to say I'm repetitive, it doesn't make much sense to brag about correctly predicting what I'm going to say.

Most of what you say doesn't make much sense so I have a lot of catching up to do before I get anywhere near your groundbreaking level.

How much more until you reach your breaking point? I have my niece standing by ready to play and I will give her a $100 app store gift card to get her started on her SF so EA doesn't lose a customer.

• juliet603
    17888 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:

Lol this made me laugh :lol:
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I would venture a guess that one reason why more content (level update, etc..) is being held up is because most people who play this game on anything but the latest devices are having issues running the game (at least as they approach the higher levels with premium content added). Not to mention the scary issue of others logging into the wrong springfields. Hopefully they are working to resolve these issues before they move forwards too much with content...I mean what is the use of more levels/land/characters if the trade off is not being able to play without frequent crashes or someone else logging into your town to trash it?

Despite my theory, I would agree with at least some of what Josh has said...does not sound like I have a lot to look forward to when I log on this evening...

Good point.

Having said that, I am also disappointed. And I really didn't expect that much! I actually would have spent doughnuts on the pub, but the cafe is **** ugly and I won't buy it. I really like the well, but it's too expensive. I know it includes a character of sorts, but I'm just not sure I want another aggravating character walking around my town.

With regards to more land, I am still not fully expanded. But I am far enough along to really understand why so many are complaining. I have had to really slow down my game so I don't end up with a packed and ugly town. But I'm also not willing to trade in bad service for more land. Get a better/bigger server EA!!!!

• el-jeffe83
    67 posts
    edited March 2014
    I agree and agree with most of your posts Josh. It's like they don't care about the people who completed * pattys day last year I hate all the recycled items. Part of the reason I loved this game is that there were items to make your Springfield unique. Now they're just spewing them all out. Another boring update with crappy stuff. Still no level update. Well done EA.
  • halo_nothing
    483 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    thito01 wrote:
    JoshSherer wrote:
    EA, you're losing me rather quickly.
    We can only pray for it to come quickly.
    He's been making this broken record statement since he started posting so I wouldn't count on him living up to these empty promises any time soon.
  • Jehsiickuh
    171 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Yep I have to agree as well. I've been pretty bored with my game lately and had been hoping for this update and now that it's here it really is just disappointing..

I mean it's awesome that people who missed out last year get something good out of it but.. I was around last year and I'm mostly a free player and only have about 154 donuts at the moment so unless I want to blow everything I have all I get out of this update is a statue.. unless more things open up later which I'll cross my fingers for..

anyway... kinda sad =\
  • strikknine
    6 posts
    edited March 2014
    Guys, it's *. Patricks day. It's a holiday based on getting drunk and that's about it. TSTO has never made a huge focus of it and i think it's fine. We won't get another huge holiday update for awhile. I'm sure we will get a new level update soon after it's over... probably after it's over or after easter.
  • stingray1122
    8717 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    Josh complaining, no way
    9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif
    What took you so long?

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif
  • WolfyDiesel
    134 posts
    edited March 2014
    *. Pat's Update 2014 > Kamp Krusty
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:
    WE HAVE NOT HAD ONE DECENT UPDATE IN 2014!

Alan.... Josh..... any connection, family?

Alan is Josh's middle name.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:
    AlanSherer wrote:
    WE HAVE NOT HAD ONE DECENT UPDATE IN 2014!

Alan.... Josh..... any connection, family?

Alan is Josh's middle name.

Thanks, puzzles came together now...
    Long time no see.hope you're well
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    So you threaten to leave after every update yet you never do :?:
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!