EA Forums - Banner

Insanely terrible update. How very disappointing.

Replies

• bubsyjenkins
    25 posts
    edited March 2014
    This is the worst update ever, and I never complain.

It's nice that Tom O'Flanagan is back for new players who didn't get him last year, but what's there for those of us who already do? Not including a new free building/character for a once-a-year event is beyond lame. If you played last year's event, and don't feel like blowing 120 donuts on the leprechaun bar, the event consists entirely of a statue. So, so lame.

It's been ages since the last level update too. I remember when we used to get 2 a month, now it's 1 every 2 months. There's no reason level 39 couldn't have dropped today too, which would have taken the sting out of no actual new Paddy's Day content.

Checking into my town the last few months is more of a chore than fun because there simply isn't anything to spend game cash on anymore. It seems rather pointless.
  • obake-odori
    650 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    cbg_eaforums.png

Nice one, love it! :thumbup:
  • spidergirl79
    499 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    It is a horrible update and I never complain either. I had Toms pub last year and I'm glad for those who got Toms pub this time around but unless you are a premium player or REALLY want tiny leprechauns running about your town, you get nothing!
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I'm not going to quit. Instead I've got something even better in mind. As I previously stated, these game developers are artists. They do what they love doing and they take pride in their work. They want a great review of their artwork more than money or anything else in the world. I can think of no better revenge than to keep playing/buying everything and then explaining all of the flaws in them. Let's see if they can even look themselves in the mirror in the morning.

Not going to quit? I like honesty.

But your delusions regarding what others find important are astounding:

If the artists collect what they consider a fair paycheque for their work in a tough economy it is a really safe bet they could absolutely care less what a barely functioning self-proclaimed internet celebrity who does not write that check thinks of their work.

If you think a "great review" for their art is truly more important than anything else in the world they wouldn't be working for EA in the first place.

Accept it, because unless there is a major upheaval in the fan base of this game not much will change relative to your wish list. Your actions are completely insignificant.
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I'm not going to quit. Instead I've got something even better in mind. As I previously stated, these game developers are artists. They do what they love doing and they take pride in their work. They want a great review of their artwork more than money or anything else in the world. I can think of no better revenge than to keep playing/buying everything and then explaining all of the flaws in them. Let's see if they can even look themselves in the mirror in the morning.
    Yeah "buying" says the guy who sped up all of the FP rewards and then tried to quickly cover his tracks after realizing how much it would cost by saying he got a raise. I'm onto you..

:thumbup: Good call!
  • cjdawtcom3x
    55 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    *2chainz voice*
    "TRRRRUUUUUUU"

This update sucks how they gonna not give us players that played for last years went anything new besides the crappy statue and plant and shttyass premium items. Another event... Another thumbs down

Add me daily player lv38 -cjdawtcom3x
  • soprano_1980
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Hint, rhymes with .... Mouchebag
  • jennylynj21
    1305 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Welp isn't a word.
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Will we ever get a level update or more land ever again?!? This is absurd. My town is not a perfect square because they gave us a strip of land on one side only. But that is the least of my problems. They are obviously holding off on giving us more land because they don't want to pay for decent servers to host a little more decorations and they won't give us another level update because they enjoy forcing us to get 1 million+ XP just to get 1-3 donuts rather than allowing it to reset. It's all money with these guys.

Okay, well maybe the Saint Paddy's Day portion will be good, right? WRONG!!! They brought back Tom Irishguy who no one knows or cares about. They brought back the 150 donut leprechaun who is a complete ripoff and does nothing for you unless you need $3 and a stupid Irish laugh soundtrack.

Maybe the new stuff will be good? WRONG AGAIN!!! The very disappointing grand prize from last year has officially been diluted because now we can get unlimited shamrocks. They also gave us a statue which is about as worthless as that blind little lady statue with the scales and the Lisa Statue of Liberty. God forbid they give us a decoration that can actually be implemented into the town. Lastly, they are giving off ANOTHER worthless leprechaun that screams and runs around and gives you about as much as a brown house. What a joke. And for 120 donuts. Are they insane? The new building with the new leprechaun is also fairly ugly, slightly too big for the size it should be (given that tiny leprechauns shop there), and no new land = no place to put it.

It's like EA stopped trying with these updates. Once again they're punishing premium players by forcing collectors to waste 120 donuts on an even uglier leprechaun and giving almost no new free items. Also they're punishing last years tappers by making the shamrock a dime a dozen. They really should have given the premium players only a special prize that is free to us since we pay their bills.

But hey...at least the water is consistently green in all places! Except the heart ponds. And the ugly little pond that is used for fishing. And Squidport. And the fountains. Welp...so much for consistency!

EA, you're losing me rather quickly. Do something good and give us a real/full level update already! And I demand a free gift for premium players only.
  • ms_mirkat29
    10 posts
    edited March 2014
    sooo....i hate to interrupt....but...

what's up with this futurama and family guy "tapped out" i read a few pages ago....?
  • Rosshk
    729 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    ink19810 wrote:
    Rosshk wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    What he doesn't realize is that there's a huge chunk of people that are on Android and didn't have the game for most of these events..hince the rereleasing of stuff. EA is just letting them catch up. They're still giving new stuff right along with the old
    So Apple users should get nothing then?
    This is the worst update they've ever produced. Why screw over older players? I don't mind them giving previously "exclusive" items to newer players, but at least give us something here.

I've enjoyed the FP prizes more than anything in the Valentine's and this update combined (although I got nothing, out of this update, so that's not saying much).

Apple users already have everything that's been rereleased. It's just whining about nothing
    Can you even read, moron?
  • beeson1987
    148 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    How did i know this was started by josh. If u dont like it, just stop playing.
  • mamalettejen
    206 posts
    edited March 2014
    It wouldn't surprise me if EA decided to give us a giant cheese wheel with tasks for Marge and Homer to attend a cheese/wine tasting in our next update. Oh, and there would definitely would be a task for Lisa to play a tiny violin.
  • ink19810
    616 posts
    edited March 2014
    Rosshk wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    Rosshk wrote:
    ink19810 wrote:
    What he doesn't realize is that there's a huge chunk of people that are on Android and didn't have the game for most of these events..hince the rereleasing of stuff. EA is just letting them catch up. They're still giving new stuff right along with the old
    So Apple users should get nothing then?
    This is the worst update they've ever produced. Why screw over older players? I don't mind them giving previously "exclusive" items to newer players, but at least give us something here.

I've enjoyed the FP prizes more than anything in the Valentine's and this update combined (although I got nothing, out of this update, so that's not saying much).

Apple users already have everything that's been rereleased. It's just whining about nothing
    Can you even read, moron?

Don't blame me for your **** hurt
  • teo47
    944 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    beeson1987 wrote:
    How did i know this was started by josh. If u dont like it, just stop playing.

He likes the game just fine. This is his contrived online persona to become the forum 'celebrity' and get as much attention for himself as possible. His plan has been wildly successful, as people continue to believe this is a real person posting his real opinions.
    New neighbors always welcome!
  • Tonka-LAT9
    9 posts
    edited March 2014
    Lots of great points and arguments. I got the pub last year as I started just at this point. I have no problem with it going to new players.... But.... And there's always a but....... When can I have a Mapple Store!!!!!!!!!!!! :(. "if I could have a Mapple store I would be sooooooo happy" :)
  • thesimdeej33
    28 posts
    edited March 2014
    EA, you're losing me rather quickly. Do something good and give us a real/full level update already! And I demand a free gift for premium players only.

You have no right to demand any thing for free! EA owe you nothing whether your an infamous troll or some thing more worthwhile
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    beeson1987 wrote:
    ...contrived online persona...

Nothing more than slang for "being an insufferable tool and hiding behind the internet." It's a shame this weak excuse is used by some and actually accepted as valid by their pitiful enablers.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    sooo....i hate to interrupt....but...

what's up with this futurama and family guy "tapped out" i read a few pages ago....?

There is no futurama tapped out and the family guy game is in beta right now with a worldwide release date to be announced soon the family guy game is not by EA it's being made by tinyco its not called Family guy tapped out
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Deleted some flaming. Don't let it continue.
  • bahepton
    324 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    Say what you will about Josh - he's not wrong.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!