EA Forums - Banner

Insanely terrible update. How very disappointing.

Replies

• mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited March 2014
    I agree with Josh.

As someone who completed paddys day last year it is a bit of a kick to have the shamrock for in game cash. It should have been a token 5donuts or something. The other statue is ok, but apart from next to the pub in my park I can't see where to put it.
    As for land, I don't need any but I more than appreciate some do.
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited March 2014
    well everyone on saint pattys day we will all get five free doughnuts! I mean the update is terrible for anyone who was here last year but still its something right?
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    This would have been a nice little update if it had happened last year. I'm very disappointed that those of who played last year and got the pub didn't get a new in game cash building this year. I'm glad newbies got the pub but where the hell is my new building that doesn't cost doughnuts??????? :roll:
  • shasurveyi256
    354 posts
    edited March 2014
    So you posted the exact same message in a thread that already exists about this complaint and then created a new thread with the same exact content?

Well deserved :roll:
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited March 2014
    I think it's good that the pub is cash. Why shouldn't it be? It's not fair to expect those playing less than a year to pay donuts for everything!
    I'm a little peeved about the shamrock being available as only one was possible last year after the story line.
    As for the lack of non premium content... Heyho, there has been so much it's not exactly a big deal. I'm really hoping for new shops to make another street of them
  • mpwarner
    2971 posts
    edited March 2014
    So you posted the exact same message in a thread that already exists about this complaint and then created a new thread with the same exact content?

Merging in 5....4....3....2....1...
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Wanted to make sure everybody read it. :lol:
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    Josh is completely right, why is there anyone on here complaining about him starting this thread? Everyone agrees with him but there are still people saying he has no right to complain. Because he has complained before? But everyone else can complain, that's ok, it's just Josh who can't? Not following the logic, either you agree or not, it shouldn't matter who posted the thread.

As for my opinion, this update does stink for those of us who played last year, period. I do agree that it is in EA's best interest to cultivate new users rather than appease old ones and therefore, we long time users get the shaft. I hope we will see some good new content soon but they should realize that Friend Point prizes is not going to be enough to keep old timers around.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    cjryder625 wrote:
    I don't think EA are interested in long time players who have already reached the top level and have bought all the premiums. It makes far more business sense to concentrate on new and lower level players and encourage them to purchase donuts. That is why they are re-releasing old limited time stuff because new player see it in other Springfields and want it for themselves. Just accept you have reached the end of the game and just see anything added as a bonus. I know people have spent lots of money on it but that doesn't guarantee EA will continue to expand to satisfy you.

Whales are likely to continue to be whales. If you're a proven spender, then it would make sense to give you more stuff to buy. If the new players end up being whales, that also gives them more stuff to buy down the road.

Unfortunately, this game is already very creaky. I'm not sure how much new stuff it can handle. Tapped Out is in tremendous need of optimization. That may be why they are holding off.
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    I don't care that the pub is in game cash, I'm glad that people who don't have it from last year have a chance to get it now. I just wish those of us who DO have it from last year, also got a new in game cash building. Fine, offer stuff for donuts too but offer new stuff for non-premium players
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I think it's good that the pub is cash. Why shouldn't it be? It's not fair to expect those playing less than a year to pay donuts for everything!
    I'm a little peeved about the shamrock being available as only one was possible last year after the story line.
    As for the lack of non premium content... Heyho, there has been so much it's not exactly a big deal. I'm really hoping for new shops to make another street of them

Didn't say the pub should be premium. I said its wrong that new players got a a building for in game cash and those of us who played last year did not get a in game cash building. I'm glad they brought the pub back for new players. It's one of my fav buildings. I'm i glad new players got it for 1900 bucks. I'm NOT glad that I didn't get a building without paying doughnuts for it.
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    I don't care that the pub is in game cash, I'm glad that people who don't have it from last year have a chance to get it now. I just wish those of us who DO have it from last year, also got a new in game cash building. Fine, offer stuff for donuts too but offer new stuff for non-premium players

You understand my frustration with this update.
  • Bravewall
    4253 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I tried merging another complaint thread in to this one, and it didn't take. My apologies.
  • sketch0609
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Crybaby
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bravewall wrote:
    I tried merging another complaint thread in to this one, and it didn't take. My apologies.

You are talking about me, aren't you Bravewall........

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Bhawks2012
    216 posts
    edited March 2014
    For once i agree with Josh. For someone who's been playing since relaunch, there's only 2 new things, a deco and a premium building. Very lazy by EA imo.

But hey, at least there's no wheel! :D
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    beeson1987 wrote:
    ...contrived online persona...

Nothing more than slang for "being an insufferable tool and hiding behind the internet." It's a shame this weak excuse is used by some and actually accepted as valid by their pitiful enablers.

Not for nothing, but since no one (save for the moderators) have the ability to control what others do here, you have 2 choices: read these posts knowing that the over-the-top persona is overdone simply for show and enjoy the show, or read these posts thinking that there is a real person who is writing all of this because they really do hate the game, EA, and all who disagree, and rail at the insufferable Gaul of someone who has the nerve to be so full of themselves. I choose the former. No one enables Josh other than Josh (and EA who decided to mention him in the game). His posts will be here as long as he wants them to be...no matter what an insufferable tool you think he is...and I do NOT see myself as a 'pitiful enabler.' I mean really...

Actually, you have 3 choices...you can also skip the Josh threads...I mean why on EARTH would you venture into a thread where you KNOW you won't like what you read? In fact, by posting a comment here, one could say that you are contributing to said enabling...
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Bhawks2012 wrote:
    For once i agree with Josh. For someone who's been playing since relaunch, there's only 2 new things, a deco and a premium building. Very lazy by EA imo.

But hey, at least there's no wheel! :D

I like the wheel..... I'm sick, I know it...... :lol:
  • morgan_k_ols
    100 posts
    edited March 2014
    mpwarner wrote:
    I agree with Josh.

As someone who completed paddys day last year it is a bit of a kick to have the shamrock for in game cash. It should have been a token 5donuts or something. The other statue is ok, but apart from next to the pub in my park I can't see where to put it.
    As for land, I don't need any but I more than appreciate some do.

I didn't start until whacking day last year and figured they would re-release it for donuts. I can see where $1900 for the pub and being able to purchase the shamrock would be insulting to previous players. I would be chapped if they re-released something I worked for.

As for josh, I generally agree with his posts. He makes valid points and is someone who has obviously invested time and money in this game so kudos for your passion. As for those who troll Josh why bother opening this thread to begin with? It clearly states he was the thread author why bother feeding fuel to his fire if you dislike him so much? Let's remember what the true spirit of *. Pats day is,drinking green beer. ?
  • marpr91
    35 posts
    edited March 2014
    I think it's silly to respond " if you don't like the game, don't play" I can say if you don't like Josh's thread don't read.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!