EA Forums - Banner

Insanely terrible update. How very disappointing.

Replies

• 1VolMan
    210 posts
    edited March 2014
    -double-facepalm_20120514083424.jpg
  • MMMJJJFFF
    62 posts
    edited March 2014
    Josh is a visionary. A maverick if you will. I, for one, welcome our new overlord. Hail Josh!
  • mrtreez101
    27 posts
    edited March 2014
    Decent servers? !?!?!

It takes about 10 crashes give or take for me to assign everybody tasks....

I barely get to go through all my neighbours towns now because of the crashes cause by being in them tapping .... I get so frustrated I give up...

Its a well know fact... online and EA does not mix...

From Battlefield to Titanfall.... and everything else in between ....
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mrtreez101 wrote:
    Decent servers? !?!?!

I barely get to go through all my neighbours towns now because of the crashes cause by being in them tapping .... I get so frustrated I give up...

Tbh I think it's your device. I've had the same issue with an iPad 2 and I thought it was them. Realistically speaking they probably did have server issues, but at this point they are few and far between. Since I've got the iPad Air I haven't had the game crash once, and that's over 2 month period. Well actually it did but only when I had a ton of heavy apps open in the background (but that's to be expected. After all this is only a tablet and not a PC.). Usually I know to turn heavy apps off and when I do, I have no issues at all.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • mrtreez101
    27 posts
    edited March 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    mrtreez101 wrote:
    Decent servers? !?!?!

Tbh I think it's your device. I've had the same issue with an iPad 2 and I thought it was them. Realistically speaking they probably did have server issues, but at this point they are few and far between. Since I've got the iPad Air I haven't had the game crash once, and that's over 2 month period. Well actually it did but only when I had a ton of heavy apps open in the background (but that's to be expected. After all this is only a tablet and not a PC.). Usually I know to turn heavy apps off and when I do, I have no issues at all.
    I doubt it, the nexus 4 is more than capable of running TSTO. Also it was never this bad... I could go days without issues ... Now it's literally everyday.
  • edited March 2014
    They didn't like Moses when he came down from mount Sinai bearing the Ten Commandments either. Keep on spreading the Word Josh! You will see the Promised Land one day...but you may not be able to cross the Jordan and taste the milk and honey...
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mrtreez101 wrote:
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    mrtreez101 wrote:
    Decent servers? !?!?!

I doubt it, the nexus 4 is more than capable of running TSTO. Also it was never this bad... I could go days without issues ... Now it's literally everyday.
    Hmm that's strange :? If that's the case I hope it gets better. Personally I haven't noticed issues with IOS devices, but Android devices seem to have more problems with the game for some reason.

They need to work on that.
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • Vs1976
    874 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    Josh complaining, no way
    9d62fd4fa48c4072_25.gif
    What took you so long?

Lol He sure does a lot of complaining lol
  • edited March 2014
    They didn't like Moses when he came down out of Mount Sinai with the Ten Commandments either. Keep spreading the Word Josh! Someday you will see the Promised Land but you may not be able to cross the Jordan and taste the milk and honey...
  • RoJo
    8 posts
    edited March 2014
    This is not the game for you it would seem...
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2014
    AJtheboss1 wrote:
    mrtreez101 wrote:
    Decent servers? !?!?!

it's not people's devices the game has glitches.. for some people they started with the krustyland update or Halloween and it seem to happen more often for newer devices both android and IOS

some people don't get the issues others don't
  • cjryder625
    1418 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    maxeerg wrote:
    cjryder625 wrote:
    I don't think EA are interested in long time players who have already reached the top level and have bought all the premiums. It makes far more business sense to concentrate on new and lower level players and encourage them to purchase donuts. That is why they are re-releasing old limited time stuff because new player see it in other Springfields and want it for themselves. Just accept you have reached the end of the game and just see anything added as a bonus. I know people have spent lots of money on it but that doesn't guarantee EA will continue to expand to satisfy you.

Whales are likely to continue to be whales. If you're a proven spender, then it would make sense to give you more stuff to buy. If the new players end up being whales, that also gives them more stuff to buy down the road.

Unfortunately, this game is already very creaky. I'm not sure how much new stuff it can handle. Tapped Out is in tremendous need of optimization. That may be why they are holding off.

maybe the cost of upgrading their servers outweighs the benefits of keeping long termers happy with new land and content. EA is a business and has a business model to obtain the best profits (I though Americans were cool with this). Why would they spend money that isn't in line with their business model?
    I love my computer...all my friends live in it
  • mcduck90
    940 posts
    edited March 2014
    Usually, I don’t agree with Josh but this game starts to become a bit dull. Everything is overpriced with no new decent updates. More land is not going to come anytime soon and most offers or events are duplicated. New comers with * Patricks got 5 new things 3 of which was for free. The only enjoyable thing was the statue form me nothing else.

The only good thing it’s the Valentine’s things can now be placed to Krustyland... But still... I hope they are planning something grand... otherwise...
  • coathang3r
    24 posts
    edited March 2014
    BvcWncV.jpg
  • chrisgyo
    1030 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    Also they're punishing last years tappers by making the shamrock a dime a dozen.

this is a good point

it's also a huge business mistake by EA...it means players will be less likely to buy premium items because they would rather wait to see if they're free in the future

seriously, they should decide if something is premium or not and leave it that way forever :x
  • JoshSherer
    1640 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    Josh is completely right, why is there anyone on here complaining about him starting this thread? Everyone agrees with him but there are still people saying he has no right to complain. Because he has complained before? But everyone else can complain, that's ok, it's just Josh who can't? Not following the logic, either you agree or not, it shouldn't matter who posted the thread.

As for my opinion, this update does stink for those of us who played last year, period. I do agree that it is in EA's best interest to cultivate new users rather than appease old ones and therefore, we long time users get the shaft. I hope we will see some good new content soon but they should realize that Friend Point prizes is not going to be enough to keep old timers around.

Everyone, listen to her. This is a good post.
  • edited March 2014
    They hated Moses when he came down from Mount Sinai with the 10 Commandments too. Keep speaking The Word Josh! Someday you may see the Promised Land, but you may not be able to cross the Jordan and taste the milk and honey...
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    mbemom wrote:
    Josh is completely right, why is there anyone on here complaining about him starting this thread? Everyone agrees with him but there are still people saying he has no right to complain. Because he has complained before? But everyone else can complain, that's ok, it's just Josh who can't? Not following the logic, either you agree or not, it shouldn't matter who posted the thread.

As for my opinion, this update does stink for those of us who played last year, period. I do agree that it is in EA's best interest to cultivate new users rather than appease old ones and therefore, we long time users get the shaft. I hope we will see some good new content soon but they should realize that Friend Point prizes is not going to be enough to keep old timers around.

Everyone, listen to her. This is a good post.

Awww, thanks Josh. I came a bit late to this particular party, so I don't think anyone cares anymore. But you should check in more often, this forum is just not the same without you.
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    But you should check in more often, this forum is just not the same without you.
    Right. The Jeerer "contributes" so much to these boards.
    704.gif
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    704.gif

Love that gif :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!