EA Forums - Banner

Insanely terrible update. How very disappointing.

123457Next

Replies

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    704.gif

Love that gif :lol:

So do i, i think it should be a full 4hr shared task with Homer and Ned in the game itself :lol:
  • mbemom
    258 posts
    edited March 2014
    mbemom wrote:
    But you should check in more often, this forum is just not the same without you.
    Right. The Jeerer "contributes" so much to these boards.
    704.gif

He contributes to my hilarity quotient, I'm all for anything that makes people laugh, even if I'm the only person laughing.

I also like the gif, it would be a great task in game
  • edited March 2014
    !!!
  • albivs81326
    25 posts
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    They brought back the 150 donut leprechaun who is a complete ripoff and does nothing for you unless you need $3 and a stupid Irish laugh soundtrack.

The leprechaun was my first premium purchase and I totally regreat buying it 4% bonus does not justify the 150 donuts I spend, the only positive side is that I learned at an early stage not to get carried away with limited premium items
  • Excruciator69
    697 posts
    edited March 2014
    beeson1987 wrote:
    ...contrived online persona...

Nothing more than slang for "being an insufferable tool and hiding behind the internet." It's a shame this weak excuse is used by some and actually accepted as valid by their pitiful enablers.

I do NOT see myself as a 'pitiful enabler.'

Be honest: who would?
    Actually, you have 3 choices...you can also skip the Josh threads...I mean why on EARTH would you venture into a thread where you KNOW you won't like what you read? In fact, by posting a comment here, one could say that you are contributing to said enabling...

One could say that, however: If you, Starman, think posting a measured response conflicting with some of Josh's commentary is anywhere close to being interchangeable with publicly buying into and shilling for a grating 'internet persona' then your sense of scale is badly warped.

I won't avoid reading something simply because I may not like the content. It is disingenuous to create an echo chamber only containing sound bites one wishes to hear. (FOX News anyone?)

It is undeniable Josh's posts spur a lot of discussion. That's a good reason to pay attention to them if you want to keep your finger on the pulse of these boards. Unfortunately the rest of the thread tends to be of dubious value.

I participate in them because I want to show that Josh really can't hate these updates as much as he claims. That the updates are not nearly that bad. Nobody spends a lot of money on premium content and on rushing tasks to completion for something they hate. Unless they are crazy, in which case nobody should pay attention anyway. Josh threatens to quit playing the game because the updates are so bad but undercuts himself by not actually quitting He admitted earlier he wouldn't quit, which is makes his reviews even better going forward. Nobody likes a martyr.

Josh will probably complain about the supposed free donuts coming our way and it's fun to poke holes when you realize said post will be one of three possibilities:
      [li]EA gives no donuts for Saint Patrick's Day --> Josh would complain EA is cheap and is being insulting.[/li] [li]EA gives a small handful of donuts for Saint Patrick's Day --> Josh would complain EA didn't give enough donuts to actually buy anything useful and is being insulting.[/li] [li]EA gives a large sum of donuts Saint Patrick's Day --> Josh would complain EA is slapping premium players in the face by giving away stuff he paid for. Since it is well established Josh is the only person who supports the game financially this is an insufferably hostile act directed specifically at him. [/li]
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JoshSherer wrote:
    I'm not going to quit. Instead I've got something even better in mind. As I previously stated, these game developers are artists. They do what they love doing and they take pride in their work. They want a great review of their artwork more than money or anything else in the world. I can think of no better revenge than to keep playing/buying everything and then explaining all of the flaws in them. Let's see if they can even look themselves in the mirror in the morning.

So you're never gonna quit? Well that explains it! ;-)
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    So you threaten to leave after every update yet you never do :?:

:thumbup:

(Careful now...he'll say you have no right to tell him what games he can and cannot play. As if that is even slightly pertinent.)

He says he's never gonna leave. He just wants to "point out the flaws"! :-\
  • AJtheboss1
    3869 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    704.gif

So do i, i think it should be a full 4hr shared task with Homer and Ned in the game itself :lol:
    Haha awesome gif! :P

+1 :thumbup:

Though Josh's posts can be entertaining sometimes, and as much as he complains some of his posts actually make sense. Surprised huh? :P
    "The **** of the future will be the anti-****."
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    704.gif

Man you really need to apply for a job at EA with regards to all these ideas for tasks :thumbup:

That would be a wicked task even if it only a 5mins or 30min task :)
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!