EA Forums - Banner

How about a worthwhile million dollar item?

mcorway wrote:
The million dollar items are fun, but for the most part I end up storing them because they are too big and take up a lot of room plus they block more land. I know the diamond decoration is 5mil but it's more of a minor status statement 'hey look I once had 5 million'...

I think it would be awesome if EA released one 'house+character' with a cost of 5-10 million for players to obtain. It would be the rarest character/house combo in the game because most couldn't afford it.

Something like Crazy Cat Lady + Her House for 10 million. I think something like this idea, would be a fun addition to the game. I'm a player who has been tapping for years now and I get into the millions quite easily with nothing to spend my money on. C'mon EA, add some end-game content. =)

Chester Lampwick and his solid gold house. Clearly the only answer. And only after you buy it can you also buy his rocket car.

Replies

• juliet603
    17879 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I really like the idea but making it a "rare" item wouldn't work because premuim players could still get it right away! Even if you can't buy it for donuts, you can still buy in game cash with donuts!
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    I seriously doubt that they would release a character building as an aspirational building because of the exact reason you said cause not everyone could afford it also they lower the prices of the expensive buildings with each level. But having said that I think that they could instead release an aspirational building that has a mini game to win a donut prize.
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    TBH I would love it if they all had tasks like the Sunsphere... the WOD FIR tasks are awesome. I wish all the others had similar tasks like that...

Also, I totally agree as cool as they are... its really hard to find a place for them as they block stuff and the stairs are huge...
  • Surfcitygal
    1268 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I like the cubic zirconium because it's small and not an eyesore like most of the others. I'd be happy with similar aspirationals, and ones allowing new character tasks would be great!
  • atiq_ruhel
    447 posts
    edited March 2014
    I like the cubic zirconium because it's small and not an eyesore like most of the others. I'd be happy with similar aspirationals, and ones allowing new character tasks would be great!

off topic... but your profile and signature pics depress me... all I see when I look out the window is the aftermath of a blizzard.... :/
  • Tara1qt
    406 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree with having some sort of super high priced item. I would also like to see the ability to change in say $10M for one donut. Price seems high but, I think its high enough where EA might be open to it, but also low enough for the players that have some extra cash saved up to attain an extra donut every once in a while.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    juliet603 wrote:
    I really like the idea but making it a "rare" item wouldn't work because premuim players could still get it right away! Even if you can't buy it for donuts, you can still buy in game cash with donuts!

Yea plus the character would have the same payout as a regular non premium character like milhouse and that wouldn't bring in new players
  • baddazoner
    1006 posts
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    I seriously doubt that they would release a character building as an aspirational building because of the exact reason you said cause not everyone could afford it also they lower the prices of the expensive buildings with each level. But having said that I think that they could instead release an aspirational building that has a mini game to win a donut prize.

i think the suggestion before of chester with the gold house would be great to have at the million dollar mark it would be a sort of aspirational building

plus when you hit level 38 even with a low multiplier it's quite easy to make a million dollars.
  • budimirzach709
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I have 23 million I've had this game scince about the first week it came out
  • budimirzach709
    24 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mcorway wrote:
    The million dollar items are fun, but for the most part I end up storing them because they are too big and take up a lot of room plus they block more land. I know the diamond decoration is 5mil but it's more of a minor status statement 'hey look I once had 5 million'...

I think it would be awesome if EA released one 'house+character' with a cost of 5-10 million for players to obtain. It would be the rarest character/house combo in the game because most couldn't afford it.

Something like Crazy Cat Lady + Her House for 10 million. I think something like this idea, would be a fun addition to the game. I'm a player who has been tapping for years now and I get into the millions quite easily with nothing to spend my money on. C'mon EA, add some end-game content. =)

Chester Lampwick and his solid gold house. Clearly the only answer. And only after you buy it can you also buy his rocket car.
    Yes great I would totally get it
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    I seriously doubt that they would release a character building as an aspirational building because of the exact reason you said cause not everyone could afford it also they lower the prices of the expensive buildings with each level.

Not true at all, they tend to "back date" the level requirement. The escalator, Popsicle stick tower, magnifying glass, sunsphere and zirconia have never decreased in value. They make the level requirement set to like 5, and they never drop in price. So theoretically, it can be done they would just be available to players starting the game, even though they are nowhere close to affording it.

However, assuming it is a character, the player may wish to save for that one instead depending who it is. If it's a popular character, then people will strive for it earlier and realize their daily income stinks.
  • flexster741
    352 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I was wanted the world's smallest boulder for 10milion. Why? Why not? :lol:

FRoW0HI.jpg
  • soprano_1980
    155 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm at level 38, I don't own all the land yet and I barely crossed the million mark for the first time this morning only to have spent some on land and be back down. I hope there isn't a $10 million thing I want SO bad that I can't have haha. I really kinda want that escalator!
  • UnseenWarrior19
    56 posts New member
    edited March 2014
    I think the solid gold house with a character is a really good idea :mrgreen: I guess if it was 10 million dollars it would give me something to aim for.
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mcorway wrote:

Yeeeeeeessssss! :thumbup:

tumblr_lnbllbX90N1qh59n0o1_500.png

"I don’t need any more money, I’m not greedy. As long as I’ve got my health, and my millions of dollars and my gold house and my rocket car, I don’t need anything else."

• JimJ321
    4206 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Chester bites his check before folding and putting it in his pocket. Why does he do that?
  • Mess911
    68 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    JimJ321 wrote:
    Chester bites his check before folding and putting it in his pocket. Why does he do that?

Biting it like people used to bite gold to see if it was real.
  • XBL-Heretic
    1228 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I agree we sorely need some high-priced high end items on which to spend our in-game cash. Like other long time players, I'm flush with cash. I'm quickly approaching $60M with nary a thing to spend it on. Especially considering the item caps, I'm over 4,800 items at this point so it's not like I could buy a million fences.

But I don't really want any more gigantic eye-sore buildings. My Popsicle Tower, Escalator, and Magnifying Glass are in storage because they just don't fit well in my town. I like the idea of Chester Lampwick and his solid gold house for around $10M, maybe another $2M for his rocket car. Other ideas could include gold benches for $100k each or maybe some platinum flowers. Another idea I like would be to allow gifting in-game cash to our neighborinos.

Every time I go into my town any more, I look at how much cash I have and it just mocks me knowing there's nothing to spend it on. Come on, EA! Give us some things (plural) we can spend our cash on!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.