EA Forums - Banner

Origin problem

Prev13456
I have encountered the same issue. All of my friends disappeared. I can see my list of friends in Origin but no towns to visit! Any fixes would be appreciated!

Replies

• curve1967
    1 posts
    edited December 2012
    I am having the same problem. As soon as I try to visit friends the game goes to Cannot Connect to Server page, asks me to retry and then takes me back to my Springfield!!!
  • Thecure668
    252 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same problem. Only Need a few more coins to the bowlerama. But can't get them now.
  • MrBukey
    19 posts
    edited December 2012
    Happening more and more often, and is really annoying.

If a game is time-based and also has a big element of visiting other friends... It's really frustrating to not be able to play it as the game wants/requires/encourages....
  • gazzajay
    327 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have this problem as well, it's the same as what happened in thanksgiving update.

I click to view friends, and I see my friends page for a split second before the "cannot connect to server", just long enough to notice there is only 1 friend there of my 100, and it's 'other Springfield'
  • SlinkyBeads
    442 posts
    edited December 2012
    gazzajay wrote:
    I have this problem as well, it's the same as what happened in thanksgiving update.

I click to view friends, and I see my friends page for a split second before the "cannot connect to server", just long enough to notice there is only 1 friend there of my 100, and it's 'other Springfield'

This exact thing happening to me now too :cry:

Annoying considering we need to visit friends to collect enough coins to get the limited time items... May need to try delete a few friends from origin and see if this helps.
  • MrBukey
    19 posts
    edited December 2012
    They'll come back.

I'm guessing that EA are scrimping on either servers or bandwidth, and that's the root cause of most of the issues with this game. Fair enough for a free game, but not really for one that's taking real money through in game purchases.
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited December 2012
    Have you all tried logging out and closing the game from the from the home screen, then relaunching and signing back in?

I know it sounds an obvious thing to do but it does seem by doing this it cures a number of ills.
  • mattyhere
    43 posts
    edited December 2012
    Im just happy that its not just me thats having this problem.
  • belfioria
    38 posts
    edited December 2012
    Same thing happened at the same time yesterday... Resolved itself about 2 hours later with no intervention needed.
  • rolybert7
    2776 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Origin button gone again. With all the issues and the lack of being able to play. You would think they could appease us in some way. Like making coin gathering more often. Say every 12 hours.
  • edited December 2012
    I can open the game but without the Origin symbol at the bottom left corner. Must be maintenance.
  • mongmongc
    13 posts
    edited December 2012
    Happened to me also. Ruined my coin harvesting schedule.
  • julesg007
    374 posts
    edited December 2012
    There is a known connectivity issue and EA are working to resolve the issue, see the thread here on the forum, so perhaps this is causing the issue here.

I too have lost the Origin button in the past but it come back, so frustrating as it might be, give EA a bit of tie and you might be playing again soon.

Good luck.
  • tappedoutdave
    131 posts
    edited December 2012
    julesg007 wrote:
    Have you all tried logging out and closing the game from the from the home screen, then relaunching and signing back in?

I know it sounds an obvious thing to do but it does seem by doing this it cures a number of ills.

Really? Great idea!
  • Philbowen
    120 posts
    edited December 2012
    My son has lost his Origin login button as well. Seems to have reverted back to a very old save on his game.
  • roadrunner1132
    73 posts
    edited December 2012
    Haha my origin button is gone now too, brilliant, not as if I have a shedload of coins I need to harvest in half an hour xD
  • airmancoop44
    22 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Anyone else get "WARNING! Your other device didn't save your Springfield. Please sign into that device before playing."

I don't even have another device! I've logged out and logged in, but now the Origin button has disappeared. I'm assuming my warning message is related to everyone else's issues...
  • mrblah15
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    mongmongc wrote:
    Happened to me also. Ruined my coin harvesting schedule.

Exactly.... not happy...
  • Lord_Reylus
    6 posts
    edited December 2012
    My game won't even let me log back in
  • hgfxf
    171 posts Member
    edited December 2012
    Same here. Looks like the origin servers are offline and everybody reverts to any non server based game you may have had. Ie: anonymous
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.