EA Forums - Banner

TV shows you loved as kids

Prev13456
bee88161
2976 posts Member
Off the top of my head i would say X-Men cartoon always made time to watch that :D

Replies

• mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Captain Planet was a favourite. And Tintin.

Also, the Disney shows on a Saturday morning, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Aladdin series, Talespin, etc.

From very early childhood I remember Denver, the Last Dinosaur kept me pretty entertained.
  • nascarchamp0
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Not sure whether I'm too young or to old to remember any of those.

Bewitched, Star Trek, Gilligan's Island, Beverly Hillbillies, and didn't miss Bugs Bunny and Tweety on a Saturday morning.
  • Kozzi59
    1398 posts Member
    edited March 2014

Bewitched, Star Trek, Gilligan's Island, Beverly Hillbillies, and didn't miss Bugs Bunny and Tweety on a Saturday morning.

Yeh, loved Looney Toons! Some others (he said, showing his advanced years) were Mission: Impossible, Lost In Space, Bonanza ... but the great outdoors called too often for me to be transfixed by an old black and white set with dodgy vertical hold ... that and the fact there was only one channel that came on about 2pm and went off air at midnight. Yes, kids, things really were different in the Olden Days :lol:
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014

You wouldn't believe it, there's a new frozen yoghurt place (the froghurt was also cursed :mrgreen: ) , at my local shopping mall. Anyway, they have these Looney Tunes themed spoons, with the different characters on them. So I ask the guy behind the counter if I could have the Roadrunner spoon, as I didn't have that one.

He said, "Which one is that?" :? ..................

...... :shock:

........ :|

..... :cry:

WHAT THE ACTUAL *!!!!!
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I loved Captain Planet and Saturday morning disney dalton :D

I also loved those shows nascarchamp..but yes only watched reruns as they were slightly before my time :lol:
  • nascarchamp0
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Kozzi59 wrote:

Yeh, loved Looney Toons! Some others (he said, showing his advanced years) were Mission: Impossible, Lost In Space, Bonanza ... but the great outdoors called too often for me to be transfixed by an old black and white set with dodgy vertical hold ... that and the fact there was only one channel that came on about 2pm and went off air at midnight. Yes, kids, things really were different in the Olden Days :lol:

Lol! Advanced years! Nicely put! I'm thinking you may be more "advanced" than I, we got 2 channels, but you had to move the rabbit ears around. BTW (he's a She)
  • nascarchamp0
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

You wouldn't believe it, there's a new frozen yoghurt place (the froghurt was also cursed :mrgreen: ) , at my local shopping mall. Anyway, they have these Looney Tunes themed spoons, with the different characters on them. So I ask the guy behind the counter if I could have the Roadrunner spoon, as I didn't have that one.

WHAT THE ACTUAL *!!!!!

I could send my Coyote and Roadrunner stuffed animals.
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

Also, the Disney shows on a Saturday morning, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, Aladdin series, Talespin, etc.

From very early childhood I remember Denver, the Last Dinosaur kept me pretty entertained.

Cor that has taken me back remembering that show :lol: For some reason i always remember this scene :lol:

tumblr_map1jnJqXg1r8vtzr.gif
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • nascarchamp0
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Cor that has taken me back remembering that show :lol: For some reason i always remember this scene :lol:

258px-599289-beagle_large.jpg

Loved these guys!
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

Who wouldn't want to swim in money? :lol:
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    CARTOONS
    Voltron
    He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
    Transformers
    Thunder Cats

SHOWS
    Dukes of Hazard
    The A-Team
    Smokey and the Bandit
    The littlest hobo

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • mwdalton
    11548 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:

WHAT THE ACTUAL *!!!!!

I could send my Coyote and Roadrunner stuffed animals.

Yes please, then I could beat him with them :twisted:
  • MaxxSpider
    5465 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    NeoSEC28 wrote:
    mwdalton wrote:

This is what it would actually be like to jump into a bunch of gold coins.

• NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    258px-599289-beagle_large.jpg

Loved these guys!

The memories are proper flooding back now :lol:

@Bee great thread :thumbup: although making me feel old now tho :?
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    bee88161 wrote:
    So some of my favourites were power rangers, HR pufnstuf and Johnson and friends.
    Sailor Moon
    Mumfie the Elephant
    Mumfie_and_friends_looking_forward.png
    I remember Agro's Cartoon Connection and Cheez TV? I think they were called, on in the morning, so many shows but omg YES Captain Planet blew them all out of the water
    mwdalton wrote:

I would always watch a lot of older stuff with my bro. I saw a lot of Hercules, and Xena too lol
    4ac5ca1497f9e4db4c9f05cd0203534f694be01360fd8cb693cd69d2d3e3dffc.jpg
  • sandwedgeking
    2639 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Always loved shows like "Thundercats," "Ducktales," "Voltron," and "He-Man." But as a grew a bit older and more sophisticated, I graduated to brilliant programs like "Dukes of Hazard" and "Knight Rider." :P
    Stuff and Things - Designs by SWK
  • NeoSEC28
    39616 posts
    edited March 2014
    Always loved shows like "Thundercats," "Ducktales," "Voltron," and "He-Man." But as a grew a bit older and more sophisticated, I graduated to brilliant programs like "Dukes of Hazard" and "Knight Rider." :P

Oh now we are talking!! Those are absolutely Brillaint Shows!!!! :mrgreen:
  • wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The Munsters my all time fav. Scooby doo, Mr. Belvedere and Get Smart. There's just too many awesome old shows...Alias Smith and Jones.
  • Nilmade
    1028 posts
    edited March 2014
    I loved Captain Tsubasa, Dash Kappei, The Fruitties, Heidi, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, Maya the Bee, The World of David the Gnome, Calimero, Around the World with Willy Fog and Once Upon a Time... Life.
    Some of them were on air before I was born so I've watched reruns.
  • Wijsheid
    9653 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Hangin with Mr. cooper!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!