EA Forums - Banner

Who's game stopped working after buying doughnuts?

Prev1
Just curious who bought doughnuts then had their game crash.. Day 3 for me of it not working, I've tried making a new iTunes account, restarting my phone, closing the app, deleting and reinstalling the app... Nothing.

I didn't buy donuts but my game started glitching a couple days ago and I couldn't play.

I finally Could play tonight. Good luck. I know how frustrating it is.

Replies

• lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Just curious who bought doughnuts then had their game crash.. Day 3 for me of it not working, I've tried making a new iTunes account, restarting my phone, closing the app, deleting and reinstalling the app... Nothing.

I didn't buy donuts but my game started glitching a couple days ago and I couldn't play.

I finally Could play tonight. Good luck. I know how frustrating it is.

Hope it works soon, still won't go past the fox page
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 4.. Still nothing
  • damon2509
    32 posts
    edited December 2012
    I had this thought it was just me i contacted ea and apple to no avail I think it's a broken authorisation from apple which causes them to crash normally u download another free app and it solves it but for me it did not work I tried resetting it and could only get it to ask for my password from apple I'd and it still crashed I solved it by backing up my ipad then completely erasing it of all apps and settings I then set it up as a new ipad with a new email and created a apple Id that was new I then downloaded Simpsons at which point it opened and weirdly a bit concerning lay still signed into my origin account I then logged out of my origin account which is important as when I tried to change my apple Id on the ipad it would not open again anyway after logging out of origin I logged into my apple I'd in the settings menu downloaded a new app then opened tapped out downloaded the updates after it asked for my I'd password again then logged into origin I then shut and opened the app to make sure it worked it did shut after launching itself a couple of times bu I just relaunched and it worked fine I then erased my ipad again and then restored it from backup hey presto it worked. I did try just erasing the ipad and restoring but it made no differance hope this helps I know it is long winded it was the only way I could fix it and I was off for 3 days before doing this. Like I say the most concerning thing was after erasing the ipad when I went onto tapped out my origin I'd was still on it and signed in let me know if this helps and if anyone else has this issue
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day four of this for me....
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 5!
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    Almost day five for me, I MISS MY GAME!
    grr this has turned me into such a ranter!
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    Mine did, but has somewhat regulated itself.

I still get prompted to enter my itunes password at the black screen, and then after I get welcomed back. Each time, I hit cancel and its been letting me in.

Granted, though I'm in, its awfully shaky. It crashes frequently, especially if I'm trying to visit friends (which, of course, makes the Christmas coins frustrating...).

I haven't tried to buy doughnuts since it first went kablooey. Still a little gun shy.
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    Mine did, but has somewhat regulated itself.

I still get prompted to enter my itunes password at the black screen, and then after I get welcomed back. Each time, I hit cancel and its been letting me in.

Granted, though I'm in, its awfully shaky. It crashes frequently, especially if I'm trying to visit friends (which, of course, makes the Christmas coins frustrating...).

I haven't tried to buy doughnuts since it first went kablooey. Still a little gun shy.

On the occasion I do get promoted for a password, hitting cancel has done nothing for me, I'm so fed up of this....
  • mike_bornste
    941 posts
    edited December 2012
    That stinks. But don't give up hope!

My error started on Friday evening, so I'm not too surprised that things haven't cleared up totally as yet. I'd love to believe that with the work week's return, a bug this detrimental (to EA; after all, if they can't fix it, they get no cash for their freemium game!) will be rectified.

Crossing my fingers and toes. I'd cross my eyes also, but that would make looking at the screen hard...
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    That stinks. But don't give up hope!

My error started on Friday evening, so I'm not too surprised that things haven't cleared up totally as yet. I'd love to believe that with the work week's return, a bug this detrimental (to EA; after all, if they can't fix it, they get no cash for their freemium game!) will be rectified.

Crossing my fingers and toes. I'd cross my eyes also, but that would make looking at the screen hard...

Mine started Friday night to! They said it may be fixed with the next 'client update,' but that's ages away!!!!!
    I'm getting soooooooo annoyed right now, thanks for your support though! x
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    So they'll fix the login issue quickly, but not this.......
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    So they'll fix the login issue quickly, but not this.......

Ugh
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    SECOND time restoring my phone and still NOTHING!!!!!
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    SECOND time restoring my phone and still NOTHING!!!!!

This is getting retarted.
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    I just tried and it went to the screen with Bart and the "not this screen again" then shut down. Maybe that means something is getting worked on
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 5!
  • oneitunesbabe182
    183 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 5!!!!!!
  • lauren122688
    136 posts
    edited December 2012
    Day 6!
  • TheUman_85
    62 posts
    edited December 2012
    I have a similar problem. When the Christmas update came and I leveled up to 24, I received the two donuts for level progression. After I exited the app and came back in, the two donuts were gone. Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I collected two donuts from cleaning garbage in a new land plot that I had purchased. Left the app and upon returning those two donuts were gone as well.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.