EA Forums - Banner

new website, made it myself... feedback needed

Prev1
Nice Site. I know how hard starting a site is which is why I viewed it. Keep up the work! Maybe offer a comments section, and a few more pictures on a variety of places on the site :)

Replies

• simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    I want to put feedback section in "about us" just didn't quite now how and have a time... I mean didn't have time to find out how to do it ;)
    I will add more pictures in photos and services (3 of each) but I don't think having em in random places is a good idea... I rather keep it neat.
    Thanks a lot :thumbup:
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Looks a good website :thumbup: :D
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I checked it on my phone. Looks nice, mate! Well done!
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    I want to put feedback section in "about us" just didn't quite now how and have a time... I mean didn't have time to find out how to do it ;)
    I will add more pictures in photos and services (3 of each) but I don't think having em in random places is a good idea... I rather keep it neat.
    I mean like with other posts so its evidence of the work :)
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    wilki1999 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:

So you mean like feedback and photo next to it?
    I had to many customers over the years to know which floor is whom, I.don't keep a track (remember) whose floor we done 2weeks ago...
    I mean I've got diary with all the contact details and services which been done in last five years, but I don't remember which is which from the photos
    Plus I wouldn't ask customers which been done over a month ago for a feedback (people don't want to be bothered).
    So feedback yes but I'm not sure with a photo idea....
    Really appreciate what you suggested, that exactly what I need..brainstorm.... fresh ideas
  • wilki1999
    3965 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    simbass7 wrote:
    wilki1999 wrote:
    simbass7 wrote:

So you mean like feedback and photo next to it?
    I had to many customers over the years to know which floor is whom, I.don't keep a track (remember) whose floor we done 2weeks ago...
    I mean I've got diary with all the contact details and services which been done in last five years, but I don't remember which is which from the photos
    Plus I wouldn't ask customers which been done over a month ago for a feedback (people don't want to be bothered).
    So feedback yes but I'm not sure with a photo idea....
    Really appreciate what you suggested, that exactly what I need..brainstorm.... fresh ideas
    Sort of, but if you say tile laying for example, a picture of tile laying that you have done :)
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    That's make sense now....it's all done, just click on it (service section) and it will take you to another page with photo samples
    That's all done...
  • sherryt07
    3273 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I checked your recommended links, half expecting to see the Tapped Out forums listed. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • davo180
    14974 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    sherryt07 wrote:
    I checked your recommended links, half expecting to see the Tapped Out forums listed. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

:lol:

That's what I checked for 2 :lol:
  • Undaunted-001
    2295 posts
    edited March 2014
    Looks very sleek Simbass well done
  • empathy77
    4187 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The website looks well put together.

I'm more impressed with the quality of work that goes on with the floors. Is that what you do in the "real world"?
  • nascarchamp0
    1017 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Looks very good!
    The only thing that I can add is perhaps a brief description about the service before the pictures.

For example, gap filling.
    I have hardwood floors in my home that have those gaps between the wood. I did not know that they could be filled to make a smooth floor.
    So something saying that I don't have to rip up my floor and replace it to get rid of the years of dirt that have accumulated there would be helpful. You could do the same with staining too.

• wyendn
    310 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Looks great Simbass. I love wooden floors and furniture especially after its been refinished. Looks like you work in some really nice places. Hope all is well haven't talk to u in awhile.
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    Thanks everyone for a kind words:)
    @sherryt07 I never thought of it but I may do:), customers will know where to find me :)
    @empathy77 yep, that's my "real word", or at least half of it,the other half is call Rebecca :)
    I love my job, it's very satisfying- make changes in short time and create something beautiful (plus it pay off really well)
    @nascarchamp0 That's a great idea :thumbup: I can say something like you can give a new life to your floor,does draft annoys you? You can fill up the gaps and have smooth floor as.... or make a floor of your choice (stains), I gone add it, thanks for a great idea!
    @wyendn thanks, wood is great, it can look so good, I holy you're well
    I'm always around but had much going on, sorry ;)
  • jae_bazz
    5730 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think it's really smart that you included pictures of your different services in progress, not just the end result. I can see myself thinking "hey, my floor looks like the crappy one in the first picture, but Jacks Floors London can make it look like the awesome one in the third pic!" :D
  • bee88161
    2976 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Awesome work Simbass! You should be very proud of that :thumbup:
  • NeoSEC28
    39609 posts
    edited March 2014
    Your site looks brilliant mate :thumbup: Very impressive tbh, your site is far better than some of the lighting manufacturers websites i use on a daily basis.

Keep up the good work bud :)

Checking through your gallery photos i kinda wanna get that Frog chair for me kids :lol:
    Volunteer EA Senior Moderator
  • simbass7
    1928 posts
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, I done my best, plan was to make it simple, smart and professional. You wouldn't say my IT skills are close to 0, that's true tho. I'm really happy with a outcome, but was wondering what the others think ...
    ... and thanks to nascarchamp I found another way to improve it a little more.
    Green frog, it's lush, isn't it? For kids up to 4yo
    Thanks everyone for wasting your time on me.
  • Kozzi59
    1393 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    That's really nice work! I envy anyone who can produce such a slick website.

Good luck! I hope it goes really well for you :thumbup:

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • CookieKwan1
    962 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow, you've done a great job putting this together, I find it very easy to navigate and the before and after shots are wonderful. You're good at what you do that's for sure! :D
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.