EA Forums - Banner

why have updates gotten so S...L...O...W...?

Has anyone noticed that from the two years I've played, it took them that long to make just about 18 levels. TSTO ain't looking too good :shock:

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    I think (major) updates have slowed because game developers have feelings, too. Maybe they're exhausted from all the complaints about every update released, ever.
  • ElectroString
    238 posts
    edited March 2014
    i voted the last option, just for fun and to be the first to vote it :P

The game is totally boring one day, yet the next i am getting items out of storage and resume designing my Springfield and it's the best there is! So, it therefore all depends on my mood i guess
  • snyder712
    39 posts
    edited March 2014
    just out of curiosity, for the people who vote that the game is still loads of fun, how long have you been playing?

I've noticed that a lot of my friends who have been playing forever like me are now seldom visiting their towns. Kind of sad how many of them are dropping off now.
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    snyder712 wrote:
    seriously, in the first year i played this game there were like 30 level updates. There was always something going on. Always something fun. Now we've had a handful of updates in the past 6 months to a year leaving LONG stretches of game with NOTHING to do.

so my big question after weeks now with nothing but a pathetic hamster thing is whether this game will ever be fun again or if we can just expect an update every 6 months from here-on with nothing to keep our interest in between? Because i think my epiphany is that i'm still playing, not because the game is actually fun, but because i'm hoping that SOME DAY again the game will be fun. TSTO is like an old, stale romance that you just can't break off because you have history and keep hoping it will magically rekindle to its original hotness.

so while we're at it... let's have a poll... because clicking an option in a poll is more fun than making grandpa tell stories on the couch for the 1000th time when there is nothing else in the game to do.

Well in the first year since the release we had 6 level updates and the second we had 12 level updates, so no I don't think it's slowing down. I think it's getting better and better regardless of what people think they deserve to get or want from an update.
  • dwaynedolly
    9 posts
    edited March 2014
    Was there really that many more releases? Or was it just because you were new and had to complete everything else. I think the updates are coming at about the same rate, it's just now there is nothing to do in between since I maxed out, except for collect money and wait.
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Was there really that many more releases? Or was it just because you were new and had to complete everything else. I think the updates are coming at about the same rate, it's just now there is nothing to do in between since I maxed out, except for collect money and wait.
    Were you talking to me?
  • mwdalton
    11549 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    AARONRTD wrote:
    Were you talking to me?

giphy.gif
  • AARONRTD
    1819 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    mwdalton wrote:
    AARONRTD wrote:
    Were you talking to me?

giphy.gif
    Naw man I weren't a talking to ya!
    grandpa_e3efae_976974.gif
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Because EA is slowly sucking out your soul through tap..........
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • Itchem-Scratchem
    1338 posts
    edited March 2014
    community-knewit1.gif
  • Annathewicked
    4722 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    community-knewit1.gif

True story!
    PM me- I DO need Good Neighboreenos currently
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited March 2014
    snyder712 wrote:
    just out of curiosity, for the people who vote that the game is still loads of fun, how long have you been playing?

I've noticed that a lot of my friends who have been playing forever like me are now seldom visiting their towns. Kind of sad how many of them are dropping off now.

Approximately 5 months.
    I still like the game very much, even if the tasks are repetitive now and I'm looking forward to the next update.
    At the moment I'm collecting money for the last land plots and the escalator. Not really fulfilling.
    But one of the main reasons to vote for "loads of fun" is this forum. It belongs to the general experience of the game.
    In the beginning I had a lot to do in my town and looked up only the faqs and guides as well as the tsto wiki.
    Now I spend less time in my Springfield and more time here...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.