EA Forums - Banner

Still having issues with buildings/decs showing in front of characters

ScreenHunter_02Mar281624_zps6253f5e2.jpg

This is what I mean, not a great example but you can see that the turkey's head is behind the building :lol:

Replies

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The fix I've seen is to sync your game on an apple device. (It is kind of an android problem, but it syncs that way so makes sense that your neighbors would see it.)
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    The only Apple device I have is an iMac :(
  • llazzarr
    173 posts
    edited March 2014
    I've had the same problem for over a month on my android device. It's annoying as hell.
  • dirtmcgirt50
    7 posts
    edited March 2014
    Over a month for me as well. Getting worse every day with half the characters disappearing when they walk next to buildings. Destroys the gameplay.
  • 8injoe
    94 posts
    edited March 2014
    This problem has been around for over 6 mths now and has not been fixed in all that time.

There is no way I'm syncing on an apple device as everybody knows if you use apple you will get aids
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited March 2014
    I love the update (Manjula!!!) but am very disappointed that the layer glitch hasn't been fixed.

@Neuroheart
    Synching on an apple device does not help.

Furthermore the game seems unstable to me. Lately it crashed a lot while I was visiting my friends, now it does so while I am doing nothing but collecting money in my Springfield.

Did I mention that I love the update for giving us Mamjula? <3
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Synching on an apple device does not help.

Did for me. For a lot of other people too. Some of those did have the glitch reoccur.
  • neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited March 2014
    Ask a friend? I know someone with an iPad that I play on sometimes, if my own device is dying or something. May or may not be related to the fact that I've never had the layering glitch. If you don't know anyone, just see if there's anywhere you can get your hands on one. It should only take a few minutes to sign in, sync your game, and sign back out.
  • NickiElliott
    336 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:
    Ask a friend? I know someone with an iPad that I play on sometimes, if my own device is dying or something. May or may not be related to the fact that I've never had the layering glitch. If you don't know anyone, just see if there's anywhere you can get your hands on one. It should only take a few minutes to sign in, sync your game, and sign back out.

None of my friends have iPads, they have android tablets. I can just see it now lol, "Hello stranger, please let me borrow your few hundred quid iPad just for a few seconds so I can sync my Tapped Out" :lol:

Seriously though, six months and EA still haven't fixed this bug?
  • LeuchtbojeConny
    544 posts
    edited April 2014
    I'm not optimistic that E.A. will fix it.
    I think they regard it like the death drop in KL: the graphics are faulty, but as long as gameplay is still possible, they don't care.

• neuroheart
    8132 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    None of my friends have iPads, they have android tablets. I can just see it now lol, "Hello stranger, please let me borrow your few hundred quid iPad just for a few seconds so I can sync my Tapped Out" :lol:
    Well, I would have suggested a store or university library before random stranger, but I suppose you could give that a shot.
  • duncanbrow162
    277 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    This has just started happening in my game too.
  • dbur0835
    9 posts
    edited April 2014
    I received a reply from my open ticket for this issue, that this issue should be fixed with the next update 4.8.

Here is what EA Customer service said:
    I understand that you've contacted us in relation to your ongoing issue with The Simpsons: Tapped Out. I'm terribly sorry to hear about this issue affecting you. Being a huge TSTO fan myself (and spending way too much money on donuts!) I perfectly understand how frustrating and inconvenient your issue must be.

As you were previously informed, your report has been forwarded to our Expert department for further investigation. It so happens that I just received an update from them. I am pleased to let you know that the Studio has investigated and will be issuing a patch to fix your TSTO issue. This fix should be released with the next game update (4.8) and at this time I have to ask for your patience while we’re working on implementing the solution for you. I know this isn't an immediate fix, but I hope you can be patient until this version is released to see the improvements.

the good news is a big update is on the way, hopefully an event, can't wait to see if it actually fixes anything.
  • edited April 2014
    I have it too, gets worse everyday :<
    EA should fix this asap and i really really hope they will soon..
    It takes the fun out of it and destroys my motivation to build something..
    what the point when your new project will glitch like hell anyway, right?

It makes me sad to see that EA fixes a wrong Donutprice within Hours
    and this is still an major Issue (this and the wrong town feature)
    even after Months..

One thing is for sure, i will refuse to spend anymore of my real Money on
    this Game till this is fixed!!

• datadyne20963
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I thought I was the only one having this issue. Came to this section of the board for this reason alone. So there's no way to fix it? Just wait until a update and keep fingers crossed?

I too, have been having this issue for over a month. Infact, I stopped playing for a good 4 weeks over this bug. It might seem petty but when your entire neighborhood is glitched up the Coolio it knocks a lot of the fun out of it.
  • edited April 2014
    Just for Info: I play on a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

I recognized that only the Buildings glitch out that i have moved or placed in the last Months..
    The Simpsons House and a few others i haven't touched since a long Time(Christmas) are not glitching..
    Sadly i redone most of my Town and ca 90% of the Building glitch. :/

It would be Interesting if EA is aware of this Issue,
    i am mostly a positive Person but this makes me Angry because it takes all the Fun out of
    this Game which I love!!

Everyone seeing this and having the same Problem please post here so this Thread get recognized
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I thought I was the only one having this issue. Came to this section of the board for this reason alone. So there's no way to fix it? Just wait until a update and keep fingers crossed?
    Or open your town on an iOS device and sync it. If you can't find someone to borrow one from, go to an Apple store. Take a friend with you. Have the friend fake a seizure. During the commotion, log into an iPad. (If you get arrested, I will deny everything.) The glitch can come back, but it's iOS or wait.
  • dethovu
    6 posts
    edited April 2014
    Syncing via an Apple device is only a temporary solution for most. It comes back within a month.

Glad to hear there may be a fix for this issued with the next patch...took long enough!
  • datadyne20963
    53 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    "Have the friend fake a seizure." LOL!

Yeah I read that syncing on an Apple device is a "temporary fix" but I won't bother.

Being an Android user I shouldn't have to do this just to fix a bug that's basically EA's fault. EA needs to correct this issue themselves instead of saying "Just wait until a next update and maybe we'll fix it"

Until they fix the bug I won't be buying anything/building anything new. If EA wants more money from me then they need to take the cash they've accumulated over the past two years or so and get their programmers to repair it for us. I refuse to do their work.

Not complaining either, I understand issues will always pop up but it is their responsibility to correct it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!