EA Forums - Banner

Simpsons world cup update??

very slim, I would say.

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    Probably but I think it would of been before the episode aired but anything is possible
  • NOVA_POLARI
    1010 posts
    edited April 2014
    0% the point of an episode tie in is to advertise the episode so it has to be before the episode airs. I think we will getting something from the episode in the yard sale at the end of the season but no official episode tie in.
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    The episode already aired. Not going to happen. Also, EA would have to be very careful not to use any copyrighted material. The rights that the tv show has for trademarked names, etc are not the same that EA has for this specific game.
  • LPNintendoITA
    11661 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    How would you even tie that in? Most would be uninterested although I realize many here are not in the US and like football (aka soccer) :wink:
    Spider Pig was in it...
    My Youtube and Twitch / WikiSimpons Current Event Page and Discord
  • kevfd
    377 posts
    edited April 2014
    I didnt even mention an episode tie-in!!! :lol: I was talking about an event, the Football, (aka. soccer - only in USA), World cup is a cpl months away yet!!!
  • doh1886
    916 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    If FOX have the rights to the World Cup then it would be possible. As far as I know they do not. Anything World Cup related wouldn't go beyond mini event like the Superbowl tie in.

I'd love some kind of tie in but it seems unlikely.
  • UnseenWarrior19
    56 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    kevfd wrote:
    I didnt even mention an episode tie-in!!! :lol: I was talking about an event, the Football, (aka. soccer - only in USA), World cup is a cpl months away yet!!!

Its soccer in Canada to :D
  • chippers29775
    930 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I want a giant soccer ball for my Springfield.

*hopes for yard sale*
  • ljwaug23
    128 posts
    edited April 2014
    Not really a fan of soccer, but it would be nice to have a playable soccer field where you could have the kids play a game on it and perhaps bet money on the game.
  • soapy_84
    67 posts
    edited April 2014
    I would say virtually none as the rights to football are granted to different people in different countries and it would just be a legal nightmare for not a very big pay day for EA.
    Its football americans, the clue is in the fact you play it with your feet. The game you call football is obviously actually hand egg.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.