EA Forums - Banner

Small updates frequently or Colossal update less frequent

2Next

Replies

• drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    Can we have a third option please:

No updates until we can go a week without an update thread.

So you don't want any updates at all and some update threads are old and just been getting bumped
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Being serious for a second, I'm not all that fussed about updates when it comes to characters and new buildings. I'm far more interested in more decorations. I'd be quite happy to spend more time designing my town than clicking through quests that are often not visible.
  • mr_skeltal_80
    18104 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    In fact, it's so difficult that in many cases, those who utilize English as a first language still struggle with it.

That, unfortunately, happens in every language. Terrible how some of my fellow native Dutch speakers 'abuse' their own language... And with some, of course, I mean a lot!
  • hankscorpio23
    621 posts Member
    edited April 2014

I figured the common response would be 'both.' What is important is that players remain interested. I know many, including myself, find it difficult and teetering on boring to log in daily with long lapses in new content. Waiting a few months in between events, even if very significant events, would be too long. And although welcomed, the small updates don't grab players for very long.

From EA's perspective, both large and small events are necessary. Regular reviewing of the top grossing apps chart in the app store demonstrates TSTO's revenue stream is directly connected to its updates. When we are waiting for the next the update, TSTO ranking drops considerable within the top 100. With a small update, rankings generally creep back into the top 20 and with a "colossal" update TSTO spikes into the top 10 and in the past has been a regular in the top 3.

So for everyone's happiness, keep the updates both large and small coming often.
  • leepierce27
    328 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    I want massive updates with three to five levels everyday, PLUS episode tie-ins twice a week. Also, I want everything to be free. No premium characters. I also want new roads, like dirt, new challenges, I DO NOT want the wheel, although if I get it I want infinite spins and an equal chance of getting the high-end buildings. I equally want and don't want the monorail, because it will look cool and be a burden at the same time. Once I get all of these things, I'll find something else wrong.
    That's not what I'm saying at all but thanks for coming out

Ha not having a go at you, I'm actually being serious. I want the game to be the way it was when I first started, where we had a significant number of levels ahead of us and new surprises around every corner. Maybe sit down and release a giant ten level update next month then smaller seasonal updates as we go on, just to keep us occupied. Considering the amount of money we throw at this game with premium content it's definitely doable.
  • kingmob31838
    519 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    No wonder people are so entitled if EA was handing out stuff left right and center at the beginning. I was pretty staggered how much you get from this game considering it's Freemium.

And for people who go, 'yeah, they make wads of cash out of it' - sure they do, they're a business at the end of the day. There's also plenty of games out there that aren't half as much fun, and ask for a lot more from your wallet.
  • incantoscuro
    22 posts
    edited April 2014
    small updates frequently ;)
  • theyankees220
    29 posts
    edited April 2014
    vetteeater wrote:
    Personally, I think they should drop massive updates every few months instead of releasing small updates monthly. Increase the level cap by 5 instead of 1 each time. Then we could all play at our own pace. As it is now, most of us finish the update in 2 or 3 days and wait weeks for the next bit. Also, I would make the items they release in the higher levels wayyyy more money. level 40 should have 2 buildings at $750,000 and $1 million and increase for the next level. It's not hard enough when people have hoards of cash

edits for spelling police
    Umm buddy all the players who scrounge to get money will never be able to afford those. I have almost 10 million and spending about 3 million is way too much.
  • maxeerg
    1010 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I prefer collussall. An amalgamation of "collusion" and "all". A conspiracy so big that everyone is in on it.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.