EA Forums - Banner

Where did all the pre-event spoilers go?

We are not at liberty to discuss that.

Replies

• jmart0031914
    281 posts
    edited April 2014
    whatever is supplied or not by EA is what it is. i am just glad i get the game...
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

I don't need to know specifics, but did something actually go down?
  • HillyBillyOli
    1422 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    EA just got better at hiding stuff.
  • direwolf987
    7450 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

We are allowed to discuss "speculation". All the stuff the OP mentioned was just "speculation" that turned out to come true. Anything that may happen in the future is being predicted it is just purely "speculation". Notice the key word in my post.

• epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I find EA's attitude about a spoilers a bit odd, given that most companies use teasers, spoilers, etc to raise excitement about what is coming.
  • drosax1
    4860 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    neuroheart wrote:

They hid the files better I guess and they've been unpredictable recently but usually when something is coming it'll be on spAnser's site.
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

They hid the files better I guess and they've been unpredictable recently but usually when something is coming it'll be on spAnser's site.

Yeah I think you are very right on that end, EA has been getting a lot better at hiding stuff so that we cannot so easily "Speculate" (Notice the Capital S rather than lowercase :) ) about what is coming. But I have noticed that even spAnser's site has not been getting or posting anything new before the actual day of its release. I guess as mentioned above, I really don't see why EA would not want to be using the teasers either. I really think that because of what they released in the past pre-event and from what was found in files, it just added to the initial mass marketing effect. It worked well. my hope is that this week EA releases some news about a spring event, and then I can pretend like this thread that I created... "never.....happened" (in the voice of Homer)
  • GamerGD3
    3029 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    drosax1 wrote:
    neuroheart wrote:

Yeah I think you are very right on that end, EA has been getting a lot better at hiding stuff so that we cannot so easily "Speculate" (Notice the Capital S rather than lowercase :) ) about what is coming. But I have noticed that even spAnser's site has not been getting or posting anything new before the actual day of its release. I guess as mentioned above, I really don't see why EA would not want to be using the teasers either. I really think that because of what they released in the past pre-event and from what was found in files, it just added to the initial mass marketing effect. It worked well. my hope is that this week EA releases some news about a spring event, and then I can pretend like this thread that I created... "never.....happened" (in the voice of Homer)

My opinion on why is that people were posting the entire dialogue, pictures, prices and everything. Which EA recognized as a security threat of their data. I don't think they care too much about the spoilers, I think it was all of the code right there for anyone to see. So I think they needed to hide it - which effectively takes away the spoilers.

I'm on the fence. While I do like to see the spoilers, I think it removes that aspect of surprise - which does give excitement when an update hits. Although with Spanser posting the update immediately when it happens I end up seeing that first mostly.
  • Starman_thc
    389 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    Maybe the clamping down from EA is due to the fact that some of the stuff that had been found in those files never came to fruition. I mean if some info had been posted about something like...oh lets say odd new crops, or characters/buildings... maybe they created such a commotion with them that they figured it was better if they were a little more secretive.

Just guessing...
  • maximbarne126
    3911 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    I agree, I loved getting the spoilers weeks before the update came! :-\
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited April 2014
    Maybe the clamping down from EA is due to the fact that some of the stuff that had been found in those files never came to fruition. I mean if some info had been posted about something like...oh lets say odd new crops, or characters/buildings... maybe they created such a commotion with them that they figured it was better if they were a little more secretive.

Just guessing...

Yeah I'm still waiting for my Mayan Marge!!!!! lol
  • epolng
    298 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    It seems like maybe the devs should be better at communicating if they don't want people searching the files. Just a "Coning in April" and a few screenshots or something.
  • kanderson123
    247 posts
    edited April 2014
    That would be cool. The app: x-men battle of the atom has been using that model pretty effectively.
  • datasurgeon
    1878 posts Member
    edited April 2014
    If you like spoilers let me tell you about level 40

what do you meant I can't tell.

No it's not speculation; it the truth

Go ahead try and gag me

MHHMMMP!
  • amauthe8
    370 posts New member
    edited April 2014
    Well, realistically, it's safe to expect a halloween event, an Xmas event, standard holiday stuff, but I'm also sort of tided over because at New Years they mentioned the monorail and a new sideshow bob idea.

It's not much, but it's all I have.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!