EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Need 2 telescopes for Felicia
    And 6000 blam! Hopefully should take a large step to it today as I need 3 greens in 9 hours for 2500 blam in the final streak, and I always get greens from zapping stewie so should only need one from the two hour tasks
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I am 500 Blam away from the Q Hotel. Still haven't heard back from TinyCo whether or not they'll be able to restore the items for my Long John Peter costume.
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited August 2014
    Minion stewie drops sundaes, but I guess Minion stewie hasn't been added to game yet. I got a pop-up saying there were none in my town.
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Word of advice: play Giant Stewie smarter now. Perlman and Stewart's 4 hr Spray tasks have gone from "always" to "rare." Also, Mutant Stewies seem to be occurring less frequently, so save your batteries too.
  • Igcognita
    1500 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Word of advice: play Giant Stewie smarter now. Perlman and Stewart's 4 hr Spray tasks have gone from "always" to "rare." Also, Mutant Stewies seem to be occurring less frequently, so save your batteries too.

I guess I have to change my strategy, thanks for this info. Seemed like I had a surge in items dropping, but if that has changed, then I guess the game is going back to a slower progression pace.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Just got a in game message that stan lee is joining soon, I think Friday but could be next week- they also said giant stewie is mutating and a new weapon is needed to beat him
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    Igcognita wrote:

I guess I have to change my strategy, thanks for this info. Seemed like I had a surge in items dropping, but if that has changed, then I guess the game is going back to a slower progression pace.

The answer to that is obviously TinyCo aren't making enough money as it is from this event (remind you of EA's actions during TSTO Easter event?), so have heavily changed the odds to make people require the need to spend real money on clams to get batteries or speed up tasks to get pesticides.
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited August 2014
    Just got the flame lois costume. Just leaves blobulous - 6 sundaes to go. Anyone noticed some times there's diamonds where clams normally are in some rewards sections
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    83qWQmx.jpg
    Maybe worth not stocking up on pesticides, may be completely worthless tomorrow
  • ephphoneapps
    4070 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Good point about the Sprays - may be a new technique altogether.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    Maybe worth not stocking up on pesticides, may be completely worthless tomorrow

Yeah, i just got that notification as well, i used some clams to get Ron and Felicia unlocked being as they gave us 50, might as well use them for something in this event. I think the best strategy to have between now and tomorrow (possibly over the weekend) sometime would be to stock up on batteries if you get them. I have 4 right now, would have had a lot more but used them to get the second car. If they are bringing a new mutant Stewie of some sort into the game, it's possible that pesticides will be useless if stored (unless TinyCo are generous and change the saved pesticides players have to whatever may be next?). Besides, all i ever got was orange ones, occasional green ones and very few reds.
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    Yeah I figured I might as well use my pesticides. If I'm lucky I might manage to hit another 15x multiplier before the next update.
  • bluyoshi88810
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    I got the Q Hotel this morning and I am glad it's a quick build (I have the Mouse Store under construction). As for Giant Mutant Stewie, I need 29 oranges by 9:30 pm tonight so I am stocking up before the update hits. They usually release it a day early.
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    So are we thinking the pesticides and batteries will be obsolete come Friday??
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    vetteeater wrote:

I suspect the pesticides will be obsolete but the batteries will remain due to the battery offer that was added recently

It does say something about a new weapon to take on Stewie
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited August 2014
    could be the new weapon is for the stewie minion
  • 1nbxfan
    183 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

I suspect the pesticides will be obsolete but the batteries will remain due to the battery offer that was added recently

I have to disagree strongly. There would be no point than in the obscene 500 clams buying Cranston who specifically gives you all three types of pesticides and, the waste of clams spent on man stewie to buy packages of pesticides. They are all about getting as much money from you as possible.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited August 2014
    1nbxfan wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

I have to disagree strongly. There would be no point than in the obscene 500 clams buying Cranston who specifically gives you all three types of pesticides and, the waste of clams spent on man stewie to buy packages of pesticides. They are all about getting as much money from you as possible.

Tinyco like to change the rules without notification, so expect them to change the pesticides to something else unexpectedly

And your right about them doing anything to get money from players, this event proves that
  • DaNgerSteVe
    212 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    im already at X25 multiplier with stewie i have 31/29 orange pesticides with 6 hours and29 minutes left, should i get rid of my pesticides or wait
  • lukeout007
    727 posts Member
    edited August 2014
    1nbxfan wrote:
    dave3490 wrote:
    vetteeater wrote:

Except it's perfectly logical to think Bryan Cranston's item drops could change to whatever the new weapon is.

Don't forget they're also releasing Nathan Fillion who may very well be the same price as Bryan Cranston and drop whatever this round of weapons is.