EA Forums - Banner

Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff: Discussion

Replies

• TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited December 2014
    Good luck everyone doing the last push for people.

I hope that the NYE event is either super easy or at least through Monday. I have to work and travel on NYE.
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited December 2014
    And with the news of the NYE thing, i sit here knowing that if they release a ton of stuff for it, i'm never going to be able to fit it anywhere in my town unless they open up District 10 at the same time... I am out of land, none left at all. Told you one strip of land would not be enough :cry:
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    dave3490 wrote:
    And with the news of the NYE thing, i sit here knowing that if they release a ton of stuff for it, i'm never going to be able to fit it anywhere in my town unless they open up District 10 at the same time... I am out of land, none left at all. Told you one strip of land would not be enough :cry:
    I'm completely out of land, quite a few of the Christmas stuff is placed wherever I have room near other buildings. Plus, I also have several buildings in storage. Hopefully they unlock loads of land, as I have ran out of land, I would hate to be premium with all/almost all the content.
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited December 2014
    What are we going to do with all these cookies? I have 98K cookies and nothing to spend them on. Hopefully the New Year's event will use them, because otherwise it was just stupid to give 100,000 cookies for completing the wish list.
  • L_B_123XD
    1709 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm surprised they didn't give us a mystery box like they did in all previous event as a completion thing like they normally do.
    Finally got myself 15 free clams from visiting a friend and dropping a gift :)
    Still very unlikely to end up with Jesus but I have reached over 200 clams meaning I can buy a new character in the next event so hopefully there's someone good.
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited December 2014
    my hope is the Christmas event and the New Year's event is going to be a nice roll over without any hiccups lol
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited December 2014
    L_B_123XD wrote:
    I'm surprised they didn't give us a mystery box like they did in all previous event as a completion thing like they normally do.
    Finally got myself 15 free clams from visiting a friend and dropping a gift :)
    Still very unlikely to end up with Jesus but I have reached over 200 clams meaning I can buy a new character in the next event so hopefully there's someone good.

I just hope Jillian is free. I really don't feel like wasting clams on her.
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Paul and gene are voiced? Not in my game was there an update which I didn't get yet?
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited December 2014
    ACE19711 wrote:
    Paul and gene are voiced? Not in my game was there an update which I didn't get yet?

I remember a week back i think TinyCo said there were major issues with sound in the game for iOS users, to which some voices were not added until the error was fixed. I haven't heard anything more about this but perhaps that is the issue you are having?

I bought the Kiss characters the moment they were released and they were all voiced immediately. In fact, the only character i have in the game that is not voiced is Mr W33d for some reason.

If i hear anything more i'll make a post about it if i can, but info is limited tbh, except that TinyCo are looking into the issue
  • ACE19711
    1110 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I have an iOS device so Ill have to wait till the issue is resolved that's fine now I know they're working on a solution
  • dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited December 2014
    Someone just posted this on Facebook... Now i really am glad to have over 100k cookies if this is true

4uv0xg.jpg
  • phoebexlois
    975 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    Dave, if you go on the help and support, on Miracle on Spooner Street, that is the final question! So happy, I finally got Jesus, and the 86,000 cookies I have won't go to waste!
  • vetteeater
    721 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I bought 2 and 3 of every item and still have 100,000 cookies. Plus my characters have stopped doing non story tasks to prepare for the unknown start of the new years update
  • TheGlassHammer
    820 posts
    edited December 2014
    Looks like I will go back to collecting cookies from my buildings.
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited December 2014
    I got Jesus - spent 8 clams to speed up an attack to get the last hp 15mins before the yeti reset. I finally got everything.
  • skylight16
    166 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    There's a New year clam sale. anybody take up the offer?

I would've but I already bought 2 $9.99 packages (the ones with free cookies and stuff) during the event... :(
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts Member
    edited December 2014
    I got Jesus - spent 8 clams to speed up an attack to get the last hp 15mins before the yeti reset. I finally got everything.

Yay! And clams well spent - his clam-generating task will earn that back with interest. Plus his outdoor tasks have honestly made me lol. Can't decide if I like the slip-slide one or the water-into-clams one better.

• dave3490
    2472 posts
    edited December 2014
    My task list is empty and i have zero to do, every character is on a 24hr task until tonight. Gives me a chance to have a short break from the game until the NYE update hits.

Bought a further 130 clams just to get the firetruck, already had 517 clams from a previous purchase so didn't really need them, but, wanted that firetruck - only for it to disappear as soon as i went to place it! Grrrr
  • dhfjhvgjhvhjfg
    1067 posts
    edited December 2014

Yay! And clams well spent - his clam-generating task will earn that back with interest. Plus his outdoor tasks have honestly made me lol. Can't decide if I like the slip-slide one or the water-into-clams one better.
    I've only seen the slip slide one.

Appears a quest for an animated fire engine has come up. You get it free with purchase of any amount of clams. Does anyone think it's worth it?
  • Nitsujdark
    515 posts
    edited December 2014
    Ha. Finally got the Santa Clam. Been getting useless stocking for days.